What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nko11

Juniors
you'd of got more then 10K .. maybe 15K
but it would have been a pointless excersise moving a game V the cowboys or most out of town sides ..away from Kogarah or WIN
those games usually won't test the capacity

Like I have been saying though
games V the Bulldogs .. Tigers .. Souths . Parra etc etc have to played elsewhere to maximixe the potential attendance
this is where the Dragons are not being smart .. & in fact are being quite dumb:?

Yes master... we shall do what you say. I mean you've contributed so much support/finance to our club i guess its only fair.

Our fans don't want to move the games, why should we do it for the couple of people who are so obsessed with getting the NRL's average up. We will continue not to move these games and our fans will continue to be happy. :D

Goddo

Bench
the faders should shift all games to Wembley. Its bigger than the 1970s attitude Canberra Stadium.

Also, all Brisbane games should be shifted to Dallas Cowboys Stadium, as Suncorp is antiquated.

_Johnsy

Referee
games V the Bulldogs .. Tigers .. Souths . Parra etc etc have to played elsewhere to maximixe the potential attendance
this is where the Dragons are not being smart .. & in fact are being quite dumb:?

I was sure we moved a home game to the SCG only a few weeks ago & we got over 31k.

So what exactly are Cambewa doing to maximise potential attendances ?............ SFA.

I find it amusing when Faiders fans tell our club what they should be doing to increase attendences, yet their club does sweet f**k all.

oval

Juniors
Reckon there'll be a pretty meagre crowd at Brookvale tonight - its lookin grey, cold and moist. Still, looking forward seeing what kind of reception Orford gets...

And channel 9/FOX/whoever - up yr bum for giving Manly four Monday night games in a row. Would've loved to see the Parra and St George games on a Sunday arvo...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Reckon there'll be a pretty meagre crowd at Brookvale tonight - its lookin grey, cold and moist. Still, looking forward seeing what kind of reception Orford gets...

And channel 9/FOX/whoever - up yr bum for giving Manly four Monday night games in a row. Would've loved to see the Parra and St George games on a Sunday arvo...
lolwut? In a row?

Try two. Tonight and next week. Their next Monday night games are Round 15 and 16.

Saints game is in Wollongong too btw.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Congratulations to the Bulldogs for putting on this promotion, and I hope they get 42,000, but I'm sorry but their claim that the current Sydney record for a regular season match stands at 41,835, set during the final round clash between the Bulldogs and the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium in 2009 is utter bvllsh*t.

The current Sydney record (excluding double-headers) is 55,934 for Balmain vs St. George at the SCG on 19 June 1966.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/?s=article-display&id=36543

42,000 – Will You Be 1?

9/05/2011 3:52:16 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will shoot for a new regular-season record crowd for an NRL match played in Sydney when they host the St. George-Illawarra Dragons this Friday night at ANZ Stadium.

The current Sydney record for a regular season match stands at 41,835, set during the final round clash between the Bulldogs and the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium in 2009.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Todd Greenberg says with the respective supporter bases both Clubs boast, and the rich competitive history of big games between them, this installment of the Bulldogs-Dragons rivalry deserves a record-breaking crowd.

“This arguably one of the most important games for the Bulldogs in 2011,” Greenberg says.

“Let me assure you of one thing – Friday night’s not a game to watch at home. This is an important one, so vote with your feet. Get inside ANZ Stadium on Friday night, be at the game, and be a part of something really special.

“Our boys are fired up, they’re playing the benchmark team of the competition. They know it’s going to be tough, and we need every single one of you. We’re asking for 42,000 plus, it will be a very historic and significant night if we can generate those sort of numbers.

“Get to Ticketek, get a ticket, get inside ANZ Stadium, and be a part of it.”

Tickets are selling fast, so to guarantee your seat, visit Ticketek

Unfortunately, you live at one of the arse end's of the universe.

Let me tell you what it was like over here...

Before the match I met with friends at the top of Jubilee Avenue at the Royal Hotel, had a schooner or Reschs. My friend Bill and I talked about the days in the 1990s when Geoff Carr was trying to destroy the club, and how Kogarah was struggling to get 10K, we saw 4,000 one day. But thanks to a fan revolt we beat Carr, kicked him out.

