What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla resigned to losing Kade Snowden to Newcastle Knights with Nathan Tinkler tak

The Roosters tried to back door a deal with Bird in 09 via Newtown but it was knocked on the head by the NRL.

You could argue a case for the Seymour incident, but then there are legal dilemmas as to restraint of trade.

FTR I wouldn't want Carney. He is a grub of the highest order and would be a very bad influence.

You throw up lines like that all day Windy but what would you say if the Sharks signed Metcalf?

Footy players don't have to be role models for kids. But really, how hard is it to be a f**king human being?

FFS.

carcharias

Immortal
how hard is it to be a f**king human being?
it is unreal hey?
how much do these blokes drink?
I consider myself (in my day_ a pretty big binger ......
however
never did i get my c**k out
punch out a woman
sh*t anywhere but a dunny or an emergency secluded spot
punch on with the fuzz
etc etc etc

f**kin hell none of my mates have been arrested for being drunken maniac's.
one was arrested but got off......and so he bloody should have!

is it the muscles that make them crazy ?

Ausguy

Coach
it is unreal hey?
how much do these blokes drink?
I consider myself (in my day_ a pretty big binger ......
however
never did i get my c**k out
punch out a woman
sh*t anywhere but a dunny or an emergency secluded spot
punch on with the fuzz
etc etc etc

f**kin hell none of my mates have been arrested for being drunken maniac's.
one was arrested but got off......and so he bloody should have!

is it the muscles that make them crazy ?

hahah @ carch...:lol:

Windy70

Juniors
Can only recall me using comments like " don't care who it is, we need results" a few times, but seriously after this long being a fan I mean it. The fact is some rugby league players are gonna be a little bit brain dead when it comes to off field behaviour. Most have grown up playing footy and partying in close knit communities.

I am a big drinker and have never been arrested for anything more than drinking in a public place (walkin home with a stubbie in me hand).

League players are rarely non drinking, book worms that love the ballet. That is not how they fall into the game. Sometimes these guys can't handle the pi$$ and are idiots on it. But it doesn't make them evil and it doesn't make them sh$t players.

We seem to need a good, dynamic half that knows the game and can be a game breaker.
He can. but We won't get him anyway so it's a non issue.

Metcalf is a different story. He is actually below human for what he admitted to, was convicted of and went to prison for.. Drunkin stupidity is different to simply being a low life coward merkin.

Squae

Juniors
The ball is in Cronulla's court to go and sign a replacement. It is clear that he is gone and it is hard to blame him comparing the situations at the 2 clubs.

We desperately need a strong, organising 7 to steer this team around the park. If we had Cronk in our side we would be 4 from 6 minimum instead of 2 from 6. Composure, organisation and a kicking game are what we lack right now and this should be the focus for recruitment.

If we lose Snowy, then we can find another prop from Cordoba, Vave, Mannah and Clayton but our lack of halves is costing us games.

Agreed. Still think they need to sign in Douggie, and also Mannah though

Can only recall me using comments like " don't care who it is, we need results" a few times, but seriously after this long being a fan I mean it. The fact is some rugby league players are gonna be a little bit brain dead when it comes to off field behaviour. Most have grown up playing footy and partying in close knit communities.

I am a big drinker and have never been arrested for anything more than drinking in a public place (walkin home with a stubbie in me hand).

League players are rarely non drinking, book worms that love the ballet. That is not how they fall into the game. Sometimes these guys can't handle the pi$$ and are idiots on it. But it doesn't make them evil and it doesn't make them sh$t players.

We seem to need a good, dynamic half that knows the game and can be a game breaker.
He can. but We won't get him anyway so it's a non issue.

Metcalf is a different story. He is actually below human for what he admitted to, was convicted of and went to prison for.. Drunkin stupidity is different to simply being a low life coward merkin.

You said you'd sign a serial killer *shrug* If you meant it as a figure of speech its hard for me to interpret where you'd draw the line.

And Carney isn't your Seymour scenario. Apples ain't apples there.

If Bennett has said Snowden won't be going to Newcastle he won't be.

The only risk now is another Club will come into the picture now.

The Clubs who were chasing the pommy forward and missed out will be looking for their next target.

Who were the Clubs interested?

Apparently Penrith and Tigers for starters.

Feej

First Grade
dont get a woody yet. Snowy can still sign for $299.999 & get his family full employment.
I agree with you reefy. First step is to say he won't pay the big bucks, then Kade takes the "lower offer" for the opportunity to play under Bennett. The "other payments" make up the difference.

Since 73

First Grade
Yep.

Snowie's girlfriend gets a job in Tinklers office photcopying for 2 hours a week on $200 000 a year and it's none of Gallop's business.

Quigs

Immortal
Arhhh good luck to the Johnny come lately rorters. Me, I wish it was us in that position.

Crikey we all know the main offenders have been getting away with it for years. So whats the point whinging about the likes of Newie and the Tits just because they have a snap at it.

Our mob wouldn't even know where to start to rort the system. They are like the 16 year old virgin guy that has save up his pocket money to buy his first root. The only problem is he doesn't know where the whorehouse is or has the courage to open the front farkin' door.

Quigs

Immortal
I mean to say, just a quick refresh.

The Storm get busted........ and only because of a whistle blower. Sh!t hits the fan and it will never be allowed to happen again. Mr Gallop and the NRL say so just as the ink is drying on Spaz's new contract signed for a pie and $2.67 in the first year.

So you dont have to be a confirmed Da Soup style complete and utter farkwit to understand that the whole system is rigged and money doesn't talk it swears.

Unfortunately we ain't go the dough.

So bend over and make sure you pass the vasso jar as soon as you hear the approaching footsteps.

I mean to say, just a quick refresh.

The Storm get busted........ and only because of a whistle blower. Sh!t hits the fan and it will never be allowed to happen again. Mr Gallop and the NRL say so just as the ink is drying on Spaz's new contract signed for a pie and $2.67 in the first year.

So you dont have to be a confirmed Da Soup style complete and utter farkwit to understand that the whole system is rigged and money doesn't talk it swears.

Unfortunately we ain't go the dough.

So bend over and make sure you pass the vasso jar as soon as you hear the approaching footsteps.

:lol:

Well said Quigs!