What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
do you get binoculars with your membership? Thought from the other shots I was looking at GWS new AFL ground! What's with keeping it oval, do they play AFL or cricket there?
Bored?

How's the footy crowds in Perth?

To answer: the view is fantastic.

Here it is again, just for you :D

Kogarah_2011-05-01.jpg

Suburban rugby league. Tremendous to see.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
As an 8 or 10 year old, having the zone athletics carnival at Kogarah oval was probably the biggest sporting buzz I'd had, was very cool to run the 400m around the ground then go sit on (what were) the aluminium seats the players used to sit on.

Its a community venue and part of what makes it so special...I have a seat in the grandstand to watch my local team play at a ground I used to throw shotputs on in primary school.

You can have your ANZ!!

Rooster 4th? Wow....

Our games against Manly, Brisbane and even the Dragons were affected by rain......conservatively cost us 10k fans over the 3 games meaning our average could be up around the 23k mark so far.

But I guess we still have no fans......

PS - Understand other clubs have been affected too, but an average over over 20k makes some of the comments about Rooster crowds seem a bit silly.

BUT...easts would never expect that figure on years when ANZAC day was a dragons home game

kurt faulk

Coach
Don't get me wrong, the stadium is fantastic. It's as good as any stadium I've been in. But if I really care about the game, the only view that is good enough for me is on TV. I'll go along to a game I don't care about for a few beers and a laugh, but there is no stadium on earth that can give you a better viewing experience for our sport than TV.

I know I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way and it's a big reason why the crowd numbers don't reflect the popularity of our sport.

i know plenty of people that only watch league on tv, it's the best tv sport going round. i love watching it on tv but the kids are at the age now where they want to go to the ground so i take them to a few games. but if it wasn't for the kids i'd happily stay at home and watch the saints games. the tv people know how popular league is, they don't care about crowd figures like some of the nimrods in here.

still, for a city of over 4 million people to only attract 31k a game every fortnight is awful. there are 9 sydney teams to fight it out in sydney, only 1 in brisbane. there needs to be another team in brisbane. it must be awful for alot of people in brisbane to only have one team to support, especially such a despicable one like the broncos.

beave

Coach
i know plenty of people that only watch league on tv, it's the best tv sport going round. i love watching it on tv but the kids are at the age now where they want to go to the ground so i take them to a few games. but if it wasn't for the kids i'd happily stay at home and watch the saints games. the tv people know how popular league is, they don't care about crowd figures like some of the nimrods in here.

still, for a city of over 4 million people to only attract 31k a game every fortnight is awful. there are 9 sydney teams to fight it out in sydney, only 1 in brisbane. there needs to be another team in brisbane. it must be awful for alot of people in brisbane to only have one team to support, especially such a despicable one like the broncos.

are you talking about Brisbane Kurt????

kurt faulk

Coach

damn it, i was looking at queensland's population. brisbane only has 1 million people.

my mistake. they still need a second team though.

TheDalek079

Bench
last year in consecutive home games Easts got

round 16 home 20721
round 17 away
round 18 home 18424
round 19 home 19129
round 20 away
round 21 away
round 22 home 37994

and that was with no ANZAC Day match boosting our numbers

not bad for a team with no fans:roll::roll:

STG-MACCA

Bench
Here is a view from a seat in the grandstand - it's actually a great view, and way better than a parramatta stadium if you are between the dead ball line and the 20m due to the curve, it gives a great angle for viewing.

IMG_2279.jpg

It's from last years semi when the ground apparently had room for another 5 or 6k

Teddyboy

First Grade
I can actually see this game getting bigger as the individual memberships grow at the two clubs.

There's just something about Red-Blue match-up in sports that's seeded in the collective unconscious.

Thats true like a big Boxing match from the 1980's.
Mind u just wish they give a bit of breathing space on the Bulldogs jersey neck,while the Dragons is a bit better but not perfect.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Here's a tip: Rupert Murdoch (despite being a South Australian) bought Rugby League not AFL. He didn't care about the numbers attending matches but he knew that RL was a great TV sport and AFL looks like crap.

Paullyboy

Coach
This is true. Unfortunately the TV execs are smarter than the NRL execs and they know how to play down the value of our game by pointing out our poor crowd figures in order to drive down the price they have to pay to get our game.

If we had competent administration, the NRL rights would go for more than the AFL rights.

CMUX

As an 8 or 10 year old, having the zone athletics carnival at Kogarah oval was probably the biggest sporting buzz I'd had, was very cool to run the 400m around the ground then go sit on (what were) the aluminium seats the players used to sit on.

Ah the memories!

I too remember those metal seats and that little shop that used to be open at the back on carnival days.

BUT...easts would never expect that figure on years when ANZAC day was a dragons home game

You mean like last year...

Raiderdave

First Grade
This is true. Unfortunately the TV execs are smarter than the NRL execs and they know how to play down the value of our game by pointing out our poor crowd figures in order to drive down the price they have to pay to get our game.

If we had competent administration, the NRL rights would go for more than the AFL rights.

what do crowd figures have to do with the value of TV rights :?

its the number of bums on seats in lounge rooms ... & also where those lounge rooms are
not bums on seats at grounds

the 2 aren't linked....

Jono1987

Juniors
15,500 to a semi at your cow paddock of a ground

26,476 to a semi at ours .. tickets sold out in a day in a half
would have got 35K to 40K if we'd had a ground big enough

Kogarah ....:lol::lol::lol:

Look I know being a Faders supporter means being involved with a crowd of 26k is special. Our crowd for that semi was crap. No doubt. But the thing is Raiderdave, our world conquering club has been involved in much larger crowds than the Faders. Much larger. No comparison actually. Get stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.