What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

age.s

First Grade
I reckon Panthers/Sharks will break 15k barring ridiculous weather. We got 14k against the Knights in very uncomfortable heat, so it would have to be pretty bad for us to get a worse crowd than that. Throw in a few extra away fans I think we should be ok.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I reckon Panthers/Sharks will break 15k barring ridiculous weather. We got 14k against the Knights in very uncomfortable heat, so it would have to be pretty bad for us to get a worse crowd than that. Throw in a few extra away fans I think we should be ok.

Since when did 12,431 = 14k

BDGS

Bench
They were built for joint usage and yes primarily for the number one code in that city. In terms of point two the distance between St helens, Wigan, Bolton, Liverpool etc is less than the Sydney suburbs with a similiar population. In the whole of Sydney you have two decent club grounds and one good finals ground. Its very poor compared to what the UK has managed to achieve in the North West in a similiar geographic area, especially when you consider the relative wealth of the two areas. if you were rating RL club grounds I would say it would be something like:

1. Suncorp
2. AAMI
3. KC
4. SFS
5. JJB
6. Galphram
7. Skilled Park
8. Newcastle
9. Parramatta

I usually don't mind your opinions and such, usually close to the money.

But to have Parramatta in the top 9, either you have rocks in your head or you havent been there in a considerable amount of time.

EDIT: are you ratings this off TV or have you been to the grounds?

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
Call me stupid but

KC?
JJB?
Galphram?

I'm not really up for racking my brain over it and just want someone to tell me.

yeah the soccer clubs have a huge impact on stadiums over seas.

if you look at the sharks, the ET stand was full. the Southern stand was basically full too. thats been a great addition to the ground.

if we had a bigger version of that at the mangroves end and somehow cover the PB we wouldnt be so adversly effected by the rain.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
RD3 (wet)

Parra V Souths 24k (15k)
Titans V Broncos 25k
Panthers V sharks 16k (10k)
Tigers V Raiders 14K (9k)
Warriors V STGI 15k
Bulldogs V Easts 24k (15k)
Manly V knights 16k (11k)
Cowboys V storm 12k

Total = 146k
av = 18,250

BOM says shower or two at the weekend.

On English RL stadia. headingley is a cracking ground for atmosphere, like saints they have staged developments of the ground and the next part may be happening this year i beleive.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
I usually don't mind your opinions and such, usually close to the money.

But to have Parramatta in the top 9, either you have rocks in your head or you havent been there in a considerable amount of time.

EDIT: are you ratings this off TV or have you been to the grounds?

What stadium is missing there that completely belts Parramatta? ANZ is ok for massive events but is a pretty sh*t place to watch the sport generally. Dairy Farmers maybe?

Reckon after the top 8 there's a pretty big drop off though.

BDGS

Bench
What stadium is missing there that completely belts Parramatta? ANZ is ok for massive events but is a pretty sh*t place to watch the sport generally. Dairy Farmers maybe?

Reckon after the top 8 there's a pretty big drop off though.

Any, Parra Stadium is the worse stadium in the NRL.

Canberra Stadium, Penrith Stadium, Leichardt and Campbelltown, Win Jubilee and WIN. Parra stadium needs a redevelopment.

For starters, how about let ever seat in the stadium view the big screen?

Then maybe bring in new seating? Have bigger hot food places?

Also, is the capacity shrinking?

15k the other night, its looked 85% full. The other year they put the "sold out" signal up and it was only 18 or 19k.

No offense to the club, but then people wonder why fans don't show up.

It is easily the worse venue i have ever been to, not saying i've been to all the stadiums but they can't be worse then Parra stadium.

It's a shame that Parramatta have to play out of a venue like that in 2011, i know many of their fans love it ... that's why it needs to be redeveloped and not oulled down.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
just my opinion, been to most listed except parra and did go off what it looks like on TV. In terms of criteria I went:
20K+ capacity
All (or vast majority) seating
Decent amount of undercover seating
Corporate facilities

Agree there is a big gap between those listed and the rest

Serc

First Grade
Weather looking pretty good in Sydney on Fri, Sat and Sun, maybe a couple of showers around throughout each day (as it seems to say in the BoM forecast as someone posted) but pretty fine otherwise, and certainly nothing even remotely like this weekend just gone.

Hopefully some games realise their potential after some not so great conditions in the first 2 weeks :) (incl the crazy heat at Penrith round 1)

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
just my opinion, been to most listed except parra and did go off what it looks like on TV. In terms of criteria I went:
20K+ capacity
All (or vast majority) seating
Decent amount of undercover seating
Corporate facilities

Agree there is a big gap between those listed and the rest

We all know you hate parra ;-)

I just hope we get you in R1 2013 mate, you'll hate us even more :D

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The only reason Parra would rate so highly is because it's an all seater. It is still in desperate need of a touch up.

In terms of corporate facilities and customer amenities Campbelltown Kogarah Penrith and Wollongong are all more modern in this regard.

VictoryFC

Bench
Call me stupid but

KC?
JJB?
Galphram?

I'm not really up for racking my brain over it and just want someone to tell me.

KC - Kingston Communications stadium in Hull. Home of Hull FC (RL)
JJB - Its now called the DW stadium. Home of Wigan Warriors
Galpharm - Off the top of my head thats Huddersfields ground

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Any, Parra Stadium is the worse stadium in the NRL.

Canberra Stadium, Penrith Stadium, Leichardt and Campbelltown, Win Jubilee and WIN. Parra stadium needs a redevelopment.

For starters, how about let ever seat in the stadium view the big screen?

Then maybe bring in new seating? Have bigger hot food places?

Also, is the capacity shrinking?

15k the other night, its looked 85% full. The other year they put the "sold out" signal up and it was only 18 or 19k.

No offense to the club, but then people wonder why fans don't show up.

It is easily the worse venue i have ever been to, not saying i've been to all the stadiums but they can't be worse then Parra stadium.

It's a shame that Parramatta have to play out of a venue like that in 2011, i know many of their fans love it ... that's why it needs to be redeveloped and not oulled down.

Penrith, Leichardt, Campbeltown, WIN Jubilee better then Parra? :lol:

Canberra, maybe, but those four? Im questioning whether or not you have been to any of these places before.

By the way, that game "the other year" your talking about, Parramatta nor the Stadium Trust said it was sold out, only the Daily Telegraph did.

bazza

Immortal
Penrith, Leichardt, Campbeltown, WIN Jubilee better then Parra? :lol:

Canberra, maybe, but those four? Im questioning whether or not you have been to any of these places before.

By the way, that game "the other year" your talking about, Parramatta nor the Stadium Trust said it was sold out, only the Daily Telegraph did.

He also thinks Brookvale and Cronulla are better

Status
Not open for further replies.