What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIOGENES

Juniors
The totals for 2010 and 2011 after 15 rounds are just about equal. With the exception of Round 26 all of 2010's big rounds occurred in the first 10 - with reasonable weather and a good competition this will be another record year.

docbrown

Coach
The totals for 2010 and 2011 after 15 rounds are just about equal. With the exception of Round 26 all of 2010's big rounds occurred in the first 10 - with reasonable weather and a good competition this will be another record year.

Normally by about Round 17-18 we get out of the Origin dip. I said a few weeks ago that there are enough big post-origin games so that we'll set a new record as long as we get through the origin period.

Do you know how big the difference is at the moment?

DIOGENES

Juniors
I might have added it up incorrectly but I make it:
2010 1,784,081 Ave 16,519
2011 1,777,627 Ave 16,460

A drop of .36%

docbrown

Coach
I might have added it up incorrectly but I make it:
2010 1,784,081 Ave 16,519
2011 1,777,627 Ave 16,460

A drop of .36%

Well looking at Round 16 last year we need about 127k this weekend (round average 15.88k) to be entirely caught up.

I don't think we'll get that though. I think we'll get about 115k.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The following is a list of games remaining through the season that should draw higher than average crowds. I.e... "blockbusters".

R16
Fri 7:30 Tigers/Bulldogs @ Campbelltown
Mon 7pm Dragons/Manly @ Wollongong

R17
Fri 7:30 Eels/Broncos @ Parramatta

R18
Fri 7:30 Eels/Tigers @ Parramatta

R19
Fri 7:30 Broncos/Titans @ Suncorp
Sat 7:30 Panthers/Eels @ Centrebet
Sun 3:00 Knights/Manly @ Ausgrid
Mon 7:00 Dragons/Sharks @ Kogarah

R20
Fri 7:30 Bulldogs/Eels @ ANZ
Fri 7:30 Storm/Broncos @ AAMI
Mon 7:00 Raiders/Dragons @ Canberra

R21
Fri 7:30 Manly/Tigers @ Gosford

R22
Souths/Eels @ ANZ
Tigers/Dragons @ SCG

R23
Cowboys/Broncos @ DFS
Dragons/Roosters @ Wollongong
Eels/Manly @ Parramatta

R24
Knights/Broncos @ Ausgrid
Storm/Dragons @ AAMI
Tigers/Eels @ SFS

R25
Manly/Storm @ Brookvale

R26
Broncos/Manly @ Suncorp

And really, many of those will depend on the form of teams as to whether they reach their true potential.

On a side note, R25 and 26 are disappointing. No significant rivalry clashes/blockbuster event games.

M2D2

Bench
Souths fan don't travel to night games now? :lol:
Are you trolling?
Havent we been over the difference between two sydney clubs on a beautiful sunday arvo vs an interstate team on a cold and miserable friday night?

The following is a list of games remaining through the season that should draw higher than average crowds. I.e... "blockbusters".

R16
Fri 7:30 Tigers/Bulldogs @ Campbelltown
Mon 7pm Dragons/Manly @ Wollongong

R17
Fri 7:30 Eels/Broncos @ Parramatta

R18
Fri 7:30 Eels/Tigers @ Parramatta

R19
Fri 7:30 Broncos/Titans @ Suncorp
Sat 7:30 Panthers/Eels @ Centrebet
Sun 3:00 Knights/Manly @ Ausgrid
Mon 7:00 Dragons/Sharks @ Kogarah

R20
Fri 7:30 Bulldogs/Eels @ ANZ
Fri 7:30 Storm/Broncos @ AAMI
Mon 7:00 Raiders/Dragons @ Canberra

R21
Fri 7:30 Manly/Tigers @ Gosford

R22
Souths/Eels @ ANZ
Tigers/Dragons @ SCG

R23
Cowboys/Broncos @ DFS
Dragons/Roosters @ Wollongong
Eels/Manly @ Parramatta

R24
Knights/Broncos @ Ausgrid
Storm/Dragons @ AAMI
Tigers/Eels @ SFS

R25
Manly/Storm @ Brookvale

R26
Broncos/Manly @ Suncorp

And really, many of those will depend on the form of teams as to whether they reach their true potential.

On a side note, R25 and 26 are disappointing. No significant rivalry clashes/blockbuster event games.

The Tigers v Roosters game at Leichhardt in round 20 will not draw a capacity crowd because it on a Saturday night, but it will still attract a decent turn up - maybe 15 - 18k. As for the round 25 clash with the Cows at Campbelltown, the size of the crowd will depends on scheduling and how we're traveling. If we're still a chance of making the 8, which is pretty likely, it could be 20k.

Swamp

Juniors
What crowd figure can we expect in Perth on Fri night?
Less then 15k would very disappointing, saying that there looks like there is a decent looking front coming through Friday morning which may keep the walk ups down.

Swamp

BDGS

Bench
Are you trolling?
Havent we been over the difference between two sydney clubs on a beautiful sunday arvo vs an interstate team on a cold and miserable friday night?

I didn't say there wasn't a difference, all I'm saying is it isn't a 6k difference. Bulldogs vs titans @ ANZ on a "miserable" Friday night would get better then what souths got. Souths fans complaining about bulldogs crowds is a bit rich after what your club figures. And I don't mind the rabbits as a club either.

BDGS

Bench
Dragons/Sharks being a monday night wont help.

If the dogs and tigers can get 25k and the sea eagles vs eels can get 13k both on Monday night. A realistic outcome for the sharks/dragons rivalry is anywhere between 18k and a sell out.

M2D2

Bench
I didn't say there wasn't a difference, all I'm saying is it isn't a 6k difference. Bulldogs vs titans @ ANZ on a "miserable" Friday night would get better then what souths got. Souths fans complaining about bulldogs crowds is a bit rich after what your club figures. And I don't mind the rabbits as a club either.

I havent been on this forum for long. But Souths fans on this forum will complain about about a blade of grass coming from the field and landing on their shoe.
Thats just the impression i get.
The fact you got less than the game i was at(tigers), was dissapointing, but compared to the 8k on friday, no contest.
If the dogs and tigers can get 25k and the sea eagles vs eels can get 13k both on Monday night. A realistic outcome for the sharks/dragons rivalry is anywhere between 18k and a sell out.
If the weather gods decide to repeat round 2. 18k is laughable.
That game should have been a sunday arvo. Would have sold out weeks ago.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
I havent been on this forum for long. But Souths fans on this forum will complain about about a blade of grass coming from the field and landing on their shoe.
Thats just the impression i get.
The fact you got less than the game i was at(tigers), was dissapointing, but compared to the 8k on friday, no contest.

If the weather gods decide to repeat round 2. 18k is laughable.
That game should have been a sunday arvo. Would have sold out weeks ago.

Who didn't expect the tigers to get close to a sell out? And who thought a game played between a team with dissapointing form against a team with most likely the worse away crowd record would of got more then that tigers game?

Or other words, that result was always going to happen. I actually expected a lower crowd then what we got against the sharks, so I'm happy with that.

I'm not sure what round 2 weather had got to do with the 2 games mentioned. One was played in round 1 and the other last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.