What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Gold coast crowds are shocking, im aware of that.

Are they really though?

They are only poor if you are comparing them to previous years, and that is unfair because in those years they had a good side compared to the team they have now.

This year they average 15,168 and are the seventh best team in terms of averages this season at this date. That may change after round 26.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Are they really though?

They are only poor if you are comparing them to previous years, and that is unfair because in those years they had a good side compared to the team they have now.

This year they average 15,168 and are the seventh best team in terms of averages this season at this date. That may change after round 26.

True, to be honest i thought it was worse then that. However, for they're positioning that is good. The game on Saturday night could well nudge 20,000. However sales have slowed dramatically today.

hutch

First Grade
You do realise they have been straight up LYING about attendance figures all year?

They weren't lying, a ticketing bubble meant that they announced crowd figures a couple of hundred above the actual attendance!

Billythekid

First Grade
You do realise they have been straight up LYING about attendance figures all year?

Do you have any proof? Otherwise you're just trolling as usual and adding nothing to the thread.

Do you realise that lying about attendance figures would be very costly for the titans and would almost certainly get them into trouble?

M2D2

Bench
The fact that everyone who has gone to the games have said this week in week out?
The fact i saw it with my two eyes.
No, No proof. But everybody knows it.
a couple of hundred above the actual attendance!
:lol:

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Do you have any proof? Otherwise you're just trolling as usual and adding nothing to the thread.

Do you realise that lying about attendance figures would be very costly for the titans and would almost certainly get them into trouble?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...riginally-feared/story-fn2mcuj6-1226100661894

Stadiums Queensland is about to launch an investigation into a ticketing error that led to almost 14,000 extra fans being added to the club's total attendance at Skilled Park during the past 12 months.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Even if you do take into account that, they are sitting above many teams higher then them on the ladder. Including second place Manly (not including suncorp double header) but they have had some shocker weather to deal with this year.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Even if you do take into account that, they are sitting above many teams higher then them on the ladder. Including second place Manly (not including suncorp double header) but they have had some shocker weather to deal with this year.

Brisbane has had shocking weather game days aswell.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Brisbane has had shocking weather game days aswell.

A stat that you would be interested in mate is in this weeks Big League.

"Brisbane have had crowds of 20,000 or greater for every Suncorp Stadium match sine may 2005 (83 games)"

A fair effort.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A stat that you would be interested in mate is in this weeks Big League.

"Brisbane have had crowds of 20,000 or greater for every Suncorp Stadium match sine may 2005 (83 games)"

A fair effort.

Yeah very happy with that, does it say who the last sub 20k one was? Im pretty sure it was v Souths and something telling me 18k?

I wish we could get back up to that 43k average we once had!

user_nat

Coach
Yup. It was against Souths and was 18k. Round 12 on a Saturday after an Origin match.
We were on top and Souths were second last.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
The fact that everyone who has gone to the games have said this week in week out?

Right that's what i thought, talking sh*t. Until there is evidence that they are deliberately fudging numbers (and significantly so going by your claims) what you're saying is made up and has no place in this thread.

So 14,000 across the whole season? That really doesn't change things all that much.

hutch

First Grade

:lol:

still laughing after reading that link?

Brutus

Referee
Just a rough guess, but I think the lowest crowd the Broncos ever had at Suncorp (not Lang Park) was 15k on a wet evening against the Tigers. A Saturday night?

user_nat

Coach
Just a rough guess, but I think the lowest crowd the Broncos ever had at Suncorp (not Lang Park) was 15k on a wet evening against the Tigers. A Saturday night?

Yup.
Just having a look now, seems that there has been 5 sub 20k crowds at Suncorp (2 in 03, 2 04, 1 05).
For Broncos games anyhow, those Bulldogs V Cowboys games didn't do all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts