What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

Bigfella

Coach
Pou I hadn't seen your post when I wrote that but I think you are getting at the same thing.

There are some problems to be addressed their though.

lingard

Coach
I've kept my opinions about the CEO in check up until now and let me just say, I'm so glad he's no longer got anything to do with player retention and recruitment..

time for a change at that level.

So, the age-old question, Stagger - did Daniel Anderson have SOLE say in recruitment/retention (in particular - Mortimer, Mateo and Inu) or did Osborne play a significant part? Do you know?
I would dearly like to know, because it would influence my opinion of Daniel as a coach - particularly the persistence with Mortimer in first grade, not so much the other two players being released. Cheers.

Delboy

First Grade
Lingard, I am closer than sStagger and the answer is yes to DA having all say on recruitment and retention, with the aid of Rocket Reddy, the CEO was the person who did the sign up and announcement, essentially nothing has changed except there are no leaks from the club.

If there is a problem with the CEO, it is mainly to do with his previous employment as registration overseer for Player Manager licences. He was harsh on a quite a few of them, and they havent forgotten and like to try for payback.

lingard

Coach
Why else would people spill half a story to the media? Someone on the inside (but not that far inside) has an axe to grind.

Why are the media involved but not the authorities?

In this day and age the media present themselves as the authorities. It also seems that quite often if someone wants some action taken but either doesn`t have quite enough proof or is just too scared to go to the police, they`ll 'inadvertently' leak something to the media, knowing that that might set the ball rolling for an investigation. The media can be used very efectively in this way `cause they`re always up for a crusade.

lingard

Coach
Lingard, I am closer than sStagger and the answer is yes to DA having all say on recruitment and retention, with the aid of Rocket Reddy, the CEO was the person who did the sign up and announcement, essentially nothing has changed except there are no leaks from the club.

If there is a problem with the CEO, it is mainly to do with his previous employment as registration overseer for Player Manager licences. He was harsh on a quite a few of them, and they havent forgotten and like to try for payback.

Thanks, Delboy. So you`re saying that Mortimer`s continued selection in first grade last year was entirely Daniel Anderson`s decision? The reason I ask is this: we all debate whether Daniel Anderson should have been let go or not; whether he was unfairly treated; whether he was indeed a good coach; and then as an extension of that, we now compare Stephen Kearney`s situation and we say, 'well, if Kearney doesn`t perform in his second year he should be sacked just like Ando was', etc. But for me, Anderson`s rating as a coach during his stay at Parra revolves very much around the Mortimer selection in 2010 - and to a lesser extent his continued selection of Robson and Kris Keating in the side. Mainly Mortimer, though, because he was simply out of his depth in 2010 and sticking with him just demoralised that team - and may well have ruined Mortimer`s career.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou I hadn't seen your post when I wrote that but I think you are getting at the same thing.

There are some problems to be addressed their though.

I agree. Allegations of dodginess seem to follow Osborne and you have to ask why. I see three possibilities:
  1. Someone with media influence (even a journalist) is out to get him
  2. He's an administrative f**kfight and therefore an easy target
  3. He actually is dodgy
If it's 1, then it could be a sign that he's doing a good job - success breeds jealousy - but it could also just mean that he's a prick who rubs people the wrong way, which doesn't seem to be the case to me. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

But if it's 2 or 3 then he has to go for the good of the club. Simple as that.

The fact that the majority of the board are sticking by him at the expense of other board members indicates that it's not 2 or 3. But if that's the case, what action is being taken against this media organisation and its journalists?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thanks, Delboy. So you`re saying that Mortimer`s continued selection in first grade last year was entirely Daniel Anderson`s decision?

I can't see why it wouldn't be. Coaches want to win games more than anybody, and I can't see a bloke with enough balls to get a job coaching in the NRL picking a player he didn't want, just because he was told to pick him.

Even Kearney stuck with Morts for half a season, so you know alternate options were limited.

Delboy

First Grade
I think from what I heard wass that DA really believed he could make an NRL half out of Morts, and to be fair Morts worked hard to become that, but unfortunatley it did not come off

SK, perservered as there was nothing really beneath NRL to fill the gap, I understand he was frustrated until there was no option but to look at alternatives. The last game of the season saw Burt play in the halves in attack and wing in defence as a measure. Major issue was the DA did not do any real work under NRL and the recruitment officer was underwhelming

bartman

Immortal
Let it go guys the war is over. Fitzy the dope is gone and so is Ando who ripped apart our team.

The king is dead... long live the king? Ossie - the new Fitzy, with just as much Board protection?

:crazy:

Let it go guys the war is over. Fitzy the dope is gone and so is Ando who ripped apart our team.
Really? How about some heat on the Board for not having an effective succession plan to handle recruitment while they decided to get rid of the existing coach?

Oh, I forgot... in the eyes of some the post-Fitzy regimes at the club can still do no wrong... :lol:

Gronk

Staff member

Before the election you were the Tony Abbott of these Boards, bitching about anything and everything regarding the administration.

Why are the new mob not entitled to the same scrutiny ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why are the new mob not entitled to the same scrutiny ?

Because they haven't had decades in charge to show us how shit they are.

Just as you can't judge a coach in his first season at a club, I don't think you can judge a board until they've been in power for about 5 years. There's too much long-term stuff that shitbag fans like us won't see this early on in the piece.

born an eel

Bench
at least we know the board have a phone number of a private investigator that can be called to sort this all out.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
It's because:-

• we have some pelican who keeps taking to the press, and
  • the press love to call anything remotely controversial a "crisis"

My views are and comments;
  • He needs to fall on his sword, cannot believe his wife would just go off and spend $35k on his business credit card- (pin number or signature!!!)
  • Credit card statements are received monthly- did he just ignore the transactions???
  • Spagnolo very silly in lending him money given his past
  • Why is a CEO driving a car provided by a sponsor
  • He stated he was confident he had "cleared his debts to club", he should know 100%!
  • How do you purchase a $920k and $1.9m properties within 2 years on $270k a year salary with a wife and 9 children?