What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

Gronk

Staff member
He should be sacked but is Parra really in Crisis as the heading purports? Ozzy has done a lot of good for the fans but anyone that miss uses funds should be done away with.

This is our Craig Thomson affair without the hookers. Seriously what is it with politicians and their credit cards.

We've ended up in the papers yet again. It may not be a crisis, but it's certainly a big problem. Big enough for Duncan to bail.

I doubt that Mrs Osbourne is a signatory to the Club's Corporate Card. I call bullshit on that.

Also, there is this on going problem on tongues wagging about internal matters. Why can't they all shut the f**k up ?

Kornstar

Coach
We are not a club in crisis but surely even the strongest supporters of the board can't possibly think this is a good thing?

Osborne must go imo.......

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Four days later, mr spagnolo sent a confidential email to his fellow directors on the board.
''at his request, and using my own resources, i advanced paul monies not all of which have been repaid,'' he wrote.
''having reflected on the matter, and in the interest of probity,'' mr spagnolo said he would not deal ''with paul's future employment while paul is personally indebted to me''.

one has to ask how a confidential email fell into the hands of a SMH reporter

the situation itself is unfortunate but the fact that these keep leaking outside the boardroom means there are still rats in the nest

drago brelli

Bench
No, no way, Osborne would never do anything dishonest, after all he's a fine and outstanding member of the Hillsong church. The Hillsong church where they all believe that God wants everyone to be rich. Take one look at the bloke that heads up that place.

HevyDevy

Coach

the situation itself is unfortunate but the fact that these keep leaking outside the boardroom means there are still rats in the nest

Hmmmm ... I wonder who could be leaking this stuff ....

Gronk

Staff member

You mean factions. Yes there are factions. It way well be loyal Fitzy employees OR it could be a whistle blower who can see that the nuffies in charge of our millions are acting like it's theirs.

On the basis that Spags shafted virtually anyone who was linked to the old regime, I'm thinking a Don Chipp type person who is intent on "keeping the bastards honest".

Gronk

Staff member
Jealousy's a powerful motivator.

Wow you're as random with your insinuations as the reporter. Who is jealous of who ? The staff is jealous of Ozzie cos they have to sign the cheques for shit he's bought on the company amex ?

Care to share ?

Bigfella

Coach
I think most of the comments are pretty fair.

People using club resources as if they are their own must go, if that is what has happened.
Apart from the integrity issue, it will stop the club from being successf if people in key roles are just feathering their own nests.

And yes, if someone has leaked a confidential email they shouldn't remain on the board.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wow you're as random with your insinuations as the reporter. Who is jealous of who ? The staff is jealous of Ozzie cos they have to sign the cheques for shit he's bought on the company amex ?

Care to share ?

Why else would people spill half a story to the media? Someone on the inside (but not that far inside) has an axe to grind.

Why are the media involved but not the authorities?

Bigfella

Coach
I guess we only have part of the story, and the part that has been leaked by whoever has the agenda though. For that reason you probably need to take into account that the source of the story.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You mean factions. Yes there are factions. It way well be loyal Fitzy employees OR it could be a whistle blower who can see that the nuffies in charge of our millions are acting like it's theirs.

On the basis that Spags shafted virtually anyone who was linked to the old regime, I'm thinking a Don Chipp type person who is intent on "keeping the bastards honest".

a one person faction = rat

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've kept my opinions about the CEO in check up until now and let me just say, I'm so glad he's no longer got anything to do with player retention and recruitment..

time for a change at that level.

lingard

Coach
Hold on, his wife racked up $35k on the company card and he didn't know ? HmmOK.

Duncan no doubt thought that the joint was run by amateurs and we wanted no part of it. Mud sticks etc and he needs to be a cleanskin for Pirtek's sake, so he bailed.

Nothing story ? There is an ex-employee who was told to write a cheque for about that amount by Fitzy and he was fired by Spag & Co. Happy to be corrected here.

My wife`s always chalking up 30 thousand here, 40 thousand there; it`s hard to keep track of. But she`s cute so I don`t worry about it.

Latest posts