What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
yes I do.

Will you just drop it mate as apart from watching your countries Reds and the Wallabies i don't like Union that much (well apart from seeing Wales and Ireland beat England).
I like League so don't be a merkin as I want to see 50000 on my TV screen tomorrow morning as I pay £7.99 for Premier Sports which has no Rugby Union on so if iam a Union troll then why pay towards a channel that I got no interest at all PLUS iam a member of a torrent site in which I can get all the NRL games (as well as S15 etc) I like yet still I pay £7.99 for the NRL you twat.

dragons__

Juniors
forecast updated to showers ending by this afternoon (instead of this evening).

Great news! Hopefully that wont turn many, if any, people away, and we also get a decent walk up crowd.

High 50,000 is not out of the question!

Brutus

Referee
Cloud is very high now, particularly in the east. Looks better now out west too.

60k we can do it.

to_ddeath

Coach
My pass marks would be

Manly @ SFS - 22k
Tigers @ ANZ - 50k
Broncos @ Lang - Sell Out
Melbourne @ AAMI - 25k

Because honestly, that's the minimum they deserve

Manly Cows won't get 22K - shitty weather & 1 team that's a poor drawer of crowds in Sydney at the best of times... I reckon 18-19K at the very highest.

T.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Manly Cows won't get 22K - shitty weather & 1 team that's a poor drawer of crowds in Sydney at the best of times... I reckon 18-19K at the very highest.

T.

& theres been plenty of crowds around that mark for finals at the SFS & ANZ over the past few years

Roosters V Broncos in 2008 only got 18K odd at the SFS
Bulldogs V Raiders in 2006 only got 14K odd at ANZ :eek:
Storm V Cowboys in 2005 only got 16K odd at the SFS
Bulldogs V Cowboys in 2004 .. only 18K odd at ANZ

so we're probably being a little harsh on the Eagles if we think the minimum should be 20K
& if in fact they do happen to get that many ... they should get a round of applause :shock:

docbrown

Coach
& theres been plenty of crowds around that mark for finals at the SFS & ANZ over the past few years

Roosters V Broncos in 2008 only got 18K odd at the SFS
Bulldogs V Raiders in 2006 only got 14K odd at ANZ :eek:
Storm V Cowboys in 2005 only got 16K odd at the SFS
Bulldogs V Cowboys in 2004 .. only 18K odd at ANZ

so we're probably being a little harsh on the Eagles if we think the minimum should be 20K
& if in fact they do happen to get that many ... they should get a round of applause :shock:

I'll excuse Storm vs Cowboys. I don't know if you recall but that game was one of the main reasons we change the neutral venue format.

That said Roosters @ home for a final get 18k? Bulldogs @ home for a final get 14k & 18k?

Make no mistake - those are failures too.

gronkathon

First Grade
Out in the greater west, some drizzle but clearing and a fresh breeze following.

I think the great unknown of the finals series results makes this a big match to attend because the loseing teams fanbase is not at all confident at that second chance

Raiderdave

First Grade
And people complain about poor old Manly having to play at the SFS?

yeah ... there was some crazy stuff going on with finals venues a few years back

the Broncos & Knights played at the SFS in 2006 too :sarcasm: :crazy:
that drew 22K

I think after this they sorted it out
& from 2007 ... no games other then the GF involving 2 out of Sydney sides are to be played in Sydney

but true.... the comutes of these fans back then were a lot longer then Manly fans this Sat will have to endure
thats for sure;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts