What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross is a Toss

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Dirk Shark said:
A low act from Cross. To me what makes it worse is that it was a pre meditated act to continue on with an earlier incident with Morris. A true man would retaliate with a hard hit up or legal tackle, not eye gouge when a player has there arms pinned in a tackle.

I will no speculate on the length of his punishment, but watch with interest in the way the Roosters handle the situation and the NRL.

Channel 9 made nothing of the incident, no replay or comentry. Any other team or player I wonder.

You are either blind or incredibly stupid. I will go with the latter having read a number of your posts. They replayed it twice and Ray Warren mentioned the incident a number of times during and after the match.

Ozzwald

Juniors
Ok....I just saw the cross eye gouge for the first time. (Sorry, I live in Texas, USA & footage isn't readily available here) I had a still photo & also the video footage to look at.

Ryan Cross should be outed from the game for a long, long, long time. If he plays again this year (including post season) then the NRL is an absolute joke. That was one of the most blatent eye gouges you could see. His fingertips were DIGGING into Morrisons eye. It's not like Cross' fingers were laying aross his eye socket or even the pads of his fingers were being pushed into the eye. It was a blatent digging action to the eye of Morrison with three of Cross' fingers......while Cross was looking at what he was doing the whole time no less. That was the most blatent attempt to injure the eyes I have ever seen (no wait, there was one by a South African rugby player that was worse). At any rate, Cross should not see another football for AT LEAST the rest of 2005 & probably a nice chunk of the beginning of season 2006 for mine.

To those of you suggesting that Cross' cowardice is somehow less of a crime because it was performed on a "serial offender" such as Glenn Morrison, f***in' wake up to yourselves. The victim is absolutely & unequivocally irrelevant. No player deserves to have that done to them on a sporting field. I am not at all trying to excuse the past behaviour of Morrison but his past or future actions for that matter have ZERO to do with the heinous act that Cross took it upon himself to commit on Friday night.

Cross needs to go & go for a long, long time. I can't wait to see how the NRL handles this matter. If he doesn't go, & for length, the game & the judiciary system in particular is in dire straits.

mickdo

Coach
Ozzwald said:
Ok....I just saw the cross eye gouge for the first time. (Sorry, I live in Texas, USA & footage isn't readily available here) I had a still photo & also the video footage to look at.

Ryan Cross should be outed from the game for a long, long, long time. If he plays again this year (including post season) then the NRL is an absolute joke. That was one of the most blatent eye gouges you could see. His fingertips were DIGGING into Morrisons eye. It's not like Cross' fingers were laying aross his eye socket or even the pads of his fingers were being pushed into the eye. It was a blatent digging action to the eye of Morrison with three of Cross' fingers......while Cross was looking at what he was doing the whole time no less. That was the most blatent attempt to injure the eyes I have ever seen (no wait, there was one by a South African rugby player that was worse). At any rate, Cross should not see another football for AT LEAST the rest of 2005 & probably a nice chunk of the beginning of season 2006 for mine.

To those of you suggesting that Cross' cowardice is somehow less of a crime because it was performed on a "serial offender" such as Glenn Morrison, f***in' wake up to yourselves. The victim is absolutely & unequivocally irrelevant. No player deserves to have that done to them on a sporting field. I am not at all trying to excuse the past behaviour of Morrison but his past or future actions for that matter have ZERO to do with the heinous act that Cross took it upon himself to commit on Friday night.

Cross needs to go & go for a long, long time. I can't wait to see how the NRL handles this matter. If he doesn't go, & for length, the game & the judiciary system in particular is in dire straits.
Couldn't agree more. Good to hear it from a fan of neither Parra or the Rorters. My only disagreement with you would be your last paragraph. The judiciary system has already been in dire straits for a long time.

El Diablo

Post Whore
My bet is they give Cross a week. Two weeks tops.

That happens and it will be another black eye for RL.

Misty Bee

First Grade
How anyone could atackMorrison and defend Cross because Cross eye gouged Morrison is utterly rediculous. SOme people need to have a long, hard look at themselves.

Anyone who condones eye gouging shuold have no part on a Rugby League forum.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Cockadoodledoo said:
You are either blind or incredibly stupid. I will go with the latter having read a number of your posts. They replayed it twice and Ray Warren mentioned the incident a number of times during and after the match.
I am a league player never claimed to be smart :D

ozzie

Bench
Alex28 said:
Cross - dirty prick. gouging is the lowest of all acts. deserves 8-10 weeks, probably get 2-3 weeks.
Morrison - there was nothing in that tackle.
Cayless - stayed down to get the penalty. pretty typical of the way the Roosters play...

Could you then explain why he was still sick for two hours after the game and didn't attend the after match celebration, why he was diagonosed he had concussion??. Can you also explain why Cayless who has never taken a dive did this time - we had you beat anyway at the time - It was just two points - you didn't score again . Parra fans suck eggs as far as I am concerned (ring 1800helpuswelost) for confidential counselling. How good was Smith's comments after the game - showed his true colours...bloody plain hope he cops a fine

scottyeel

Bench
ozzie said:
Could you then explain why he was still sick for two hours after the game and didn't attend the after match celebration, why he was diagonosed he had concussion??. Can you also explain why Cayless who has never taken a dive did this time - we had you beat anyway at the time - It was just two points - you didn't score again . Parra fans suck eggs as far as I am concerned (ring 1800helpuswelost) for confidential counselling. How good was Smith's comments after the game - showed his true colours...bloody plain hope he cops a fine
You still got that on speed dial from last years grand final.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Lego_Man said:
Eye-gouging is right up there with squirrel gripping and anal probing as the lowest act in the game.

In some respects it is even worse....taking away a man's eyesight in my opinion is worse than taking away his fertility or anal virginity.

Oh, you mean like this?

PetoRoosters2.jpg

Ghoulies

Bench
Well it looks like Quentin has the media onside....
Charges loom from spiteful night
By Dean Ritchie
June 27, 2005

THE NRL's match review committee could today hand out as many as five charges from Friday night's spiteful match between the Sydney Roosters and Parramatta,

including a gouging charge against NSW aspirant Ryan Cross.

The aftermath of the controversial encounter is set to keep boiling today with the match review committee to study five incidents from the game including the Cross eye-gouge incident on Parramatta's Glenn Morrison.

Sources have told The Daily Telegraph that Cross is almost certain to be charged with contrary conduct with video footage clearly showing Cross's hand in Morrison's face.

The charge will be mid-range and he faces a suspension of about three matches.
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15739253-23214,00.html

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
3 matches?! That's an absolute joke. Should be no less than 12! What he did was ALOT worse than what Hopoate did to Galloway as far as I'm concerned. Morrison should have taken some acting lessons from Jason Cayless and stayed down so we at least got the penalty and he'd have been sin binned/sent off. Typical f**king Roosters, they're a protected species.

If it is only 3 matches, they'll still fight it to get it downgraded to 2 or 1. The judiciary should make an example of Cross and rub him out for the rest of the year. He had his fingers curled and in the eyes of Morrison (who is no angel himself I'll admit) and it was after the two had been at eachother just a few minutes earlier, you don't need anymore proof than that.

gregstar

Referee
oh well 3 matches for gouging is what i expected. kid gloves for precious little darlings such as cryan is normal.

the best punishment is the sperm receptacle knowing that he will never play origin because he is play-dough in defence & selectors are fed up with his bitchy little whingy efforts.

suck sh*t you blonde ferret!

drake

First Grade
3 matches for an eye gouge. How ridiculous.

"It's not his go."
bullsh*t, if wasn't "his go" he wouldn't have done it.

Latest posts