But rather than hold a grudge, we were rejoicing the fact that we were in a pub next to the ground and we were surrounded by hundreds of fellow Saints supporters on game day.

We made the short walk down the hill to Jubilee Oval. There were people everywhere.

Went through the NW gate, was immediately greeted by more familiar faces. Got myself a beer - very short queue. All new serving areas.

A few steps later I was in the grandstand.

Beautiful sunshine... brand new modern northern grandstand, packed and easy access. Wonderful views of Botany Bay, and tremendous views of the Dragon Army on the hill. A sea of red and white.

I saw one Cowboys supporter and shaked his hand.

After the game we wandered over the road to the St George Leagues Club. Saw a couple of players.

Perth Red, you'd be welcomed any of the day of week at our suburban ground.

Quite frankly, I think the experience I had today is something you would kill for.
I've been to your suburban ground and was a nice day out and 17k there back in 2003. I enjoyed it but Kogarah needs a stand on the opposite side now.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've been to your suburban ground and was a nice day out and 17k there back in 2003. I enjoyed it but Kogarah needs a stand on the opposite side now.
It has changed a lot since 2003.

The capacity is now 22,000 which on par with Parramatta (20K) and Leichhardt (20K) and Brookvale (23K).

The western grandstand is now quite massive (which you most likely won't see much of on TV), spanning from the south west to the north west corners. A lot of it is brand new. Not crammed in like other grounds either. It's also quite affordable for season ticket holders wih cat 1, 2 and 3. Plus there are quite a few new corporate boxes.

This was the final upgrade and is a plan that has been in place since 2003. So the eastern hill will not be built on in the foreseeable future - which a popular move. The ground has the western undercover seating so it caters for everyone.

ouwet

Bench
Congratulations to the Bulldogs for putting on this promotion, and I hope they get 42,000, but I'm sorry but their claim that the current Sydney record for a regular season match stands at 41,835, set during the final round clash between the Bulldogs and the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium in 2009 is utter bvllsh*t.

The current Sydney record (excluding double-headers) is 55,934 for Balmain vs St. George at the SCG on 19 June 1966.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/?s=article-display&id=36543

42,000 – Will You Be 1?

9/05/2011 3:52:16 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will shoot for a new regular-season record crowd for an NRL match played in Sydney when they host the St. George-Illawarra Dragons this Friday night at ANZ Stadium.

The current Sydney record for a regular season match stands at 41,835, set during the final round clash between the Bulldogs and the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium in 2009.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Todd Greenberg says with the respective supporter bases both Clubs boast, and the rich competitive history of big games between them, this installment of the Bulldogs-Dragons rivalry deserves a record-breaking crowd.

“This arguably one of the most important games for the Bulldogs in 2011,” Greenberg says.

“Let me assure you of one thing – Friday night’s not a game to watch at home. This is an important one, so vote with your feet. Get inside ANZ Stadium on Friday night, be at the game, and be a part of something really special.

“Our boys are fired up, they’re playing the benchmark team of the competition. They know it’s going to be tough, and we need every single one of you. We’re asking for 42,000 plus, it will be a very historic and significant night if we can generate those sort of numbers.

“Get to Ticketek, get a ticket, get inside ANZ Stadium, and be a part of it.”

Tickets are selling fast, so to guarantee your seat, visit Ticketek

It will be an NRL record (Since 1998, excl. double headers)...

STG-MACCA

Bench
It has changed a lot since 2003.

The capacity is now 22,000 which on par with Parramatta (20K) and Leichhardt (20K) and Brookvale (23K).

The western grandstand is now quite massive (which you most likely won't see much of on TV), spanning from the south west to the north west corners. A lot of it is brand new. Not crammed in like other grounds either. It's also quite affordable for season ticket holders wih cat 1, 2 and 3. Plus there are quite a few new corporate boxes.

This was the final upgrade and is a plan that has been in place since 2003. So the eastern hill will not be built on in the foreseeable future - which a popular move. The ground has the western undercover seating so it caters for everyone.

Pictures:

Saints_Cowboys_RD9001.jpg

Saints_Cowboys_RD9002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.