What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

Coach
Both crowds are really disappointing considering all the hype the 2 teams (falsely) had, also first home games.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
i honesty thought it looked more like 17-18k at parra stadium. only the south terrace had big gaps, a few empties scattered across the main stand

16146 at canberra

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
ffs another double post, this forum is really pissing me off lately it keeps doin it + the stupd database error message

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Both decent crowds tonight, i thought Parra looked at least 17-18K, but in pouring rain 16K is still a solid effort.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Round 2 predictions
Eels v Panthers @ Parra = 19,000
Raiders v Broncos @ Canberra = 15,500

far too many low predictions for the Raiders game

15,500 ......:?
paaaleasseeee :crazy:

we'll tickle 20K
there were plenty who wanted to go on Sunday .. but were either away for the long weekend ..
went to the races ( Black Opal is our melbourne cup )
or it was too friggin hot

they'll all be there on Friday night

so what's the excuse this time? 16,000 isnt a bad crowd but considering the apparent hype again from canberra fans regarding the possible crowd, i cant help but remain perplexed :?

Billythekid

First Grade
so what's the excuse this time? 16,000 isnt a bad crowd but considering the apparent hype again from canberra fans regarding the possible crowd, i cant help but remain perplexed :?

I think some people were just getting a little ahead of themselves. How much do Canberra normally pull against the broncos? I'm guess that 16K probably isn't too bad for that match up.

shear_joy9

Coach
friday night's always a dud for canberra.

16k is actually pretty good considering only 14k turned out for the friday night final against melbourne in 03 and 18.5k for the final against in Penrith in 00.

If played on a Sunday 20k would have been reached comfortably (weather permitting)

Usain Bolt

Bench
NRL should aim for an 18k average all season, Obv our first round we are on the front foot already getting over 200k

Goddo

Bench
So far at Canberra Stadium

Raiders: 16,146 - 13,450
Average: 14,798

Brumbies: 16,027 - 13,227
Average: 14,627

That really isn't a bad start for the Raiders. In fact it would be a 2k increase on average if they can maintain it.

For comparison, the same games last year got:

vs Sharks: 9,280
vs Broncos: 14,200

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Raiders/Broncos crowd looked about 13k while the Eels/Panthers game looked about 18k

Strange when the official numbers came in

Raiderdave

First Grade

there wasn't a kid under 10 there last night... & I don't blame parents for not briging them

memo to the NRL
if you are going to play a live friday night fixture back into brisbane
then play it in QLD
8.30... it ended up 8.40 is too late for a kick off
there were people still in the car park at 10.45pm that if they lived in Tuggeranong would not have got home before 11.15pm

thats why.

Chook Norris

First Grade
just don't overestimate the crowd and we won't be disappointed ;)

but i do take your point and was shocked when i found out that game started a little late

It wouldn't be a night time game at Leichhardt without the rain. Hopefully the weather doesn't turn too many away and we still manage a healthy crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.