What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nko11

Juniors
I cant post the link because i have not made 20 posts yet.
But type into google "courier mail titans fans missing in action" and you will see an article about it.

Unless I've missed something it doesn't mention anything in terms of a fine and saids it was a ticketing machine error.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Unless I've missed something it doesn't mention anything in terms of a fine and saids it was a ticketing machine error.

Yeah mate, im on the hunt for the follow up article which had estimates of potential fines. Also what kind of moron would believe the ticket scanning issue?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mate at the Gabba has informed me that there is a massive quantity of Gold Coast Suns fans at the Lions - Suns game. Im on the Beenleigh line (Gold Coast) train, and this afternoon when waiting at the Coopers Plains station, which is where an express to gold coast stops both ways there was literally 2 titans fans. I got in a train completely overrun with Suns supporters.
Sure you did. ;-)

yakstorm

First Grade
Yeah mate, im on the hunt for the follow up article which had estimates of potential fines. Also what kind of moron would believe the ticket scanning issue?

Well it's not completely unbelievable considering the Cowboys had the same issue, and the Titans actually had reported a couple of games below what Stadiums Queensland had recorded, I mean if they were artificially boosting their crowds, they would do it for all wouldn't they? Or at least name on par for those ones they didn't inflate you'd think....

As for fines, Stadium Queensland has no ability to penalise anyone for differential crowds. If they did, then the FFA and ARU would be getting fines, as if you read their Annual Report, they had a number of 'inflated' crowds for Test Matches and Roar games at Suncorp.

nko11

Juniors
You would be so surprised.

Coming from the area and actually having a first hand view of the target audience (Kids); i can tell you that the Titans are far and away better supported. When they hit their 15th year they'll be averaging 20K+ again. However i am literally yet to hear a single thing about the Suns.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Well it's not completely unbelievable considering the Cowboys had the same issue, and the Titans actually had reported a couple of games below what Stadiums Queensland had recorded, I mean if they were artificially boosting their crowds, they would do it for all wouldn't they? Or at least name on par for those ones they didn't inflate you'd think....

As for fines, Stadium Queensland has no ability to penalise anyone for differential crowds. If they did, then the FFA and ARU would be getting fines, as if you read their Annual Report, they had a number of 'inflated' crowds for Test Matches and Roar games at Suncorp.

Ticket scanning issues are regarded as the easy way out. Stadium managers cannot allow a purposely fabricated attendance to be announced, but they will happily blame it of the scanners. I have been to every event at Suncorp (disregarding some roar home/away games) for the last two years and i do believe that rugby test matches and some roar games especially are fabricated. No i havent read the Annual report. Have you?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Coming from the area and actually having a first hand view of the target audience (Kids); i can tell you that the Titans are far and away better supported. When they hit their 15th year they'll be averaging 20K+ again. However i am literally yet to hear a single thing about the Suns.

Of course the titans have way more fans. Just no one wants to go see an obvious result i guess. The bandwagoners for some reason are loving the kick and giggle, even though the suns are also shit, the new club must be exciting to some bored people.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Ticket scanning issues are regarded as the easy way out. Stadium managers cannot allow a purposely fabricated attendance to be announced, but they will happily blame it of the scanners. I have been to every event at Suncorp (disregarding some roar home/away games) for the last two years and i do believe that rugby test matches and some roar games especially are fabricated. No i havent read the Annual report. Have you?

Yeah I guess thats why Newcastle and the Cowboys this year on numerous occasions ahve said a certain amount turned up when it was clearly a lot more :roll:

f**king troll.

Evenflow

Bench

I wish i could share your optimism. Their crowds have pretty much continually dropped each year since their inception and long as they keep the tickets prices at the ridiculous levels they're at now it's going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hahaha, im a broncos member, and dont give a shit about the afl or soccer. I was just raising what i saw today.
Im not a troll. I thought this was for watching crowds, and competing with the enemy - other codes.

Last edited:

nko11

Juniors
I wish i could share your optimism. Their crowds have pretty much continually dropped each year since their inception and long as they keep the tickets prices at the ridiculous levels they're at now it's going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better.

Look at it this way; the first two years (2007, 2008) they still had the aurora of a new team and thus they averaged well (they finished 12th and 13th). That aurora rubbed off going into the 3rd season. If they were as bad as they are this year in 2009 and 2010, they would be averaging the same as the current years average. This is as low as their crowds will get. When these kids grow up and turn independent they will be selling Skilled Park out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've seen similar crowds for GCU v Brisbane A-League matches pronounced around the 6-7k mark.

How do they get away with it?

bobmar28

Bench
I cant post the link because i have not made 20 posts yet.
But type into google "courier mail titans fans missing in action" and you will see an article about it.

Someone should write an article about TV ratings in QLD. 3,000 for AFL on Friday night. 348,000 for NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts