What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2D2

Bench
Ok? I think it's pretty clear that the people making accusations about made up crowd figures are suggesting a much bigger disparity than that.
Indeed they are. More like 1500.
The Titans Sharks game had f**k all people. I was there. People laughed when the numbers came up.
People have commented on it all season.
Then the proof comes out, but oh no. We still have an agenda. :lol:
Either by turnstile faults of them personally inflating the numbers.
They havent been accurate all season.

Billythekid

First Grade
The Titans Sharks game had f**k all people. I was there. People laughed when the numbers came up.

Except people haven't been saying the crowds have been inflated by 1000. If a crowd is announced as 12K you have people on here saying there would be no more than 5K or 6K.

There is also a difference between claiming there has been an era in counting and claiming the titans are deliberately lying about their crowd figures.

In the end even if you lower the titans crowd avg by 1000 it isn't that different.

Too soon to call the Hunter Valley the Home of Rugby League...?
:p

It really is and i can guarantee you won't ever see the AFL getting any sort of presence here.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Surely the tax dept would be taking an interest if the crowd is announced as one thing and the tax returns on gate income was dramatically lower?

user_nat

Coach
How would the tax department know how many people were members, how many were juniors, how many were family tickets and how many of each category of ticket was sold?

They can't really go "Well.. they said there was 13,000.. but we only got X dollars of tax.. it should have been Y dollars!"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The crowd will now be entirely reliant on members filling the joint.

I had friends arrive there just before six and the southern hill was chock-full.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The crowd will now be entirely reliant on members filling the joint.

I had friends arrive there just before six and the southern hill was chock-full.

Timmah, do you know the last time 2 venues were officially sold out in the same week of an NRL round, excluding suburban grounds? Has it ever been done?

Also i have a mate there too, just rang him, he said the members area is looking very decent compared to other games.

Sundays Suncorp crowd also relies on members aswell, they seem so lazy except for major events. Hopefully the loser pro rugby members show up.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ticketek update:

Week one NRL finals ticketing page has had record trafficking this year, almost double of last years.
Very exciting for this years finals attendances! Lets hope we get another blockbuster at ANZ, and a couple at Suncorp.

Titans tickets selling remarkably well. 16k pre sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts