What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
With the way Cronulla is playing, with it being monday night football. 8k is much better than the knights and titans numbers. Which im sure we have to thank the doggies fans for that.

again with the stupid comparisons
stop comparing your club with other clubs
they have advantages your club does not

your club needs its fans to stop staying at home ... it has nothing else to stop it from going under .. but them
off your dates shark fans
get to the games:cool:

M2D2

Bench
Im talking about the games that we played against the titans and knights over the last month or so.
So i fail to see how they are stupid comparisons.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Going though this thread quickly (I'm only new) I think we are predicting crowd figures and putting up the actual figures (please forgive me if this is incorrect).

If the games are played in dry conditions.

Storm V Dragons 20,000-25,000
Souths V Cowboys 17,000-18,000
Titans V Raiders 11,000-12,000
Penrith V Warriors 10,000-12,000
Roosters V Sharks 10,000-10,500
Manly V Bulldogs 15,000-18,000
Tigers V Parra 18,000-22,000
Newc V Broncos 20,000

BunniesMan

Immortal
I am from Sydney actually. From Rooster country, born and bred so I know full well the advantages of the SFS for city workers and I do take your point.

However there are what, 200k people living in the Shire? Correct me if I'm wrong there...so surely they can do better than 8k against the Bulldogs.
The shire, like the Penrith area, has loads of rugby league fans. It just doesn't have that many Sharks fans.

I've had the misfortune of spending time in both the shire and the Penrith region, there is just as many Dogs/Dragons/Souths/Tigers fans around those places as there are Sharks/Panthers fans.

Those 2 smallish clubs don't have a magic wall around their district forcing their residents to go for their team.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The shire, like the Penrith area, has loads of rugby league fans. It just doesn't have that many Sharks fans.

I've had the misfortune of spending time in both the shire and the Penrith region, there is just as many Dogs/Dragons/Souths/Tigers fans around those places as there are Sharks/Panthers fans.

Those 2 smallish clubs don't have a magic wall around their district forcing their residents to go for their team.

same as Canberra
same as Brisbane
same as Newcastle

there are fans of every club in every district
its a niave absurdity to suggest though that Sharks fans are not in the majority in the shire
of course they are , & while I agree they have the smallest pool of fans in Sydney.. probably the entire NRL
... they only come out in decent numbers when they're side is winning
& for this particular club ... with their well known financial issues
this will see their demise
if they want their team to stay in the NRL they need to be more committed.

Penrith is real Heartland, a massive league nursery , but it is an area where most have young families & very little disposable income

CC_Roosters

First Grade
same as Canberra
same as Brisbane
same as Newcastle

there are fans of every club in every district
its a niave absurdity to suggest though that Sharks fans are not in the majority in the shire
of course they are , & while I agree they have the smallest pool of fans in Sydney.. probably the entire NRL
... they only come out in decent numbers when they're side is winning
& for this particular club ... with their well known financial issues
this will see their demise
if they want their team to stay in the NRL they need to be more committed.

Penrith is real Heartland, a massive league nursery , but it is an area where most have young families & very little disposable income

Isn't cronullas district pretty big and in healthy shape in junior terms as well though?

Red Bear

Referee
I would imagine, with Jim Beam Cup taking the better local players, most Sydney senior comps wouldnt be of a great standard. More money in Illawarra and Newcastle for ex-NRL players to go to.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I would imagine, with Jim Beam Cup taking the better local players, most Sydney senior comps wouldnt be of a great standard. More money in Illawarra and Newcastle for ex-NRL players to go to.

Hadn't thought of that. Do we really need a third division? If those players could be playing in the metro comps and raising the standard and numbers there?

back OT, predictions-

Rabbits V Cowboys- 17k
Storm V Dragons- 24k
Titans V Raiders- 9.5k
Penrith V Warriors- 11k
Easts v Cronulla- 9k
Tigers V eels- 19k
Manly V Doggies- 16k
Knights V broncos- 22k

Total= 15,938. av = 15,938

BDGS

Bench
Pretty cool picture of Billy Slater from last week's game.

Billy+Slater+NRL+Rd+23+Titans+v+Storm+3LV0g793Xwtl.jpg

And Cronk:

Cooper+Cronk+NRL+Rd+23+Titans+v+Storm+aJrOBKMTKlvl.jpg

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos v Manly is down to single seats in every category, including restricted view. Lets just hope everyone comes.

Because of this the souths game is having a surge too.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Do Souths have much support in South East Queensland?

No they dont really - im a Broncos member and during souths games the allocated bay for souths fans is never really close to full. Not the smallest like Newcastle, Cronulla and Canberra though.

Would have been good if it was against Tigers, last years game i was shocked how many Tigers fans were there.

I was hoping there would be a bit more inglis shit talking to bring angry broncos fans to the game.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Isn't cronullas district pretty big and in healthy shape in junior terms as well though?

big ... no its of average size & hardly in OK health
there was talk the referees in this district were not going to be able to be paid for their services as early as last year

the Sharks had no money ... & couldn't pay them :eek:
they eventually had to get assistance to do this

no things are a bit bleak down sutherland way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts