What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Did indeed. Considering the torrential rain an hour before the game, I expect it would have drawn about 8000 without the membership push.

11k is a disgrace to the game, we had the same conditions out at ANZ and managed to pull 18k.

All Sydney teams minimum crowd should be 15k.

Billythekid

First Grade
11k is a disgrace to the game, we had the same conditions out at ANZ and managed to pull 18k.

You were playing souths and they were playing manly, thats a bit of an unfair comparison. I want crowds to improve as well but lets not BS to try and prove our positions.

adamkungl

Immortal

bla bla bla. Prepare to be constantly disappointed then. Much like every other year, there will be a few ordinary crowds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
vs Manly, who have one of the worst member bases in the league, 11k is a decent crowd given the conditions.

As he said, two or three years back that would'v struggled to crack 8k.

BDGS, just a tip, the little button next to Quote on the right ( ) is "multiquote"

You can pick all the posts you want to respond to, then click and respond all at once instead of making 42367 consecutive posts ;-)

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Souths/Doggies crowd is sh*t when you compare it to the Parra/Panthers game

# Eels and Panthers easily played in the worst conditions this week out of any team(Doggies/Bunnies game was not even close to being as bad)
# Panthers fans don't travel
# ANZ stadium is the home ground to both the Doggies and Bunnies
# Doggies and Bunnies two of the highest membership bases in the NRL hence two of the more popular teams
# Bunnies have over 5k more ticketed members then the Eels

To only get 2k more then the Eels game was pathetic

BDGS

Bench
You were playing souths and they were playing manly, thats a bit of an unfair comparison. I want crowds to improve as well but lets not BS to try and prove our positions.

I stand by what i said, all Sydney clubs should get 15k crowd minimum.

And yes, they were playing Manly in Sydney. Not a long trip for Manly fans.

BDGS

Bench
BDGS, just a tip, the little button next to Quote on the right ( ) is "multiquote"

You can pick all the posts you want to respond to, then click and respond all at once instead of making 42367 consecutive posts ;-)

I'll take it on board.

STG-MACCA

Bench

# Eels and Panthers easily played in the worst conditions this week out of any team(Doggies/Bunnies game was not even close to being as bad)

Wait till the swamp tomorrow night!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Souths have 12k ticketed members and they were playing one of the most popular clubs in the NRL who also happen to play at the same home ground and yet the crowd was only 18k

Easily one of the biggest disgraces of all time.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

# Panthers fans don't travel
# ANZ stadium is the home ground to both the Doggies and Bunnies
# Doggies and Bunnies two of the highest membership bases in the NRL hence two of the more popular teams
# Bunnies have over 5k more ticketed members then the Eels

Eels and Panthers what?

Do you not understand how much rain fell in Sydney in the hours leading up to kickoff? Just because the sun shone at times during the game, doesn't mean the weather was perfect all day. It poured, it was hard to drive. Hell, it even started raining again after fulltime, plenty of accidents in and around Sydney, it wasn't very safe to drive either.

The weather had a very clear effect and the weather this morning was far worse than anything Parramatta experienced on Friday night. End of.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eels and Panthers what?

Do you not understand how much rain fell in Sydney in the hours leading up to kickoff? Just because the sun shone at times during the game, doesn't mean the weather was perfect all day. It poured, it was hard to drive. Hell, it even started raining again after fulltime, plenty of accidents in and around Sydney, it wasn't very safe to drive either.

The weather had a very clear effect and the weather this morning was far worse than anything Parramatta experienced on Friday night. End of.

Yawn

BDGS

Bench
Eels and Panthers what?

This is correct, just kept coming down.

Spark Plug

Juniors
And the crowd was not even close to 11k either in that Roosters game,some lovely number fudging there.

Were you at the game f*** knuckle?

Anyone who has ever been to a game at the SFS knows that the Western Stand is always far more packed than the eastern side. Its easy to sit back and watch tv and whinge about the figures being fudged.

And as other sydney siders have already said, it poured nearly all day. Not just a couple of pissy showers. Check the rainfall from B.O.M for Sydney today and tell me that it was a great day to go to the football....

NRLMad

Juniors
Souths have 12k ticketed members and they were playing one of the most popular clubs in the NRL who also happen to play at the same home ground and yet the crowd was only 18k

Easily one of the biggest disgraces of all time.

Not that I don't agree - but we have had 180mm of rain in 2 days. The game would have got 30K minimum on a great day. Sydney people don't weather the storm. We should look at building a purpose built undercover RL ground in Sydney.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Anyone who has ever been to a game at the SFS knows that the Western Stand is always far more packed than the eastern side. Its easy to sit back and watch tv and whinge about the figures being fudged.

And as other sydney siders have already said, it poured nearly all day. Not just a couple of pissy showers. Check the rainfall from B.O.M for Sydney today and tell me that it was a great day to go to the football....

Another wimp complaining about the rain,you realise rain is only water right? its not like knives are shooting out of the sky

:lol:Scared of water:lol:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Not that I don't agree - but we have had 180mm of rain in 2 days. The game would have got 30K minimum on a great day. Sydney people don't weather the storm. We should look at building a purpose built undercover RL ground in Sydney.

A roof on ANZ would solve that problem without the bitching of where to build a new stadium.

Hopefully it is dry next weel, dogs v easts and parra v souths are potential big draws

Brutus

Referee

cutie/Fraser/gregantrain should know all about the SFS and where people sit.

After all his beloved Waratards play there :lol:15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts