What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla resigned to losing Kade Snowden to Newcastle Knights with Nathan Tinkler tak

Weaponhead

Coach
Thanks for your input Kmav. Your concern is touching.

Keep sticking pins into your Sharks voodoo doll. It is working

BrisVegas

Juniors
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ng-out-on-sharks/story-e6frep5x-1226051753984

Snowden to announce he's walking out on Sharks

CRONULLA'S Test prop Kade Snowden is poised to finally end speculation over his future this week by agreeing to a four-year deal with the Newcastle Knights.

Snowden will turn his back on a rumoured $400,000 a season offer from the Sharks to accept a much less lucrative deal with the Knights.

It's understood his desire to return to his home town and the lure of playing under incoming coach Wayne Bennett are the reasons behind his decision.

Knights officials are saying nothing about the deal as Snowden is yet to sign a contract.

But sources have told The Sunday Telegraph Knights owner Nathan Tinkler is about to get his man. It was Tinkler who talked Snowden out of re-signing with the Sharks several weeks ago, only hours before he was set to front a press conference to settle his future.

Since then, there has been a question mark over whether Tinkler would be able to make good on his pledge to bring Snowden home because of the club's precarious salary cap position.

The doubt only intensified when Bennett was named as coach because of his edict of not paying front-rowers more than $300,000 a season.

But it is clear a resolution has been reached - and he may not be the only former Knight set to re-join the club in 2012.

In a surprise move, the club is also in talks with former captain Danny Buderus, currently in England and signed to Leeds until the end of 2012, to bring him back home for a swansong season.

It is understood Bennett is behind the Buderus move, believing his leadership qualities both on and off the field would be a huge asset to the club in his first season at the helm.

If his return is to eventuate, Buderus would first need to negotiate a release from Leeds.

ratsack2

Juniors
Of course Tinkler was going to get him, no matter how much or little Bennett wanted to pay Kade, Tinkler would just top up the payments to his parents, it was just a ploy to knock off $100k off of the salary cap value.

whoever Tinkler wants Tinkler will get, he has the cash to organize legit 3rd party payments to anyone, and he has the cash to buy anyone

Like most here I was very disappointed when I first heard there was a big chance of him going.

But now I am so over this issue.

He's a prop.

That's it.

Not a game breaking half that is hard to replace.

We just have to look at the next tough prop we can get our hands on and get them to do a job for the team.

Rip and tear up the middle for 40 to 50 minutes of a game.

No wonder Bennett says he wouldn't pay more than $300,000 for one.

Especially the way the game is played today.

Just look at the storm.

Hardly intimidating props but they do a job. Then they have the big three running a clever attacking style which has their team firmly placed at the top of the ladder.

Ausguy

Coach
Bye kade

Thanks for the bullshit.

And before anyone says oh you'd sign for the money too! Well apparently it's not about money it so they say. So all that loyalty bullshit is coming back to bite him.

Right now who do we promote. The season is over let's drop him and build for the future.

Like most here I was very disappointed when I first heard there was a big chance of him going.

But now I am so over this issue.

He's a prop.

That's it.

Not a game breaking half that is hard to replace.

We just have to look at the next tough prop we can get our hands on and get them to do a job for the team.

Rip and tear up the middle for 40 to 50 minutes of a game.

No wonder Bennett says he wouldn't pay more than $300,000 for one.

Especially the way the game is played today.

Just look at the storm.

Hardly intimidating props but they do a job. Then they have the big three running a clever attacking style which has their team firmly placed at the top of the ladder.

In relative terms do you think that Bennett was paying Webcke unders? Lazarus? Civo? Please. Bennett had $300k+ props before and will continue to do so.

Frenzy.

Immortal
It's always about money.

Even when it is seemingly about loyalty it's still about money. Loyalty can be bought.

In relative terms do you think that Bennett was paying Webcke unders? Lazarus? Civo? Please. Bennett had $300k+ props before and will continue to do so.

I'm not denying that the players you named didn't earn additional income whilst up in a one team town like Brisbane. There's lots of opportunities.

But the Bronco's certainly didn't have huge amounts of their salary cap locked into individual props.

Bennett values them but not that highly in monetary terms as other Clubs do.

Ausguy

Coach
My point exactly.

And to be honest he doesn't look like the smartest bloke.

So people will be advising him to take the trip home get away from us we are a lost cause.

Now it's time for the club to come out and stop bullshitting the fans

What's the situation at the club? Who are we re signing? What are our new signings if any to replace our losses?

Come out and make a statement to get some fans onside cos right now they are a bunch of faceless cowards.

Latest posts