What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
http://www.voxy.co.nz/sport/mt-smart-stadium-set-biggest-warriors-crowd-season/5/100142

The Vodafone Warriors will play in front of the biggest crowd of the season for a home match at Mount Smart Stadium when they face North Queensland in their final regular season NRL clash on Saturday night. By mid-afternoon today, sales for the 26th-round clash had exceeded 17,000, ahead of the best Mount Smart crowd so far this year of 16,872 for the 11th-round 12-6 win against South Sydney in May.

17k sold as of Thursday for the Warriors game, should easily pass 20k I would think.

HowHigh

Coach
Sorry if you thought that was a bit under the belt but hopefully the person is ok.
Thought you Aussie's had a sense of humour.

BTW why the upgrade at Win Stadium.
The grandstand isn't ready till next season
+ it was raining a little

Although I'll admit 13.5k was a bit dissapointing...expected at least 15

Teddyboy

First Grade
The grandstand isn't ready till next season
+ it was raining a little

Although I'll admit 13.5k was a bit dissapointing...expected at least 15

Not trolling but as I said on the new stadiums thread is that why is Win getting a upgrade when they can not sell-out most games anyway ????.Iam all for safety of the grounds but spending money to increase capacity just seems madness esp when you see the empty rows at Penrith.

BTW if someone had died at the Knights game then I sorry for the cheap comment.

HowHigh

Coach
Not trolling but as I said on the new stadiums thread is that why is Win getting a upgrade when they can not sell-out most games anyway ????.Iam all for safety of the grounds but spending money to increase capacity just seems madness esp when you see the empty rows at Penrith.

BTW if someone had died at the Knights game then I sorry for the cheap comment.
We've had some big attendances down here where some additional seating was definately needed.
Tonight granted it wasn't the best, but some games where we hit 17k + (manly games for e.g who have a good fanbase here) it would hit 20k if the seating was available.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

They pushed the current capacity (just under 20k) twice this season in Wollongong - 17 & 18k achieved. Other games 15k, 14k and 13k from memory.

With the additional grandstand seating they're looking at more seating, and therefore larger capacity. Crowd figures will go up. Simple maths really.

DIOGENES

Juniors
By my reckoning 158K required in the remaining 6 games for the record.
Assume 50K at Brisbane - leaves 100K in 5 games - possible 20K in NZ but the others will fall short. The season will be 2nd best on record but has every chance to be a record with a strong finals series.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Expected better at WIN tbh. We should get 160K total for the round, meaning we finish at 16,2??. Which considering the shocking weather and other factors this year is pretty good.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Remaining games - 21k @ Mt Smart, 50k @ Suncorp, 15k @ ANZ, Crap crowds for SFS, Toyota and Skilled I would think. We'll fall short but not by too much.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Same happened last year from memory then we had a good finals attendance and we claimed it to be the best year in history

If we get tig v stg on Friday night a 50-55k game would be a great start

Brutus

Referee
Yay the Knights get over 30k for the first time in a long time.

They used to attract these sorts of crowds a fair bit back in the day.

I've got a good feeling about their crowds next year.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
If we get tig v stg on Friday night a 50-55k game would be a great start

The Tigers will play it at the SFS if they finish 4th, which means it will be around 40K. If the Dragons finish 4th though i can see them playing it at ANZ since the SFS is one of the Tigers home grounds.

Either way I think we will have record crowds for the final series this year.

Billythekid

First Grade
What a fantastic crowd tonight. Also the lol@souffs banner was hilarious.

Pretty damn impressive to be able to pull 30K+ when you consider that there wasn't really all that much away support.

This is RL heartland and whilst i'm not a knights supporter it was a great atmosphere.

Shame we're going to smash them and send them out of the finals next week;-).

NRLMad

Juniors
The Tigers will play it at the SFS if they finish 4th, which means it will be around 40K. If the Dragons finish 4th though i can see them playing it at ANZ since the SFS is one of the Tigers home grounds.

Either way I think we will have record crowds for the final series this year.

I belive if it's Tigers vs Dragons it will be played at Homebush. The NRL decides between the final venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.