What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket's day of shame

skeepe

Immortal
Twizzle said:
I would suggest its crap Skeepe much like alot of the stuff from the Indian media

I'd say so. Two of the other headlines on the same page are

"Harbhajan booked for the fifth time"

immediately followed by

"Harbhajan's previous good conduct led to no-ban decision"

skeepe

Immortal
Twizzle said:
now Foxsports are saying the BCCI want to take legal action against Roy and CA

you shouldn't have backed down to the threat of legal action boys, you are gonna cop it anyway by the looks of it

no links on their website yet

Saw that this morning. They want Symonds punished for making false allegations.

fish eel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
I would suggest its crap Skeepe much like alot of the stuff from the Indian media

the explanation of the decision wont be released till 5 oclock this afternoon

they can't possibly know

I think the explanation is pretty clear from media reports this morning, that being cricket australia pressured the players to accept a downgraded charged, of which he was found guilty and fined his match fee.

The buck stops with CA for not having the gumption to back its men.

El Diablo

Post Whore
good to see Sunrise encouraging the fans to take a stance against this. even suggesting to boycott games

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
El Diablo said:
good to see Sunrise encouraging the fans to take a stance against this. even suggesting to boycott games

problem is that adversley affects the Aussie cricketers

not too well thought out

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Disgusting, just truly disgusting. Who's playing in the spirit of the game now Anil.

I personally challenge any of the supporters of the Indian Cricket Team's actions over the past few weeks to try to defend them now.

Danish

Referee
JJ said:
:lol: gotta know who your daddy is El D :lol:

While India's behaviour has been very petulant, they run the game so accept your bitch slapping and get on with it

Yes....

Why can't we be more like the kiwis and bend over with a smile?

El Diablo

Post Whore
someone sent in a suggestion that when India come out the crowd should turn their backs on them

good idea

ozbash

Referee
someone sent in a suggestion that when India come out the crowd should turn their backs on them

good idea

thats why you are recognised the world over as 'great' sports.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
ozbash said:

good idea

You are an idiot. And if your ramblings held any semblance of coherent argument, you might actually be able to offend some people here with your statements. But as it turns out, your stupidity and lack of a valid cause is the most offensive thing about you.

JJ

Immortal
grace and dignity, the Australian way (and the Indian way it seems) yup, turn your backs ladies :lol: sad and pathetic

I think the real issue here is that the Indians are standing up to the Australians on and off the field, and the fact that India is now clearly the most important nation in world cricket eats away at bigotted merkins like El D like an aggressive cancer...

[furrycat]

Coach
ozbash said:

good idea

Maybe we should smoke some dope like Pothead Flemmo to calm down eh?

You fish and fish but you fail everytime :lol:

HevyDevy

Coach
:lol:

That's an awesome way to stand up to Australia JJ - drop racial slurs then have an umpire sacked and threaten to go home if things don't go their way. Brilliant!

But as long as Australia cops it then it must be all good eh JJ?

JJ

Immortal
Frank_Grimes said:
You are an idiot. And if your ramblings held any semblance of coherent argument, you might actually be able to offend some people here with your statements. But as it turns out, your stupidity and lack of a valid cause is the most offensive thing about you.

:lol: have another crack Frank - sober up first.

We all need a valid cause eh? :crazy:

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Twizzle said:
I guess they are not too worried about the suit being successful, its the cost of the procedure which can have adverse affects on their cash, which really doesn't say much for CA

all morals out the window, lets just worry about our bank account

Whereas I think it is a disgrace that world cricket has been held up by these racist ( see an "Aussie goes bolly" to see the huge amount of racism in the crowd toward Symonds) protecting bastards(imo)......

I totally reject the above Twiz...

CA has a responsibility to ALL LEVELS OF CRICKET in this country.
It has a responsibility to the game and the HEALTH of the game not only now but well into the future. If it believes that the financial burden of protecting a few first class cricketers is greater than supplying the grass roots of cricket in this country with support over the next ten years or whatever then it will, it MUST protect the future interest of the game in this country.

forget crap about preecedence and or a smuged reputation the game will live on way , way beyond anyone currently effected.

This is what CA must protect, and it has.

CA has thought only of itself and its reponsibility to ITS game in THIS country.

The prima donnas should pull their heads in.

India will have to live with what they have done and the history of the game will judge them and it will come back and bite them.

What MUST happen here is the ICC needs to address the APPAULING way it has handled this situation and redefine and strengthen its power so there is no room to move by cricketing nations without MAJOR consequences to there actions if this crap happens again.

How much power will India have if it is banned for 12mths from international cricket for a clear breach of the rules..say

Cricket won't die in India but the fools in charge would have to reconsider their attitude.

This is, or should be, good for world cricket and the ICC, if it is used to shore up its rules and guidleines governing situations such as this.

I see CA, in this situation, very much like a parent who has to do something it doesn't want to do, but has to for the benefit of the "family" in the short and longer terms.

Geebus I can relate to that.

India can go f**k themselves....

as far as I'm concerned I will watch the ICC very closely in the next 12-24mths..

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
:lol:

That's an awesome way to stand up to Australia JJ - drop racial slurs then have an umpire sacked and threaten to go home if things don't go their way. Brilliant!

But as long as Australia cops it then it must be all good eh JJ?

I'm not saying it's an awesome way...

But
1. It worked obviously
2. It annoys the hell out of some Australians
3. Clearly Australians have no choice but to cop it - so quit your bitching :D