What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didgi

Canberra - 5 games - 13,413 home crowd average
Factors:
- Coming off a successful season
- Having THE DUGAN
- 350k city, relatively close to other supporter bases (Sydney)
- Missing a balding half that plays like a first grader for half the year

NQ - 5 games - 12,578 home crowd average
Factors:
- Coming off several shit seasons, where the team hasn't even tried.
- A monster cyclone ripping through much of the supporter area, leaving many without disposable income
- Dodgy gate stations that were not counting memberships correctly - so the average should be above yours anyway, but cant be fixed because there are no definite amounts
- 180k city, with another 150k city 4 hours away, massively removed from other supporter bases.

Last edited:

nko11

Juniors
If anyone here thinks that we would have got more at ANZ or SFS then you are an idiot. The Crowd was never going to be more then 13K no matter where you played it.

I thought all Dragons fans loved Kogarah?

We love it more then any other ground that this game could of been played at (besides maybe Wollongong). But you seem to know alot about everything, where do you propose we play it so it gets 30K...

nko11

Juniors
let's work this out Two Teams, again

Average Broncos crowd this year ~32k. Population 2 million

Average Raiders crowd this year ~13.5k. Population ~ 400k including Queanbeyan (~ 350k without)

32000/2000000 = 0.016 or 1.16%
13500/400000 = 0.0338 or 3.38%

Excuses!

Canberra - 5 games - 13,413 home crowd average
Factors:
- Coming off a successful season
- Having THE DUGAN
- 350k city
- Missing a balding half that plays like a first grader for half the year

NQ - 5 games - 12,578 home crowd average
Factors:
- Coming off two shit seasons, where the team hasn't even tried.
- A monster cyclone ripping through much of the supporter area, leaving many without disposable income
- Dodgy gate stations that were not counting memberships correctly - so the average should be above yours anyway, but cant be fixed because there are no definite amounts
- 180k city, with another 150k city 4 hours away

I agree, NQ get great crowds for a city so small compared to the rest of the league

I never said the Raiders crowds are awesome, but fact is compartively they get far better crowds than teams like the Broncos do. To match our level "per capita" the Broncos would need to average roughly 67k every week.

Only complete dumbarses like Timmah would actually dispute that fact

beave

Coach
17k at Skilled my ass, more like 12k. They have been inflating their crowd numbers for the last 3 years those merkins. Just put up the real figure FFS.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Dragons fans, why were the stands at kogarah never re-orientated to make a rectangular field? And will the southern end be upgraded at any time to a seated stand?

Also parra fans i noticed on the parra stadium wiki page it says in 2007 the PST announced plans to re build the southern stand to accomodate an extra 2700 odd people. Whats the go with that, will it ever happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parramatta_Stadium

Coaster

Bench
17k at Skilled my ass, more like 12k. They have been inflating their crowd numbers for the last 3 years those merkins. Just put up the real figure FFS.

Wtf now your an expert at counting crowds through a tv screen too? LOL
Eastern stand was empty, it was also in blaring hot sun all day, which made people swamp the 2 end stands and Western. I was at the ground and thought we had cracked 20k today, there was a lot of people there, a f#cking tonne of kiwis

beave

Coach
Wtf now your an expert at counting crowds through a tv screen too? LOL
Eastern stand was empty, it was also in blaring hot sun all day, which made people swamp the 2 end stands and Western. I was at the ground and thought we had cracked 20k today, there was a lot of people there, a f#cking tonne of kiwis

hahaha, yeah because they don't show the crowd at all during the coverage......... :roll:

You can take the piss all you want at my 'crowd counting', but I was proven right if you are referring to our earlier games up here so I guess the proof is in the pudding eh???????

Last edited:

Coaster

Bench
hahaha, yeah because they don't show the crowd at all during the coverage......... :roll:

You can take the piss all you want, but I was proven right so I guess the proof is in the pudding eh???????

I don't give a f#ck what they show in tv. I was there, I was in the trains, I was fighting to get a beer, and there was a big crowd there today. It's a pity about 4 k of them missed the start due to QRail, at 1:57pm there was thousands still trying to get in.

busterc

Juniors
f**k me, the depth of your stupidity is truly amazing. And LOL for discounting the crowd simply because it's on a Friday night. It's pointless explaining to you but here it goes

let's work this out Two Teams, again

Average Broncos crowd this year ~32k. Population 2 million

Average Raiders crowd this year ~13.5k. Population ~ 400k including Queanbeyan (~ 350k without)

32000/2000000 = 0.016 or 1.16%
13500/400000 = 0.0338 or 3.38%

Sorry but you obviously forgot about Australias rugby league capital.
Rosewood, Qld - Population 1966.
Rosewood roosters average home crowd - 82
82/1966 = 0.0417 or 4.17%

And dont forget the Olympic powerhouse The Bahamas who with a medal to population ratio of 1/149000 at the 2004 olympics are the greatest olympic nation ever.

