What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
smallest crowd of the decade more like?

The smallest crowd ever. If they give a crowd any bigger then 4,000 then someone is telling a porky pie.

The smallest crowd in the past 5 years was 4,202 when the Sharks played the Warriors back in 2007

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
It is a shame about the rain, not much undercover seating at Penrith.

They have free buses to the game from as far as the Central Coast tonight.

$20 for 4 Pies, 4 Hot Chips and 4 Drinks too.

Promotion has been good but the rain will put an end to any chance of a half decent crowd.

Hot Chips..what are they.

beave

Coach
and kudos to you Spitty, it's too easy for fans to sit at home and watch it on the box and take the soft option. It's sitting through shit like that, that when your teams wins a GF you look back and think of all the times like tonight and it makes it even sweeter.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 12 :: May 27 - 30
Friday 27 May (Double Header)
Sea Eagles 34 def Broncos 10 @ Suncorp Stadium, 7:00pm CH9
Bulldogs 28 def Titans 6 @ Suncorp Stadium, 8:45pm CH9 - 32,283 (Double Header Crowd)
Saturday 28 May
Knights 8 def Eels 6 @ Ausgrid Stadium, 5:30pm FOX Sports - 18,723
Cowboys 20 def Roosters 6 @ Dairy Farmers Stadium, 7:30pm FOX Sports - 13,335
Sunday 29 May
Storm 14 def Sharks 8 @ AAMI Park, 2:00pm FOX Sports - 9,733
Dragons 24 def Tigers 18 @ WIN Jubilee Oval, 3:00pm CH9 - 19,892
Monday 30 May
Panthers vs. Rabbitohs @ Centrebet Stadium Penrith, 7:00pm FOX Sports - 5,703
BYES: Canberra Raiders, Warriors
Crowd aggregate R12: 99,669; Crowd average R11: 14,238
Season aggregate: 1,475,083; Season average: 16,762

franklin2323

Immortal
what kind of weirdo would go to the football in this kind of weather?
I went. I get upset when I miss games especially at home. Every Monday night seems to rain. Potentially it was the 1st big crowd game for Penrith in 2011 (penrith's form improving, South 20k members). Newcastle, sharks, Canberra, Storm, Brisbane. Next game Cowboys again don't bring many supporters with them.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I went. I get upset when I miss games especially at home. Every Monday night seems to rain. Potentially it was the 1st big crowd game for Penrith in 2011 (penrith's form improving, South 20k members). Newcastle, sharks, Canberra, Storm, Brisbane. Next game Cowboys again don't bring many supporters with them.

Since when do NRL fans travel to away games?

MsStorm

Bench
I bet its fine and sunny in Sydney on Tuesday.

Whoever went to the game deserves a half-priced membership next year.

Goddo

Bench
5 worst crowds so far this year:

5,703 - Penrith vs South Sydney - CUA Stadium
6,148 - Manly vs Canberra - Brookvale Oval
7,340 - Cronulla vs North Queensland - Toyota Stadium
8,616 - Sydney vs Brisbane - Bluetongue Stadium
8,680 - Manly vs New Zealand - Brookvale Oval

The comp is running at two speeds big time. Top 10 teams crowd-wise are carrying the rest.

Manly, Penrith and Cronulla crowds are appalling. 10-12k averages for Sydney teams just ain't good enough.

Melbourne, North Queensland and Canberra are forgiveable at 12.5-13.5k averages, being expansion sides or smaller markets.

Last edited:

duylm

Juniors

I'm pretty sure the Manly-Canberra game, and the Bluetongue game were also the result of appalling weather conditions. I can't remember the others.

What grounds have enough covered seating for a significant amount of the stadium capacity, say 50%+?

I was at the game last night, and there was still room in the grandstand for maybe a couple thousand more. The panthers cowboys game last year was in rain with 7k and actually there were still covered seats availible then too. I've been at an A-League game at bluetongue on a soaking wet day, and the covered areas were at full capacity + a few groups of die-hards and it was a crowd of just over 7k.

Frailty

First Grade
5 worst crowds so far this year:

The comp is running at two speeds big time. Top 10 teams crowd-wise are carrying the rest.

Manly, Penrith and Cronulla crowds are appalling. 10-12k averages for Sydney teams just ain't good enough.

Melbourne, North Queensland and Canberra are forgiveable at 12.5-13.5k averages, being expansion sides or smaller markets.

Umm... What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts