What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono1987

Juniors
lol "involved"

you can't even sell out Kogarah, rack off dickhead

Hey now superstar! Aren't you busy fending off everyone (including your fellow supporters) in your dedicated thread? :lol::lol::lol: Either way your claim is wrong, we have sold out Kogarah before. And we have been involved in a load of big crowds and games. To deny this is pure delusion but coming from you, just the stock standard dribble we all have to endure.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Look I know being a Faders supporter means being involved with a crowd of 26k is special. Our crowd for that semi was crap. No doubt. But the thing is Raiderdave, our world conquering club has been involved in much larger crowds than the Faders. Much larger. No comparison actually. Get stuffed.

a world conquering club eh?... that were minor premiers 2 years running right ? ... yet they could only attract a crowd to a semi against another sydney side .. on a lovely afternoon

that some clubs would attract to a BBQ
the only thing world conquering about that .. is embarrasment

ah the Dragons :lol::lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fancy Raiders fans talking to Dragons fans about embarrassment.

Jono1987

Juniors
a world conquering club eh?... that were minor premiers 2 years running right ? ... yet they could only attract a crowd to a semi against another sydney side .. on a lovely afternoon

that some clubs would attract to a BBQ
the only thing world conquering about that .. is embarrasment

ah the Dragons :lol::lol::lol:

Yes Raidersdave winning the World Club Challenge meant we would carry the mantle of 'world conquering' until the next WWC is held.

I already said the crowd at our semi was crap. However I find it laughably hypocritical that a Raiders supporter would make fun of any other club's crowds. You single out one game at Kogarah, that admittedly had extra significance. What about all the 10,11,12,13k crowds the Raiders regularly attract on Sunday afternoons? Why don't you do some research and find out the average home crowds for Raiders over the past couple of years? Hmmmmmmmmm

DIOGENES

Juniors
Re TV Rights: I thought the problem (and the start of the superleague war) was that the RL execs in 1995 had no idea what they were dealing with. 5 years of cable rights were sold to Packer for $1M. It takes a long time to build up the value of rights from that level.

docbrown

Coach
Re TV Rights: I thought the problem (and the start of the superleague war) was that the RL execs in 1995 had no idea what they were dealing with. 5 years of cable rights were sold to Packer for $1M. It takes a long time to build up the value of rights from that level.

They had a limited understanding of just how big subscription television would become.

If they hadn't sold those cable rights for a pittance, they may have even sold them to Murdoch seperately or had enough money to fight off the Super League approach. Either way things could have turned out much different.

However - it did happen so it's all just a case of woulda/coulda/shoulda/didn't.

Spark Plug

Juniors
At least we won't have to put up with this dribble next season once the Raiders are relegated down to first division. Oh shit, wrong sport.....

Raiderdave

First Grade
Yes Raidersdave winning the World Club Challenge meant we would carry the mantle of 'world conquering' until the next WWC is held.

I already said the crowd at our semi was crap. However I find it laughably hypocritical that a Raiders supporter would make fun of any other club's crowds. You single out one game at Kogarah, that admittedly had extra significance. What about all the 10,11,12,13k crowds the Raiders regularly attract on Sunday afternoons? Why don't you do some research and find out the average home crowds for Raiders over the past couple of years? Hmmmmmmmmm

we attract 10, 11 , 12 ,13K crowds having been relatively unsuccesful as a club... even this year when we are dead last

the Dragons attract this many when they are premiers .. & minor premiers 2 years running .. & have only lost 1 game in 2011 :shock:

big difference bucko
how bout you do some research yourself :lol::lol:

Billythekid

First Grade
Dragons crowds are fine. I think it's ridiculous that a raiders fan would be insulting the dragons crowds when they bolster your average every year by bring down a sh*tload of away support.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Dragons crowds are fine. I think it's ridiculous that a raiders fan would be insulting the dragons crowds when they bolster your average every year by bring down a sh*tload of away support.

6000 of their fans over 12 home games bolsters our average by a whopping

whoooop dee doooo :roll:

Jono1987

Juniors
we attract 10, 11 , 12 ,13K crowds having been relatively unsuccesful as a club... even this year when we are dead last

the Dragons attract this many when they are premiers .. & minor premiers 2 years running .. & have only lost 1 game in 2011 :shock:

big difference bucko

Yes and Kogarah is in Sydney. Where there are 7 other rugby league teams. Down in Canberra there is one. One team to support. Your crowds are still bad. Checked out how many memberships our mighty club has? Has the thought ever occured to you that there is more than one way to show your support for a club?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Yes and Kogarah is in Sydney. Where there are 7 other rugby league teams. Down in Canberra there is one. One team to support. Your crowds are still bad. Checked out how many memberships our mighty club has? Has the thought ever occured to you that there is more than one way to show your support for a club?

being in closer proximity to 7 other sydney sides is an advantage ... not a disadvantage

& at least your admitting your 20K members don't join up to actually attend games ...
support in other ways is not what we are talking about , its people through the gate at Kogarah
I maintain ... considering where our two clubs are on the ladder & how we've gone over the last few years
the Raiders do better then the Dragons
the Dragons choose to play most of the games at a ground that has limited appeal & capacity
Dragons fans talk of their love for Kogarah .. but that apparently doesn't involve going there
they can cop the barbs & jibes when they sit their satisfied with a maximum home crowd of just 20K
I mean.... paaaaleeeeaasseeee

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
6000 of their fans over 12 home games bolsters our average by a whopping

whoooop dee doooo :roll:

Regardless your biggest game of the year comes as a result of dragons away fans.

Again i will say it dragons crowds are fine, they will end the year with one of the top home crowd averages and the highest away crowd average.

There are plenty of other teams who could be doing much better (including both of our clubs).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

big difference bucko

Research?

The Dragons have played 3 home games this year - 31,122 - 19,319 - 13,056

How the f**k is that "10, 11, 12, 13K"?

Status
Not open for further replies.