HowHigh

Coach
Sorry but you obviously forgot about Australias rugby league capital.
Rosewood, Qld - Population 1966.
Rosewood roosters average home crowd - 82
82/1966 = 0.0417 or 4.17%

And dont forget the Olympic powerhouse The Bahamas who with a medal to population ratio of 1/149000 at the 2004 olympics are the greatest olympic nation ever.
:lol:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Dragons fans, why were the stands at kogarah never re-orientated to make a rectangular field? And will the southern end be upgraded at any time to a seated stand?

Also parra fans i noticed on the parra stadium wiki page it says in 2007 the PST announced plans to re build the southern stand to accomodate an extra 2700 odd people. Whats the go with that, will it ever happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parramatta_Stadium

Those plans are the first stage in the Parramatta Stadium master plan, which will, in the long term allow the stadium to hold around 30K. The southern stand will be built first, although i believe it still needs government funding.

Jason Maher

Immortal
We turn up in droves to help other teams' home crowds. Fans of other teams should be thanking us, not bagging us.

Oh, and if RP's per-capita shite isn't the single most stupid and irrelevant piece of analysis ever on this site, I'd dearly love to see what is.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Smashed Parramatta at Kogarah: 19K

Smashed Townsville at Kogarah: 13K

Common theme... smashed.

Raiders wooden spooners.

Meanwhile, Brutus still has no team to support.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Amazingly, even after dominating a Grand Final crowd with up to 45-50k of the support that day, Raiduhs Premiuhs still thinks the Dragons are fair game, while Canberra's charging an arm and a leg, not offering proper family tickets, having more exorbitant than normal F&B options, and generally being shit is above any sort of criticism.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
13k for the best team in the comp,anybody want to continue the suburban ground debate? :)

Unfortunately, you live at one of the arse end's of the universe.

Let me tell you what it was like over here...

Before the match I met with friends at the top of Jubilee Avenue at the Royal Hotel, had a schooner or Reschs. My friend Bill and I talked about the days in the 1990s when Geoff Carr was trying to destroy the club, and how Kogarah was struggling to get 10K, we saw 4,000 one day. But thanks to a fan revolt we beat Carr, kicked him out.

But rather than hold a grudge, we were rejoicing the fact that we were in a pub next to the ground and we were surrounded by hundreds of fellow Saints supporters on game day.

We made the short walk down the hill to Jubilee Oval. There were people everywhere.

Went through the NW gate, was immediately greeted by more familiar faces. Got myself a beer - very short queue. All new serving areas.

A few steps later I was in the grandstand.

Beautiful sunshine... brand new modern northern grandstand, packed and easy access. Wonderful views of Botany Bay, and tremendous views of the Dragon Army on the hill. A sea of red and white.

I saw one Cowboys supporter and shaked his hand.

After the game we wandered over the road to the St George Leagues Club. Saw a couple of players.

Perth Red, you'd be welcomed any of the day of week at our suburban ground.

Quite frankly, I think the experience I had today is something you would kill for.

to_ddeath

Coach
Plus there's actually far more to see and do in Sydney than go to a footy game even for casual supporters who would bump the crowd figures up every so often. Whereas in Canberra, there's f*ck all else to do other than go to the game. Far more options in a 4-5 million populated city than a 350k one that's for sure.
I've seen far far worse crowds at Kogarah than the one we had today....and that's in the past v other sydney teams & not against NQ.
LOL @ RPs shithouse & useless analysis. Would drag it out for a cockroach race on a brick f*cking wall if he could.....

T.

brad_19

Juniors
The 'far more to do' excuse is pathetic imo. Melbourne has a fantastic mix of entertainment in the form of the arts - concerts, theatres, museums, cinemas, galleries etc. We also have other sporting codes, amateur/club level sport and a massive pub/bar/nightclub scene.

Yet our major football code can draw an average of 40-50k in Melbourne across 9 teams. Stadium centralisation certainly helps, but crowds were massive prior to that occurring. If people are interested in their footy, they should make it a priority to attend and support their club. If they don't, then say what you like, but IMO, they're not a true supporter. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.