What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crime Command Takes Over NRL Betting Inquiry

jc155776

Coach
Hahahaha

No one did anything wrong hey Goodwin??

Like f**k.

Tandy will not be playing next year.

blake1979

Juniors
i'm a dogs fan...and have to say, it looked very suss at the time and i haven't changed my mind since

very disappointing. the NRL need to distance itself from sports betting and do it fast before it loses credibility ala boxing

cheers,
moffo

A lot of things can look sus if you want to find them that way , Christ Brett Morris was out by nearly a metre the other night but the Touch judge couldnt see it , that could look sus too me if i wanted to treat it that way

innsaneink

Referee
Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ars-over-betting/story-e6frexnr-1225934593751

Nothing story IMO, just posted it to let you guys know that it happened. The Police are just following procedure from the sounds of things.

As a side note, click on the link to see the irrelevant picture the telegraph decided to use with this story... totally non-related :?

Gee thanks.....what are you letting us in on that ''happened''?

The betting, the story.....just what?
Most that join a forum are able to read, and thus we can form our own opinions....but thanks for the tip.

That chip on your shoulder must weigh a ton.

El Diablo

Post Whore
A lot of things can look sus if you want to find them that way , Christ Brett Morris was out by nearly a metre the other night but the Touch judge couldnt see it , that could look sus too me if i wanted to treat it that way

exactly

imagine a story came out that there'd been huge bets on Gasnier as first try scorer

everyone would start having a good look at the touch judge, Gasnier and Soward

blake1979

Juniors
Gee thanks.....what are you letting us in on that ''happened''?

The betting, the story.....just what?
Most that join a forum are able to read, and thus we can form our own opinions....but thanks for the tip.

That chip on your shoulder must weigh a ton.

You sound like one with thye chip on your shoulder , he posted a story and gave HIS own opinion and here you are carrying on like a child cause of it , isnt a forum for sharing stories and opinions

Cammo

Bench
but is that only because we are looking for it?

That's true, and I am not saying that it is a certainty that there was a betting scandal in this instance. I am just saying that in my opinion it looks pretty suss, and that I also think there is a wider issue in many sports regarding betting, the Pakistan cricket team already being a case in point.

innsaneink

Referee
You sound like one with thye chip on your shoulder , he posted a story and gave HIS own opinion and here you are carrying on like a child cause of it , isnt a forum for sharing stories and opinions

HE...is letting US know that something happened, ie: his opinion.

Nothing story IMO, just posted it to let you guys know that it happened.

He's got form for this, he's one very paranoid Dogs fan...sounds like he has company

Moffo

Referee
not at the time i watched it

did you?

i have been suss about things that go on in league games for a number of years now...john elias' book makes for an interesting read

to me it looked odd at the time. its not the most suss thing i've seen though.....i'm obviously not going to get the site in to trouble by naming other incidents, but suffice to say its not the first time i've been far from convinced about was has happened during the game. i would make the same comment about some AFL games i've seen

blake1979

Juniors
HE...is letting US know that something happened, ie: his opinion.

He's got form for this, he's one very paranoid Dogs fan...sounds like he has company

I come to the conclusion that he was posting the story and stating he was letting us know the 12 players got interviewed, why would i be paranoid?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
separated at birth?

587477-brett-kimmorley.jpg
956-067terminator-2-posters.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
tbh players will often give a penalty away if they think their team is struggling to get back and may concede a try (its what the sin bin was introduced for!). Only suss thing is the bets related to it, particularly the ones placed by people linked to the players/clubs.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Remember every arsehole had Stewart convicted by media reports, just wait till the facts are released before passing judgement.

Gronk

Staff member
So have the cops completed their investigation(s) as yet ? Wondering maybe that Tonga wants out because the Cowboys other big name may not be playing in 2011 either ?

Rats leaving the sinking ship maybe ?

SDM

First Grade
I have heard the one you may be allegedly refering to is in it up to his eyeballs.

Tandy was the only one dumb enough to walk into a well known pub with CCTV to place his bet.

chefman21

Juniors
Police just released a statement that was on the Channel Nine morning news. Showed CCTV footage of the guy placing the bet, and they say they are sifting through large amounts of information and will be pursuing a number of avenues. Mentioned that it doesn't just effect league but effects all sports.

russ13

First Grade
456692-nrl-sting-event.jpg

Do you know this man ... Strike Force Suburb detectives today issued CCTV footage of a man who they think can help them with their inquiry into the Round 24 NRL match between the Bulldogs and the Cowboys. Source: The Daily Telegraph

STRIKE Force Suburb detectives have released CCTV footage of a man they hope will help them crack open the possible match fixing allegations surrounding the round 24 NRL match between the Bulldogs and the Cowboys.
Police have released images of a man who placed one of the first suspicious bets on the match.
The man placed a bet that the first points would come from a North Queensland penalty goal at about 1pm on August 19 at a hotel on Parramatta Road at Flemington.

Over the next two days a suspiciously high number of similar bets were placed, with punters standing to win more than $250,000.
Bulldog prop Ryan Tandy famously lost the ball with his first hit-up of the match and then gave a penalty away in front of the posts.
But the Cowboys rejected the shot at a penalty goal and instead scored a try as the first play of the match.

``As this was one of the earliest bets placed on the game we believe he may have information that can assist our investigation,'' said Detective Superintendent Arthur Katsogiannis, commander of the Firearms and Organised Crime Squad.
Start of sidebar.

He said more than 80 people had so far been interviewed, including relevant players from the match, with the man identified in the CCTV footage one of the last unidentified people under investigation.

He said the scandal, being investigated by Strike Force Suburb, risked eroding public confidence in all sport.
``If true, the allegations go to the heart and the integrity of the game,'' Det. Supt. Katsogiannis said.

While he would not speculate on if or when charges would be laid, he said he was ``very optimistic'' about the chance of success.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...lldogs-bet-probe/story-e6frep5x-1225964414649