What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

criminal records

roughyedspud

Coach
can we try and get a list together of NRL players with criminal records as having a criminal record seems to be the major stubbling block for players trying to get one of the new UK visas..

t-ba

Post Whore
There's a difference between convictions and a criminal record. Nearly everyone has some form of record, whether it be their traffic history or something covered under what is regarded to be a 'criminal' history.

The problem for Todd is that he obviously has had convictions recorded for some of his activities. Typically, it takes a fair bit to get a conviction actually recorded, but once you've got one on your record, you are basically permaf*cked.

I'd imagine most NRL players have some form of record due to picking up a ticket or two (As does the rest of us), but there is a vast difference to that and what Todd Carney has done.

sooperdooper

First Grade
There's a difference between convictions and a criminal record. Nearly everyone has some form of record, whether it be their traffic history or something covered under what is regarded to be a 'criminal' history.

The problem for Todd is that he obviously has had convictions recorded for some of his activities. Typically, it takes a fair bit to get a conviction actually recorded, but once you've got one on your record, you are basically permaf*cked.

I'd imagine most NRL players have some form of record due to picking up a ticket or two (As does the rest of us), but there is a vast difference to that and what Todd Carney has done.

your assuming we all have traffic offences...dont assume things :crazy:

Loudstrat

Coach
Moffo - crimes against predictions.

Besides, Gus wasn't lauded as an arsewipe when he won premierships at Canterbury, was he?

Trent13

Juniors
Since when is a speeding fine a criminal conviction or gives you a criminal record?
Try a Traffic Infringement. Noone has been banned from getting a visa for a minor speeding fine.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
images

anybody who has this record is a criminal

your assuming we all have traffic offences...dont assume things :crazy:

I will go ahead & assume you have little or no education as it appears you are having substantial trouble understanding t-bas uncomplicated piece of written english.

Spike

First Grade
In NSW you're traffic history is separate from your criminal history. Anywhere you have received traffic infringement notice and paid the fine either to the IPB or taken the ticket to court and lost, it is not recorded on you're criminal history. Other more serious traffic related offences such as PCAs, negligent driving causing injury and the like would be recorded on you're criminal history if you're convicted at court. Generally if it's bad enough that you're required to attend court and you lose, then unless you receive a Section 10 (conviction proven, but not recorded) then it will appear on your criminal history.

t-ba

Post Whore
In NSW you're traffic history is separate from your criminal history. Anywhere you have received traffic infringement notice and paid the fine either to the IPB or taken the ticket to court and lost, it is not recorded on you're criminal history. Other more serious traffic related offences such as PCAs, negligent driving causing injury and the like would be recorded on you're criminal history if you're convicted at court. Generally if it's bad enough that you're required to attend court and you lose, then unless you receive a Section 10 (conviction proven, but not recorded) then it will appear on your criminal history.

Same in Queensland. I'll be f**ked if I can remember the sections though...I tried to say that but you've spelt it out better than I did.

Rainbow

Juniors
I have had a drivers licence for nearly 30 years and the only time I have been booked for speeding was on the highway at Kogarah (school zone). I was doing 49kmh!

Can I go to England?:)

Spike

First Grade
Same in Queensland. I'll be f**ked if I can remember the sections though...I tried to say that but you've spelt it out better than I did.

I don't know, the dyslexic mispelling of words and incorrect use of "you're" says otherwise

Latest posts