What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
Crowd average comparison after R.23 for 2007-2011

2010 16,335
2011 16,046
2009 15,732
2008 15,694
2007 15,549

Crowds this season are down by 1.76 percent on last year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Atrocious crowd at Toyota tonight. Plenty of Sharks fans have given up on this year I think... some there today I heard having conversations about how they wouldn't be attending the Round 26 clash... Hope Tigers bring plenty of support.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Atrocious crowd at Toyota tonight. Plenty of Sharks fans have given up on this year I think... some there today I heard having conversations about how they wouldn't be attending the Round 26 clash... Hope Tigers bring plenty of support.

Does the NRL need this attitude.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Very interested to see how many Souths get this Friday. Yes they are playing the Cowboys but they are on a roll and playing some really good footy. Heres hoping for 16-17k.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Storm v Dragons looks like it could also be a good crowd, judging by ticketek.

Anyone got any updates on Storm V Dragons ticket sales?

Gary Belcher announced on Sunday that it was going to be a sell out, but this seems a big call to make 5 days before the game :?

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm no AFL fan but I was on their forum because I'm going to melbourne for storm dragons, so I was reading their threads to work out what afl game to attend (when in rome...)

Anway the good news for the storm is afl fans are blowing up rothfield style because on Friday night Carlton vs hawthorn is on at etihad...apparently it will sell out but they reckon it would get 80k at MCG. so potentially 25k locked out, even if only 1-2k decide to go to AAMI instead it will be a nice little boost

azza29

Juniors

Gary Belcher announced on Sunday that it was going to be a sell out, but this seems a big call to make 5 days before the game :?

Probably a similar crowd to the Broncos game, around 22-23k. According to Ticketek's website category 1 tickets have sold out. Blues/Hawks blockbuster at the MCG might have an impact.

I wish they'd stop predicting these 'sell outs' a week before the game, discourages people from coming if they think they'll end up with a terrible (or no) seat.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I had a look through ticketek and the best available group of 10 tickets were in section 89 which is category three, so i would assume it will be a bit bigger then the broncos crowd. Just depends on GA tix too though.

Does anyone think the hype is starting to fade over this game with the Dragons slump?

Hallatia

Referee
Does anyone think the hype is starting to fade over this game with the Dragons slump?
I think it might be, but at the same time, I think it shouldn't be. Dragons will feel they have a lot to prove and a great opportunity to prove it. They could pull out a performance like they did round 26 2009 against us. It didn't take them out of their choke because they lost the next two games and bombed out of the finals, being the first minor premiers since this finals system was introduced to go out in week 2 of the finals.

Also, Melbourne just hit 11 wins in a row in round 23 which was their former record, should be going out to break that on Friday... etc. Maybe some returning of the guard too with Dragons being premiers last year haha

BunniesMan

Immortal
Very interested to see how many Souths get this Friday. Yes they are playing the Cowboys but they are on a roll and playing some really good footy. Heres hoping for 16-17k.
ALL members of all NRL clubs get in for free this Friday against the Cowboys. So hopefully a good crowd. Plus our fans should go in numbers after putting up 100+ points in a fortnight.

Brutus

Referee
C'mon Souths get 20k in there.

Prove that you've got a lot of fans.

It's a big game with plenty of stars on show on both sides.

Raiderdave

First Grade

I read something 2 weeks ago saying it was on its way then to a sellout :?

So I'd of thought it would be near by now
a few thoughts
no.. the Dragons form slump won't hamper the crowd too much ... Storm fans just want to see their mob beat... crush in fact , the
" pretend premiers " ;-)

no game at the G ... so that will help
the AFL likely to sellout .. but most Geelong & Carlton fans will stay at home to watch that game on TV
its the event followers in Melb ( of which there are plenty) who would have gone to the AFL game if it were at the G.. who may now go to AAMI to get their fix of live sport

no live coverage in Melb .. so this will all help

I'm thinking over 25K ... & won't surprise if it ends up around the 30K capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts