What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Roosters and Sea Eagles played in the most perfect conditions i have ever seen in my life with the sun coming out before the game started and the ground looking beautiful

Disgrace of a crowd

user_nat

Coach
3 months straight :lol:

I know it flooded, I know it's rained lots but come off it.

Just watching Nine News, apparently we got a months worth of rain in Sydney in just 18 hours. Yeah, great conditions to go to footy! :roll:

Obviously I was exagerating with 3 months straight :crazy:

Point is: it was raining before and during the Broncos/Cowboys game last weekend.
You guys down there need to invest in some closed stadiums if you're so scared of water.

Brutus

Referee
http://www.opsm.com.au/book-eyetest-stores?gclid=CNytq__I3KcCFYE1pAodmiL58A

Go nuts.

Seriously?

If I could pull up a radar of the weather in Sydney overnight and this morning, and again late this afternoon, I'm not sure either of you would stand by such uneducated, stupid comments.

The rain was utterly torrential. I've never seen my apartment block's carpark with any floodwater before - today that happened. It was not a day to take your kids out to the footy. The weather was atrocious.

Homebush has had 60mm of rain alone since midnight, the city just under 100mm.

Not really something you want to go out in. I did, but I can assure you there are plenty who didn't want to risk it.

Absolutely. Was down at Coogee at around 11am and the place was utterly scary.

For someone outside of Sydney, today's footy was the most deceptive ever in terms of the weather. I couldn't believe the sun actually came out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Even so, 18k at ANZ is pretty good considering the conditions. It poured twice at ANZ, once during Toyota and once again minutes after kickoff I think.

nko11

Juniors
It really depends on how you look at this round, sure the crowds have been disappointing. But 2-3 years ago a couple of these games probably would of gone under 10K. Weekends like these will really highlight the success of the membership push. 2-3 years into the future we should be able to see the push of membership affect all crowds.

BDGS

Bench
How can you have nearly 9k members but only get 12k to a game,that shows me that the Storm don't have many other fans apart from the people who are members,i realise all those 9k members are not ticketed

Not all Storm members are ticketed.

BDGS

Bench
You think that because a team has the name of a state in there name that everyone in that state has to go for them :lol:

:lol:Stupid mongo:lol:

Does everyone in NZ go for the NZ Warriors?
Does everyone in Sydney go for the Sydney Roosters?

:lol:genius

Piss off.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Wish it just kept raining. Looked bad those crowds in perfect sunlight

But a month worth of rain fell in terrey hills in 36 hrs, so can't blame manly fans against going

CC_Roosters

First Grade
And the crowd was not even close to 11k either in that Roosters game,some lovely number fudging there.

Dimwit the majority of fans at roosters games are always on the tv side against low drawing teams, same as the waratahs. You wouldn't have said there were 15k last nite looking at it on tv, so take both as correct.

The Queenslanders saying our crowds are soft for not turning up would do well to remember that 2/3 clubs there have decreased in crowds this past 3 years, while sydney clubs have driven the membership and crowd increases. Qld is holding the comp back. lol

Cracking atmosphere at ANZ today, have been there 5 times now and can't see where people get this soleless stadium line from. Great facilities, plenty of covered seating, public transport, central metro location. No excuse.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
You're turning into BDGS :sarcasm:

damn, a few cuts above roosters fans then.

Did you go out to the SFS today?

The new high membership numbers of the roosters is REALLY paying off with huge crowd numbers. :sarcasm:

adamkungl

Immortal
damn, a few cuts above roosters fans then.

Did you go out to the SFS today?

The new high membership numbers of the roosters is REALLY paying off with huge crowd numbers. :sarcasm:

Did indeed. Considering the torrential rain an hour before the game, I expect it would have drawn about 8000 without the membership push.

Status
Not open for further replies.