What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last one was closed due to reaching 3,000 posts (automatic closing amount for any thread in the forum).

NRL Results and crowds throughout the season available HERE.

NRL up to R11: Season aggregate: 1,375,414; Season average: 16,980

Round 12 so far, thanks to Rugby League Project: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2011/results.html

Fri Dbl Hdr: 32,283 (Suncorp, MAN v BNE and CBY v GLD)
Sat 5:30pm: 18,723 (Ausgrid, NEW v PAR)
Sat 7:30pm: 13,335 (DFS, NQL v SYD)
Sun 2:00pm: 9,733 (AAMI, MEL v CRO)
Sun 3:00pm: 19,892 (WIN Jubilee, SGI v WST)

Total 93,966, Average so far 18,793 (counting DH once. One game to play)

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
Last one was closed due to reaching 3,000 posts (automatic closing amount for any thread in the forum).

Round 12 so far, thanks to Rugby League Project: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2011/results.html

I think you will find the double headers officially get counted as two games. Therefore the average for the weekend so far should read 15,661.

The weather here in Sydney today is miserable, so I don't expect a big crowd for tonights game at Penrith. Maybe lucky to break 6,000.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
It is a shame about the rain, not much undercover seating at Penrith.

They have free buses to the game from as far as the Central Coast tonight.

$20 for 4 Pies, 4 Hot Chips and 4 Drinks too.

Promotion has been good but the rain will put an end to any chance of a half decent crowd.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Can we count the double header as two games please...

I dont really care what another site is doing - two games have been played...

user_nat

Coach
Agreed. Double header should be counted as two games. Since you know.. two games were played.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Sounds like a great promo from the Panthers, shame about the weather.
Was a fairly significant downpour this moring at 6am in the Sutherland Shire - driving to Wetherill Park it didn't ease up much and been consistent all day!

Tonight doesn't appear to hold much hope of a decent crowd.

Paullyboy

Coach
If you are counting the crowd for a double header twice, you're really only kidding yourselves.

Timmah

Staff member
Neither Manly or Canterbury will have it represented in their home crowd averages, they'll show that each side played 11 home games (that's how NRL stats have done it in past years)

Raiderdave

First Grade

its not 18,793
theres been 6 gamed in this round to date .... not 5:shock:
the average for the rnd is 15,661 :?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Another poor crowd at Melbourne. I'm really struggling to understand why their crowds are so much poorer in the new stadium. I thought it would be the catalyst they needed.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Another poor crowd at Melbourne. I'm really struggling to understand why their crowds are so much poorer in the new stadium. I thought it would be the catalyst they needed.

ummm

they're not poorer
they attract the same as they did for average games as Olympic Park
& they attract more
a lot more .. to their big marque games ... so it was the catalyst the needed:?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Neither Manly or Canterbury will have it represented in their home crowd averages, they'll show that each side played 11 home games (that's how NRL stats have done it in past years)

Fine, but that doesnt really address the question of whether it gets counted as two games or not in the overall average :?

Paullyboy

Coach
I've got a couple of Victorian mates (yeah, yeah, I know - I'm not proud of it!) and they've given me the impression that whilst they never had a great connection with the Storm, that they are just cheaters.

I fear the salary cap rorting thing may have permanently tainted that club with a lot of fence-sitters down there, and let's be honest, they are the ones they really need.

Timmah

Staff member
I couldn't care less, I've added it up how I wanted to. There's no fair or equitable way to split the crowds between Manly and Canterbury, and fans didn't have to purchase two separate tickets.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I couldn't care less, I've added it up how I wanted to. There's no fair or equitable way to split the crowds between Manly and Canterbury, and fans didn't have to purchase two separate tickets.

Gawd stuff me:?
no fair & equitable way:sarcasm:

so the alternative is to say it was one game .. when it was two

tisk tisk tisk :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts