What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullyboy

Coach
what do crowd figures have to do with the value of TV rights :?

its the number of bums on seats in lounge rooms ... & also where those lounge rooms are
not bums on seats at grounds

the 2 aren't linked....

You're exactly right. Crowds and TV figures are completely independant of each other.

Unfortunately the general public don't see it that way, and it would appear based on the raw deal the NRL gets - that TV execs don't see it that way.

They all automatically assume that if crowds are low, interest is low. It's why AFL fans are convinced their sport is significantly more popular than any other - people perceive crowd numbers as being a true indicator of the popularity of a sport.

My point was that I'm positive there are a LOT of people just like me who don't go to games because I prefer the viewing experience of rugby league on TV - yet I'd be as passionate about the sport as anyone.

BDGS

Bench
Research?

The Dragons have played 3 home games this year - 31,122 - 19,319 - 13,056

How the f**k is that "10, 11, 12, 13K"?

Read the posts carefully?

He was talking about his own club when he said "10, 11, 12, 13K".

dragondad

First Grade
Back on topic:

Bulldogs v Dragons - 44k
Panthers v Broncos - 10k
Storm v Raiders - 12k
Rabbitohs v Tigers - 21k
Cowboys v Eels - 14k
Knights v Warriors - 17k
Sharks v Roosters - 13k
Titans v Sea Eagles - 16k

mattyg

Bench
Bulldogs v Dragons - 46k
Panthers v Broncos - 9k
Storm v Raiders - 13k
Rabbitohs v Tigers - 18k
Cowboys v Eels - 15k
Knights v Warriors - 16k
Sharks v Roosters - 12k
Titans v Sea Eagles - 15k

Didgi

Lol you dumbarse.

He said "we attract 10, 11 , 12 ,13K crowds having been relatively unsuccesful as a club". He wasn't talking about the Dragons.

:lol: f**k you're geniused. See nko11's post above, but let me walk you through it. Don't get lost, it's a hard concept.

we attract 10, 11 , 12 ,13K crowds having been relatively unsuccesful as a club... even this year when we are dead last

the Dragons attract this many when they are premiers .. & minor premiers 2 years running .. & have only lost 1 game in 2011 :shock:

Bold 1: Here the poster is referring to the crowd figure of his own club, the Canberra Raiders.
Italics 1: Here the poster says the Dragons attract this many, implying the same amount as earlier stated.

Hence, the poster is saying that both the Canberra Raiders and the St. George Illawarra Dragons attract similar fan numbers - the "10, 11 , 12 ,13K " quoted.

Do you get it now, genius?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BDGS, read his whole post, come back, admit you were wrong, then stfu.

Thanks.

BDGS

Bench
BDGS, read his whole post, come back, admit you were wrong, then stfu.

Thanks.

So far this year the Dragons home games at kogarah have be 19k and 13k. Average of 16k. Nothing to brag about, premiers only 3 thousand better then the team coming last.

I dare say that's despite having a supporter base which is more then 3,000 bigger they canbrrra's supporter base?

But dragons crowds aren't a worry? Please.

There is only two types of people that think their crowd aren't a worry. Dragons fans and fans with blinkers on.

Can't ride off the success of one big crowd at a historical venue during a special weekend of the competiton forever.

Last edited:
So far this year the Dragons home games at kogarah have be 19k and 13k. Average of 16k. Nothing to brag about, premiers only 3 thousand better then the team coming last.

I dare say that's despite having a supporter base which is more then 3,000 bigger they canbrrra's supporter base?

But dragons crowds aren't a worry? Please.

There is only two types of people that think their crowd aren't a worry. Dragons fans and fans with blinkers on.

Can't ride off the success of one big crowd at a historical venue during a special weekend of the competiton forever.

Well said mate

3 thousand above the team coming last is pretty average. Judging by their figures I'd say the Dragons are the 5th biggest team in Sydney behind Dogs, Eels, Souths and Tigers

Raiderdave

First Grade
:lol: f**k you're geniused. See nko11's post above, but let me walk you through it. Don't get lost, it's a hard concept.

Bold 1: Here the poster is referring to the crowd figure of his own club, the Canberra Raiders.
Italics 1: Here the poster says the Dragons attract this many, implying the same amount as earlier stated.

Hence, the poster is saying that both the Canberra Raiders and the St. George Illawarra Dragons attract similar fan numbers - the "10, 11 , 12 ,13K " quoted.

Do you get it now, genius?

But ..... we are on the bottom of the ladder
they are on the top

& you're lecturing BDGS on not following a simple concept :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.