What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross is a Toss

gregstar

Referee
drake said:
3 matches for an eye gouge. How ridiculous.

"It's not his go."
bullsh*t, if wasn't "his go" he wouldn't have done it.
f*cking oath! but when stuart, gould, kent, farrah fawcett & pope bennedict say it's not his go, papa finch will see to it that all is calm.

woodgers

Bench
If that only gets 3 weeks it will be a disgrace to the game and League will be laughed at by the other codes. That was a blatent eye gouge with intent, he should be lucky if he sees footy again in 2005. If a Raiders player did that I would be saying the same thing because this type of dog act has no place in our game. What needs to happen before action is taken, someone losing sight in an eye or something? Wake up Rooster fans it doesn't matter whether he is a dirty player or not, this is a very serious incident.

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
f*cking oath! but when stuart, gould, kent, farrah fawcett & pope bennedict say it's not his go, papa finch will see to it that all is calm.

i agree.
I hate anyone that says "its not his go, its not in his nature blah blah blah"....take responsibility for your F'n actions!
Cross deserves 6 weeks for that. Just because there was no damage doesnt mean he gets off light. Just because you dont break a players jaw with a high tackle, doesnt mean a high tackle isnt as bad

Tommy Smith said:
Nothing in the tackle?...except that he cracked him around the head. Cayless had to go off...it was as much of a dive as Trent Barretts when he was smashed a couple of weeks back against the Warriors which resulted in Kemp coming out after the match and accusing Trent of lying down. There's lying down and there's getting blatantly hit across the head!

Ive never seen such an absuve set of fans after a loss following about 7 straight wins. So you lost one, get over it....don't whinge...

Try being next to the tunnel at penrith stadium, there was about 50 fans swearing abuse at the players and some even saying they deserved to die.

Was absolutely pathetic I've been disappointed in my team this year and never came close to booing them even when severley upset and pissed off.

Those fans ought to be ashamed of themselves.

mickdo

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
i agree.
I hate anyone that says "its not his go, its not in his nature blah blah blah"....take responsibility for your F'n actions!
Cross deserves 6 weeks for that. Just because there was no damage doesnt mean he gets off light. Just because you dont break a players jaw with a high tackle, doesnt mean a high tackle isnt as bad
Spot on. Just because he didn't manage to rip his eyeball out doesn't mean he wasn't trying to. Unfortunately we all know Uncle Ricky will get him off, or very close to it.

Misty Bee said:
1) Morrison claiming the eye gouge to the ref, who just told him to shut up and get on with playing the ball.

YOUR RIGHT THE VIDEO REFEREE SHOULD BE SACKED FOR THIS, ARENT THEY THERE TO REPORT FOUL PLAY?

f**kEN PATHETIC!!!!

Dirk Shark said:
I wathched the game @ 1 in the morning and saw the incident once! Never replayed after that. I was tired but if the played it and talked about it more than that then I stand corrected.

Unfortunately fox when they do replays and even to an extent during the games are sh*thouse when it comes to replays, very annoying when something doesnt look right that you want to see again.....

Try's normally get 1 - 2 quick replays as well and thats it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ozzwald said:
I haven't seen the incident yet, but if it's as blatent & nasty as everyone is suggesting, then he should be treated in a similar fashion to Steve Linnane was in 1986 when he got 15 months for the same offence.

Linane was given 20 weeks, not 15 months.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Cross is a toss pot, everytime he got tackled on friday he lashed out and had a whinge at someone.

Top grade dickhead

Mr Saab

Referee
Hindyscrack said:
Cross is a toss pot, everytime he got tackled on friday he lashed out and had a whinge at someone.

Top grade dickhead

what about when Cross scored and whinged because Vella came in late. Cross complained and Vella gave him the middle finger!

The Brain

Juniors
The fact is Morrison is a dog he is a bit of a dirty player and opposition players target or get revenge on him.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Brain said:
The fact is Morrison is a dog he is a bit of a dirty player and opposition players target or get revenge on him.

that might be the case, but you do not get revenge by putting your fingers in a players eye. Cross is a cat

gregstar

Referee
The Brain said:

keep digging dopey - make sure that hole is nice & deep before lying down.

melon....

Coach
Juyst look at 10 photo stills every round from teh NRL and you see players getting "Eye Gouged" in tackles. The still looks damning...the real-time replay looks like a half cocked grapple that lasted 1 second and unlike Boyd, Cross did not rake the eye.
And if Parra fsail to lodge a complaint, Cross will be charged with a grapple tackle, nothing more, and fair enough too.

gregstar

Referee
melon.... said:
Juyst look at 10 photo stills every round from teh NRL and you see players getting "Eye Gouged" in tackles. The still looks damning...the real-time replay looks like a half cocked grapple that lasted 1 second and unlike Boyd, Cross did not rake the eye.
And if Parra fsail to lodge a complaint, Cross will be charged with a grapple tackle, nothing more, and fair enough too.
you're kidding melon!
whether the footage is slow or normal you can't disguise fingers in the eyes.
his fingers were bent right above the eye & his hand didn't start at any other part of morrison's face. why else did morrison spring to his feet & make the accusation? the fact that parra may not formally complain does not mean cross isn't guilty.

whether or not morrison is a knob or deserved it is beside the point.

Mr Saab

Referee
Melon...you are a goose. Do you know the rules?
Cross did not perform a grapple tackle. If he is not charged with a gouge it will be "attacking the face of a player"

rooster69

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Dunley has a dribbling problem and Cross was just cleaning under his finger nails, using Morrison's eye ball.

no no ...Cross was just trying to clear some debris from his eye....apparently Cross has a conditon called stickler for cleanliness deficiency syndrome ( SFCDS )......which he will use with the help of 3 expert doctors & psychologists in his defense....he will get off accordingly.