What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Out in the greater west, some drizzle but clearing and a fresh breeze following.

I think the great unknown of the finals series results makes this a big match to attend because the loseing teams fanbase is not at all confident at that second chance

people will attend tonight ( neutrals too ) because it has the potential to be a ripping game of football
its a bonus its a final too

Benji... Lote ... Farah , & the Tiges looking at 9 straight
the Dragons .. Soward.., Cooper Gaz Darius , getting their sh.it together again at just the right time
50K plus in the big house , a freakin belter in prospect ....

can't wait;-)

firechild

First Grade
The other thing to consider is that a lot (most?) fans can't afford to go to every finals match. Manly fans know that this is not the last game of the season regardless of the result so a lot will wait to go to the next game, whether that happens to be next week or next fortnight. People will go on about how much money people who live on the Northern beaches have but a) not all Manly fans live on the Northern Beaches and b) a lot of them have lived there since house prices in the area were not particularly high. As was mentioned above, Tigers and Dragons fans are more likely to go because there is a reasonable possibility that the loser will be elimininated this weekend.

Re: tonight's game: Interestingly, you can still purchase eight straight seats in Categories 1, 2 and 3 in the lower bowl. Though if you select Category 1, it states tickets are in bay 134 - which is illustrated as Category 2 as per the official venue map :crazy:

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
The other thing to consider is that a lot (most?) fans can't afford to go to every finals match. Manly fans know that this is not the last game of the season regardless of the result so a lot will wait to go to the next game, whether that happens to be next week or next fortnight. People will go on about how much money people who live on the Northern beaches have but a) not all Manly fans live on the Northern Beaches and b) a lot of them have lived there since house prices in the area were not particularly high. As was mentioned above, Tigers and Dragons fans are more likely to go because there is a reasonable possibility that the loser will be elimininated this weekend.

looks like Manly will be hosting a prelim final in 2 weeks
if its the Dragons or Tigers it will be at ANZ .. & there'll be no excuses
you need to get 30 or even 35K of your fans there

& if its at the SFS against the Broncos , Warriors ..Melbourne or Knights
same thing

firechild

First Grade
If I recall correctly there were around 35k at both preliminary finals in '07 and '08 when Manly were playing the Cowboys and Warriors respectively. I could be wrong though.

juro

Bench
If Manly lose this weekend, will their game the following week definitely be in Sydney?

firechild

First Grade
Wikipedia (accurately or otherwise) lists the 2007 prelim as 32,611 and the 2008 prelim as 32,095. Not bad against out of state opposition. Interestingly, of the 4 qualifying finals in 2008, Manly's game drew the largest crowd.

juro

Bench
Playing with the NRL predictor, the result of tonight's game doesn't affect whether Manly play in Sydney next week if they lose. Assuming Manly lose tomorrow, the possibilities are:

If Brisbane lose and Storm win: Manly play Warriors in Auckland
If Brisbane lose and Storm lose: Manly play Knights (is this in Newcastle or Sydney?)
If Brisbane win and Storm win: Manly play either Tigers or Dragons in Sydney
If Brisbane win and Storm lose: Manly play Knights (again, not sure where played)

firechild

First Grade
Correct, and the most likely result is both Melbourne and Brisbane winning. The only thing that would be decided by the game tonight would be Manly's week 2 opponent, assuming we lose and both Melbourne and brisbane win. This is why I said most likely yes, because the most likely outcome is that Melbourne and brisbane will both win. They are both favourites playing at home against out of state/country opponents.

If we play the Knights next weekend then it will be in Newcastle.

Evenflow

Bench

That might account for a small minority but most of them will be just be too lazy to get off their blurters to cross the bridge just like pretty much every other game that's not played at Brookevale.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Playing with the NRL predictor, the result of tonight's game doesn't affect whether Manly play in Sydney next week if they lose. Assuming Manly lose tomorrow, the possibilities are:

If Brisbane lose and Storm win: Manly play Warriors in Auckland
If Brisbane lose and Storm lose: Manly play Knights (is this in Newcastle or Sydney?)
If Brisbane win and Storm win: Manly play either Tigers or Dragons in Sydney
If Brisbane win and Storm lose: Manly play Knights (again, not sure where played)

If Manly play the Knights in week 2... it will be in Newcastle at Ausgrid.

firechild

First Grade
That might account for a small minority but most of them will be just be too lazy to get off their blurters to cross the bridge just like pretty much every other game that's not played at Brookevale.

As many Manly supporters get to away games as away fans travel to Brookvale.

Evenflow

Bench
As many Manly supporters get to away games as away fans travel to Brookvale.

Other fans have an good reason though, Brookvale is a shithole where there's also a fair chance you'll either get verbally abused, get can thrown at you that may or may not be half full or both those things. Can you blame them for not wanting to go there?

firechild

First Grade
I went to 1 Bulldogs home game as a child, I was 9, my sisters were 7 and 11. We were pelted with beer cans at the end of the game because Manly won, who throws beer cans at kids just because of the team they support? I would suggest that there are drunk idiots at every club. I've seen fans being abused outside Parra stadium after games. If you think these incidents are limited to Brookvale Oval then you're an idiot.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Other fans have an good reason though, Brookvale is a shithole where there's also a fair chance you'll either get verbally abused, get can thrown at you that may or may not be half full or both those things. Can you blame them for not wanting to go there?

Blue bloods eh?

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
If I recall correctly there were around 35k at both preliminary finals in '07 and '08 when Manly were playing the Cowboys and Warriors respectively. I could be wrong though.

Manly vs Warriors - 2008 - 32,095.
Manly vs Cowboys - 2007 - 32,611.

juro

Bench
The weather in Sydney seems to have been improving steadily this afternoon. Despite being pretty cold, I haven't seen any umbrellas in the CBD for a couple hours. Now there are decent sections of blue sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.