What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
ANZ 29k
Suncorp 46k
AAMI: 17.5k
SFS: 9k

These include stadium members, i probably should have indicated that earlier.

Even for Manly v interstate that seems a bit weak for a finals match IMO.

In your experience/knowledge what would those pre-sales indicate for final crowd figures?

If i had to guess- ANZ 38k, Suncorp 50k, AAMI 25K, SFS 16K

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Even for Manly v interstate that seems a bit weak for a finals match IMO.

In your experience/knowledge what would those pre-sales indicate for final crowd figures?

If i had to guess- ANZ 38k, Suncorp 50k, AAMI 25K, SFS 16K

I worked in the Myer box office and Suncorp ticketek gates: So i only really know for queensland stadiums. As i only really gained access to numbers for events i was selling.

But my mate who has an office job with Ticketek in the channel 9 Queensland base (CH9 owns ticketek) has told me that theyre revised predictions are pretty close to yours. They are pretty generous with the ANZ crowd - as junior passes allowed

ANZ: 50 - 55k
Suncorp: 49k - Sell out
SFS: 17k
AAMI: 25k

Keep in mind that certain things will start a frenzy in ticket demands.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
I don't think so, suppose to be a cold front coming through Friday, strong winds & rain will keep the bandwagoners from both clubs away.

dragondad

First Grade
I'll be happy with 50k. Lower bowl full so will look good, good atmosphere and a good effort for Finals Wk1.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
That's what i had in mind. The M62 Motorway, pretty much links up most of the Clubs over here, but try getting across it on a Friday Night in S*** Weather at Rush hour to say get from Hull to Wigan can be a Knightmare, that's why i understand, many will stay at home and watch on the Telly instead. Sydney of course i don't know, so i can not tell what is a good effort for Fans, and what is a S*** effort.

When i watch your games though over here, especially the ones at what you could call the old Suburban grounds, with Hills etc. When they are full, they look Awesome and in no way do they reflect badly. Now i don't know the Areas they are in and what parking is like and transport, how near the Areas are to each other, and what effort is needed to get to those places. I could drive from my house (i live in whats known as the heavywoollen Area, surrounded by leeds, huddersfield,bradford) and could get to Wigan by Car in say 1hr 15 mins, but on a Friday Night when Wigan play their Home games, that can be a ,lot more, i mean can you drive to most Sydney grounds within an hour or is that far fetched?

The problem is when it rains and people stay away because they don't want to spend 2 hours + on a wet and soaked hill, the hill then becomes empty and it looks poor.

undertaker

Coach
I know we drew 70,000+ to the all-Sydney preliminary final at ANZ Stadium in the last two years (Bulldogs vs Parramatta in 2009 and St George vs Wests Tigers last year), but I don't see it happening again this year. Any finals match involving either Manly, Penrith, Cronulla or Sydney Roosters won't hit 70,000+ due to the small supporter bases of these Sydney teams.

There's currently three Sydney teams in the finals: Manly, Wests Tigers and St George. Of the three combinations involving those teams, Tigers vs St George would've been the BEST chance of getting it, but since they meet each this week, under the McIntyre 8 system they will not meet each other again before the GF (that's if they both make it to the GF). Given the rate the SFS QF is selling at this week, you can forget about getting any huge crowd at ANZ if Manly gets through to Week 3, even if it's against Tigers or Dragons.

I think the best bet for maximising crowds in Weeks 2 and 3 is if the Broncos win this week (hence getting a home final in either Week 2 or 3, which they, again, will easily get 50000+ at) and the Storm winning this week at the expense of my Knights, meaning they get the home prelim in Week 3 at Etihad. If the Storm draw either the Dragons or Warriors in Week 3, there's a huge chance they will break the previous record of 33000+ vs Parramatta 4 yrs ago. That game was on a Sunday and hence wasn't competing with AFL. However, if luck falls on our side, there's a chance the Storm could draw 40000+ vs Dragons (especially considering the Dragons being one of the best drawing away teams in the NRL), but again it will depend on other factors, most important being what match is held next door at the MCG since the AFL also have a PF that night involving either Collingwood, Geelong or Hawthorn - three of the top drawing teams in the AFL.

In order to get 70,000+ again at ANZ, the games needs to be a combination of 2 teams from either Bulldogs/St George/Parramatta/Wests Tigers/South Sydney. I know that if Souths made the prelims, the 80000 odd so ppl who marched down George Street some 10 years ago or so would all try to turn up in flying colours. But, because I don't see Souths ever making a PF, let alone a finals match for some time (especially since they've only made the finals once in the last 22 yrs), you can pretty much omit 10L@50uff$ from that list. 10L@50uff$!

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you mate but your completely incorrect. NRL has absolutely no acces to ticketek documents and/ or servers that show allocation and ticket sales.

Ticketek will tell the NRL how the games are going ticketing wise, the NRL cant just go in willy nilly and gain this access for themselves.

It is stadium management whom are constantly in touch with ticketek regarding how the crowd is going, for theyre staff ect. The stadium can also pay ticketek to sell corporate packages aswell.

Mate Insight does exist, just like ProTicket and Ticketmaster all have similar solutions which are provided to both the venue and the sporting event client.

I've used all three, and seen then in action for various sports. Listen to what you're saying, its not practical for a venue or sporting organisation to be on the phone or email to the ticketing provider constantly during a day, especially for events such as Finals which have such sharp turn around times and can easily be affected by so many things.

As yes of course the venue can get Ticketek to sell corporate tickets, but ANZ Stadium doesn't do that. It's just like Ticketek can sell memberships on behalf of sporting clubs, and did so for the Broncos, Titans and Warriors last year, though the Titans and Warriors have since moved to a different membership solution.

Ticketek also doesn't handle the allocation of Stadium Members for ANZ Stadium events either, so I don't know how you can be including them in your numbers. As mentioned before by multiple ANZ Stadium members on this thread, they have been told they can just rock up on the day and scan their membership.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate Insight does exist, just like ProTicket and Ticketmaster all have similar solutions which are provided to both the venue and the sporting event client.

I've used all three, and seen then in action for various sports. Listen to what you're saying, its not practical for a venue or sporting organisation to be on the phone or email to the ticketing provider constantly during a day, especially for events such as Finals which have such sharp turn around times and can easily be affected by so many things.

As yes of course the venue can get Ticketek to sell corporate tickets, but ANZ Stadium doesn't do that. It's just like Ticketek can sell memberships on behalf of sporting clubs, and did so for the Broncos, Titans and Warriors last year, though the Titans and Warriors have since moved to a different membership solution.

Ticketek also doesn't handle the allocation of Stadium Members for ANZ Stadium events either, so I don't know how you can be including them in your numbers. As mentioned before by multiple ANZ Stadium members on this thread, they have been told they can just rock up on the day and scan their membership.

Your not understanding what im saying. The NRL finds it quite practical to know how theyre events are going ticket wise. Its not the tellers that organise this with the nrl. And ticketek aims to make the best for the NRL as the NRL is a huge client of theres. Yes finals are hard, and quick promotion is important - look at the ticketek homepage now. Ive always known that ticketek doesnt handle the membership seating for stadiums, but it does know how many seats the stadiums have left over.

For instance suncorp has 44,303 general public seats. So the numbers i am giving are the amount sold + the membership numbers. And are rough.

You may have used all three ticketing systems but have you done a Bachelor of Business majoring in Sports and Events management?

cleary89

Coach
hahahaha that uni degree must have helped you read the computer.

was pretty sceptical of him, randomly turns up and acts like he knows all. Now someone puts shit on him and he comes back with he has a uni degree.

And isn't there like 12 ANZ members? So we have sold 17k + 12k members according to you. Wouldn't be placing any confidence in your info mate.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
hahahaha that uni degree must have helped you read the computer.

was pretty sceptical of him, randomly turns up and acts like he knows all. Now someone puts shit on him and he comes back with he has a uni degree.

And isn't there like 12 ANZ members? So we have sold 17k + 12k members according to you. Wouldn't be placing any confidence in your info mate.

I came to this thread for the assistance of crowd watching. And I have said many times I don't know much about ANZ regarding memberships. Mate take what you want from my information. I have said many times that is why I worked with ticketek because I needed hours of experience in a sporting and event organisation. You may be sceptical, I don't care I didn't come here to speak shit, I enjoy everythibg regarding NRL and crowd building.

yakstorm

First Grade
Your not understanding what im saying. The NRL finds it quite practical to know how theyre events are going ticket wise. Its not the tellers that organise this with the nrl. And ticketek aims to make the best for the NRL as the NRL is a huge client of theres. Yes finals are hard, and quick promotion is important - look at the ticketek homepage now. Ive always known that ticketek doesnt handle the membership seating for stadiums, but it does know how many seats the stadiums have left over.

For instance suncorp has 44,303 general public seats. So the numbers i am giving are the amount sold + the membership numbers. And are rough.

You may have used all three ticketing systems but have you done a Bachelor of Business majoring in Sports and Events management?

Mate I'm saying it's not practical for the NRL to be on the phone or constantly emailing Ticketek, that's why they have access to the Ticketek Insight system. Which is why the NRL or ANZ Stadium doesn't need to call Ticketek to know how many tickets have been sold, because they can login themselves and see it.

Insight is a service made by Softix whic is part of the Nine Entertainment Co, the same company that own Ticketek. You can read about Insight here:
http://www.consensus.com.au/SoftwareAwards/CSAarchive/CSA2005/Softix-InSight.htm

The URL to log into this system is nicely located at: https://insight.ticketek.com.au/ as well, not hard to find, just Google it.

I'm not denying that someone from Ticketek is feeding you numbers, but they are also not feeding you all the true information on how these events work and are possibly trying to make their role sound a lot more important than what it is. I'm sure he/she hasn't mentioned that the core sporting organisations, such as the AFL, NRL and ARU, all assist with the builds, have access to the holds at the venues and have ticket printers located in their own offices for printing out their comps and sponsor allocations.

There is a reason these organisations have their own ticketing managers, and yeah I can also assure you that neither the AFL or NRL when providing numbers for an event automatically include all stadium members as you seem to be implying. The NRL and AFL would have no desire to set themselves up for a fall like that, or have to rely on a large walk up crowd to minimise the impact if stadium members decided not to turn up (which often happens).

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate I'm saying it's not practical for the NRL to be on the phone or constantly emailing Ticketek, that's why they have access to the Ticketek Insight system. Which is why the NRL or ANZ Stadium doesn't need to call Ticketek to know how many tickets have been sold, because they can login themselves and see it.

Insight is a service made by Softix whic is part of the Nine Entertainment Co, the same company that own Ticketek. You can read about Insight here:
http://www.consensus.com.au/SoftwareAwards/CSAarchive/CSA2005/Softix-InSight.htm

The URL to log into this system is nicely located at: https://insight.ticketek.com.au/ as well, not hard to find, just Google it.

I'm not denying that someone from Ticketek is feeding you numbers, but they are also not feeding you all the true information on how these events work and are possibly trying to make their role sound a lot more important than what it is. I'm sure he/she hasn't mentioned that the core sporting organisations, such as the AFL, NRL and ARU, all assist with the builds, have access to the holds at the venues and have ticket printers located in their own offices for printing out their comps and sponsor allocations.

There is a reason these organisations have their own ticketing managers, and yeah I can also assure you that neither the AFL or NRL when providing numbers for an event automatically include all stadium members as you seem to be implying. The NRL and AFL would have no desire to set themselves up for a fall like that, or have to rely on a large walk up crowd to minimise the impact if stadium members decided not to turn up (which often happens).

Yes we did speak about the softix client data bases. But we were only told about how certain clients have access, and some journalists just ring rather then speak to the people that have log ins. Its pretty obvious that i was misslead some information during my time there by the supervisors and you obviously have done a large amount of research. When i asked my mate he said he is using an insight account. And they said that there are membership panels which indicate how mant ticketed stadium members there are?? Just wondering are you currently working within a sporting or event organisation mate?

My mate is a statistician for ticketek, in the ticketek queensland head office (MLC Centre) - Not trying to name drop or big note.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
seriously guys, enough. No one cares, just let it go, tell us crowd info if youve got it. This little duel is pretty bloody boring TBH and taking over the thread.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
seriously guys, enough. No one cares, just let it go, tell us crowd info if youve got it. This little duel is pretty bloody boring TBH and taking over the thread.

The little duel is over, dont worry. I'm just trying to understand the system more so i can ask my mate with the insight login more in depth questions to post back a more reliable numbers. Im also intrigued because Yankstorm knows alot and im left feeling a bit dosile after learning practically nothing about the softix system during my 3 month internship with ticketek..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts