What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
Round 13 crowds for 2007-2010

2010 8 games 78,053
2009 7 games 112,808
2008 8 games 98,856
2007 6 games 52,744

BunniesMan

Immortal
I hope they keep their 9 teams. They will never be the national code with most teams in Melbourne.
They have 9 out of 17 teams (soon to be out of 18) in Melbourne. We have 9.5 out of 16 in Sydney and 11 out of 16 in NSW/ACT.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Talking about the games today or in general for this time of year? Winter. Pretty sure crowds tend to dip around June/July, particularly in Sydney.

Billythekid

First Grade
AFL has teams in 5 states and plays season matches in every state and territory. It is not an international game, but it has clubs and support in many areas the NRL is yet to reach nationally.

The NRL also has a team in Newcastle, Canberra and NQ that the AFL don't have. In the near future we are going to have a Perth team and potentially a CC team.

That gives us a better spread of teams than the AFL even if you exclude the fact that we have a presence in NZ.

babyg

Juniors
Titans ticket prces and marketing coming back to bite them. Wait for the struggle st articles on them in the coming weeks

blukablu

Juniors
The NRL also has a team in Newcastle, Canberra and NQ that the AFL don't have. In the near future we are going to have a Perth team and potentially a CC team.

Newcastle, Canberra, CC and NQ doesn't mean f**k all to TV broadcasters or sponsors (e.g the two biggest revenue sources in the game).

beave

Coach
yeah because the 1.5 million or so people who live in these areas don't buy shit or watch TV...............

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Newcastle, Canberra, CC and NQ doesn't mean f**k all to TV broadcasters or sponsors (e.g the two biggest revenue sources in the game).

So you honestly believe that Newcastle, Canberra, NQ and the CC mean nothing to tv broadcasters?

Even if you're one of the morons who think regional ratings don't count you absolutely can't dsiscount the large amount of foxtel subscriptions in these areas.

Maybe you should look at how much advertising revenue is made in regional NSW and QLD before making comments like that as well.

Not to mention even if you do discount all these areas where is the NRL really missing out? We already have a team in the 3 biggest markets in the Country.

The only real big market we are missing out on is Perth and that soon won't be a problem.

Then the one place we have left is Adelaide. I would rather not have a presence in Adelaide then miss out on all the places i listed above.

DC_fan

Coach
Crowds for tonight were

Roosters v Warriors 10,116
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles 19,830
Titans v Panthers 12,262

I really do wonder why we bother about crowds when clubs flat out lie with attendance figures. There is no way in the world there was 12,000 plus at Skilled Stadium, no way in the world.

Hallatia

Referee
Crowds for tonight were

Roosters v Warriors 10,116
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles 19,830
Titans v Panthers 12,262

I really do wonder why we bother about crowds when clubs flat out lie with attendance figures. There is no way in the world there was 12,000 plus at Skilled Stadium, no way in the world.
maybe a couple of thousand left around kick off ...

beave

Coach
so they're saying Skilled Park was just below 50% full????

Pull the other f**king leg for gods sake.............

Hallatia

Referee
that game was freaking terrible, I felt sorry for Cartright for having to watch the whole thing. Anyone else could be forgiven for leaving after very few minutes.

RWB

Bench
Trains were down in Sydney today so Bulldogs did well to get 19k... shame the game didn't seem to match the hype.

Loved the announcement at SFS midway through the second and the whole crowd cracking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts