What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

Coach
Someone should write an article about TV ratings in QLD. 3,000 for AFL on Friday night. 348,000 for NRL.

Should probably wait and see how much the afl Queensland match got last night before you did such comparisons. Won't be 350k though obviously.

Timmah, I honestly don't think they could get away with doubling the crowd. So they probably didn't.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So are GCU then fudging their figures downwards? What benefit would that provide? :?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not suggesting I'm 100% accurate, but unless they have a magic bay of 5,000 seats floating out of view of the cameras, something's not right.

user_nat

Coach
I completely agree that the crowds look terrible. I just don't think they would be able to fugde it that much.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i didn't see much of the game,but i think 11k is probably a fair assessment. looked fairly busy on the broadcast side from what i saw.

docbrown

Coach
348k for the two QLD NRL teams on Friday night

85k for the two QLD fumbleball teams last night.

Prelim numbers suggest that Friday night will be the biggest 7:30pm slot nationally all year, looking at 1.4 million+. Will confirm tomorrow.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I am pleasantly surprised that the Raiders have stayed above 10k all year. Shows that increasing ticketed members increases your bottom threshold for crowds.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I am pleasantly surprised that the Raiders have stayed above 10k all year. Shows that increasing ticketed members increases your bottom threshold for crowds.

Will be a tough ask getting above 10k in 2 weeks against Penrith.

I will be going to Canberra for the first time for that game, only NRL ground in Australia i am yet to go to.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Will be a tough ask getting above 10k in 2 weeks against Penrith.

I will be going to Canberra for the first time for that game, only NRL ground in Australia i am yet to go to.

agreed
the Raiders have never had a season in 30 years where we haven't had a crowd of under 10K
even in the halcion days of the early 90's

to turn our tails up like we did will turn a few of the locals off
Penrith won't bring a contingent of fans like Souths did yesterday
Its a 7.30 Sat game in August so it will be bloody cold .. unlike yesterday which was a gorgeous Sunday arvo in the Captial
I think the Titans will get us next week at Robina too

so if we crack 10K against the panthers it will be a minor miracle
the only things which might get us to a 5 figure crowd

will be fear of the wooden spoon
have only won it once .. in our inaugural year of 1982.. fire up the locals to help the boys avoid it
last game of the year .. 30th aniversary celebrations are on that night.

heres hoping :sarcasm:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Manly only has tickets in sections 729, 736 and 737 left - these sections are all on the top tier corners and probably comprise of less than 500seats maybe. Then only roughly 500 restricted view tickets left.

Broncos v Souths seems to be selling ok, but not as good as the Warriors game. So hopefully when DL's last sells out its speeds up.

Storm v Dragons looks like it could also be a good crowd, judging by ticketek.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts