What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I know we drew 70,000+ to the all-Sydney preliminary final at ANZ Stadium in the last two years (Bulldogs vs Parramatta in 2009 and St George vs Wests Tigers last year), but I don't see it happening again this year. Any finals match involving either Manly, Penrith, Cronulla or Sydney Roosters won't hit 70,000+ due to the small supporter bases of these Sydney teams.

There's currently three Sydney teams in the finals: Manly, Wests Tigers and St George. Of the three combinations involving those teams, Tigers vs St George would've been the BEST chance of getting it, but since they meet each this week, under the McIntyre 8 system they will not meet each other again before the GF (that's if they both make it to the GF). Given the rate the SFS QF is selling at this week, you can forget about getting any huge crowd at ANZ if Manly gets through to Week 3, even if it's against Tigers or Dragons.

I think the best bet for maximising crowds in Weeks 2 and 3 is if the Broncos win this week (hence getting a home final in either Week 2 or 3, which they, again, will easily get 50000+ at) and the Storm winning this week at the expense of my Knights, meaning they get the home prelim in Week 3 at Etihad. If the Storm draw either the Dragons or Warriors in Week 3, there's a huge chance they will break the previous record of 33000+ vs Parramatta 4 yrs ago. That game was on a Sunday and hence wasn't competing with AFL. However, if luck falls on our side, there's a chance the Storm could draw 40000+ vs Dragons (especially considering the Dragons being one of the best drawing away teams in the NRL), but again it will depend on other factors, most important being what match is held next door at the MCG since the AFL also have a PF that night involving either Collingwood, Geelong or Hawthorn - three of the top drawing teams in the AFL.

In order to get 70,000+ again at ANZ, the games needs to be a combination of 2 teams from either Bulldogs/St George/Parramatta/Wests Tigers/South Sydney. I know that if Souths made the prelims, the 80000 odd so ppl who marched down George Street some 10 years ago or so would all try to turn up in flying colours. But, because I don't see Souths ever making a PF, let alone a finals match for some time (especially since they've only made the finals once in the last 22 yrs), you can pretty much omit 10L@50uff$ from that list. 10L@50uff$!

the MCG is not next door to Etihad
its on the other side of the Melbourne CBD .. so shouldn't deter many from going to the NRL prelim final on the Sat night if they're concerned about traffic n the like

as for the size of a crowd at a possible prelim final in Sydney at ANZ
there are only 2 combos that will play there
Manly V Dragons
Many V Tigers

I agree .. neither will get to 70K plus
60K plus for both combos is achievable though

Raiderdave

First Grade
hahahaha that uni degree must have helped you read the computer.

was pretty sceptical of him, randomly turns up and acts like he knows all. Now someone puts shit on him and he comes back with he has a uni degree.

And isn't there like 12 ANZ members? So we have sold 17k + 12k members according to you. Wouldn't be placing any confidence in your info mate.[/QUOTE]

yep .. that smells dodgey
is this broncos bloke claiming only 17K tickets have been sold to members of the Dragons .. Tigers & the general public that follow these sides .. & neutrals :sarcasm:
& he's included the 12K stadium members in the overall figure of 29K :?

I'd say its 29K sold
& another 12K could also possibly attend putting the projected crowd figure at over 40K at this stage without walkups
which is what I understand the NRL has said yesterday

with junior passes & a few parents along with these kids ... 50K looks like what we'll get

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Seems to be a good move by the NRL to have the game at ANZ instead of the SFS.

Bold but good move.

Brutus

Referee
As long as ANZ passes 50k. That's the pass mark.

I'm surprised Brisbane hasn't sold out yet.

docbrown

Coach
My pass marks would be

Manly @ SFS - 22k
Tigers @ ANZ - 50k
Broncos @ Lang - Sell Out
Melbourne @ AAMI - 25k

Because honestly, that's the minimum they deserve

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just bought Tigers cat 3 tickets. Pax number was 40,802. Not sure what that indicates as someone has said previously that the stadium batches it pax numbers into sections of the stadium

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
My pass marks would be

Manly @ SFS - 22k
Tigers @ ANZ - 50k
Broncos @ Lang - Sell Out
Melbourne @ AAMI - 25k

Because honestly, that's the minimum they deserve

I would be ok if Manly and Melbourne got above 20K, but Suncorp should sell out and ANZ should get 50K.

dragondad

First Grade
No, as long as the crowd passes the capacity of the SFS. Then we know for sure that no one has been turned away.

Suity

Fair point, but at the SFS the western upper stand is all members. Meaning that only about 36k tickets would be on sale, if that stand holds about 7-8k.

Saint Doc

Coach
If we are in a war with AFL, should other clubs be promoting for their juniors to go to these games? I know its a touchy issue, but should Parra, Penrith and Dogs clubs in particular be advertising free admission to get people to go to the game, and say Roosters and Souths maybe pushing the Manly game?? Or is that too co-operative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts