What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any, Parra Stadium is the worse stadium in the NRL.

Canberra Stadium, Penrith Stadium, Leichardt and Campbelltown, Win Jubilee and WIN. Parra stadium needs a redevelopment.

For starters, how about let ever seat in the stadium view the big screen?

Then maybe bring in new seating? Have bigger hot food places?

Also, is the capacity shrinking?

15k the other night, its looked 85% full. The other year they put the "sold out" signal up and it was only 18 or 19k.

No offense to the club, but then people wonder why fans don't show up.

It is easily the worse venue i have ever been to, not saying i've been to all the stadiums but they can't be worse then Parra stadium.

It's a shame that Parramatta have to play out of a venue like that in 2011, i know many of their fans love it ... that's why it needs to be redeveloped and not oulled down.

Dumb arse of the week.
From an away fans perspective Parra is gold.
Beats the sh*t outta Brookie, Canberra, Penrith and Campbelltown

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Any, Parra Stadium is the worse stadium in the NRL.

Canberra Stadium, Penrith Stadium, Leichardt and Campbelltown, Win Jubilee and WIN. Parra stadium needs a redevelopment.

For starters, how about let ever seat in the stadium view the big screen?

Then maybe bring in new seating? Have bigger hot food places?

Also, is the capacity shrinking?

15k the other night, its looked 85% full. The other year they put the "sold out" signal up and it was only 18 or 19k.

No offense to the club, but then people wonder why fans don't show up.

It is easily the worse venue i have ever been to, not saying i've been to all the stadiums but they can't be worse then Parra stadium.

It's a shame that Parramatta have to play out of a venue like that in 2011, i know many of their fans love it ... that's why it needs to be redeveloped and not oulled down.
You're living in FANTASY LAND.

BDGS

Bench
Are you being serious? It's not exactly world class but it's a great little RL stadium.

Very serious, but i may be bitter. It was the ground i had my worse Rugby League Experience at. But then again, the facilities went a long way to contributing to that poor experience.

just my opinion, been to most listed except parra and did go off what it looks like on TV. In terms of criteria I went:
20K+ capacity
All (or vast majority) seating
Decent amount of undercover seating
Corporate facilities

Agree there is a big gap between those listed and the rest

Parra definitely looks better on TV then it is. imo

BDGS

Bench
Dumb arse of the week.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

From an away fans perspective Parra is gold.
Beats the sh*t outta Brookie, Canberra, Penrith and Campbelltown

I live in between Parra and Penrith. Penrith definitely has the best viewing between those two stadiums. Never been to brookie, but Canberra and Campbelltown have better facilities.

Oh and Cronulla
...And definantley ANZ stadium

That's nice. Who mentioned ANZ? lol

The only reason Parra would rate so highly is because it's an all seater. It is still in desperate need of a touch up.

In terms of corporate facilities and customer amenities Campbelltown Kogarah Penrith and Wollongong are all more modern in this regard.

This,

At least somebody knows what they are talking about.

BDGS

Bench
He also thinks Brookvale and Cronulla are better

No body mention those venues as being better then Parra.

As i already stated, I have not been to Brookie and i've only been on the outside of Shark Park.

The reason i left them out of the list was because i have never seen a game there.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Very serious, but i may be bitter. It was the ground i had my worse Rugby League Experience at.

And there it is, your basing your stupid opinion because of a personal emotional experience you had at the stadium.

When/if you lose your virginity there im sure your opinion will change.

BDGS

Bench
And there it is, your basing your stupid opinion because of a personal emotional experience you had at the stadium.

Exactly! Like everybody basis all their opinions on, experience.

What was the experience at Parramatta Stadium last year?

Well, the seats were rock hard plastic that you can't get comfortable on, the food wasn't cooked. i could barely see the big screen, I'm told others couldn't get a view of it (this is seriously happening in 2010? hasn't been fixed for 2011 either), The staff were nothing short of arseholes (perhaps you were working there that day?). You can't get out of the stadium with ease, the entry gates are how old? The toilets both stunk like a dead body and were very limited.

The food stands, were packed all day but no more then 2 people tops were working on them all day. The view from the seats were sh*t house. The two games played were of high quality though, but that has nothing to do with the stadium.

now i would say, perhaps its just me being use to the international standards of ANZ stadium compared to a sububan ground, but thats not true because i have been to many games at different Sydney Suburban venues. Like the ones i listed, i don't see why so many people feel a need to try and protect Parra stadium, when it obviously needs an upgrade.

Best thing about the stadium is it has seats all around it. Although the Hill at Penrith gives you a better advantage point of seeing the game.

If it was my teams home ground i'd be screaming for an upgrade to all facilities. It looks like the crowds agreeing with me, they seem (dont have facts on me) to be getting smaller by the year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I actually agree with BDGS... Parramatta is bloody ordinary. For viewing of the game itself, fine. Facilities-wise, parking wise etc - utterly atrocious. The fact you are cordoned in to each section is farcical and I can't think of any other ground in the game where you can't at least meet someone behind their bay or aisle to catch up for a beer. It's embarrassing. They need to open the place up ffs, it's like Fort Knox.

Don't get me started on the advertising boards blocking the big screen at the north and south ends...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Obviously BearDGS's favourite ground in Sydney is North Sydney Oval.

Complaining about plastic seats at a sports ground? :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
BDGS and Timmah, Dogs and Souths fans are used to the comforts of a world class stadium. Those suburban grounds are just not upto standard for the 21st century.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I actually agree with BDGS... Parramatta is bloody ordinary. For viewing of the game itself, fine. Facilities-wise, parking wise etc - utterly atrocious. The fact you are cordoned in to each section is farcical and I can't think of any other ground in the game where you can't at least meet someone behind their bay or aisle to catch up for a beer. It's embarrassing. They need to open the place up ffs, it's like Fort Knox.

Don't get me started on the advertising boards blocking the big screen at the north and south ends...
images

Timmah

Staff member

:lol:

Read my point though - Parramatta needs to move into the 21st century. The configuration of the ground is awful. At least when I go to ANZ I can get in and out easily, move around where necessary, see the big screen when I need to etc...

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Exactly! Like everybody basis all their opinions on, experience.

What was the experience at Parramatta Stadium last year?

Well, the seats were rock hard plastic that you can't get comfortable on, the food wasn't cooked. i could barely see the big screen, I'm told others couldn't get a view of it (this is seriously happening in 2010? hasn't been fixed for 2011 either), The staff were nothing short of arseholes (perhaps you were working there that day?). You can't get out of the stadium with ease, the entry gates are how old? The toilets both stunk like a dead body and were very limited.

The food stands, were packed all day but no more then 2 people tops were working on them all day. The view from the seats were sh*t house. The two games played were of high quality though, but that has nothing to do with the stadium.

now i would say, perhaps its just me being use to the international standards of ANZ stadium compared to a sububan ground, but thats not true because i have been to many games at different Sydney Suburban venues. Like the ones i listed, i don't see why so many people feel a need to try and protect Parra stadium, when it obviously needs an upgrade.

Best thing about the stadium is it has seats all around it. Although the Hill at Penrith gives you a better advantage point of seeing the game.

If it was my teams home ground i'd be screaming for an upgrade to all facilities. It looks like the crowds agreeing with me, they seem (dont have facts on me) to be getting smaller by the year.

Was this a Parra vs Bulldogs game where you were uncomfortable on those hard hard plastic seats?

BDGS

Bench
Obviously BearDGS's favourite ground in Sydney is North Sydney Oval.

Complaining about plastic seats at a sports ground? :lol:

not really, North Sydney Oval was great in its day. Now its not any good unless there is a 20/20 cricket match on, or perhaps playing one game there for the same reasons we still play games at the SCG.

BDGS

Bench
Was this a Parra vs Bulldogs game where you were uncomfortable on those hard hard plastic seats?

Four Nations, weather was shocking that day as well but as you noticed i didn't bring that into my judgment on the Stadium. I have been there for other events in the past that does not require a big screen or the need to play food which was an alright venue.

I think Parra Stadium could be the best stadium in the West, just if they made some upgrades here and there.

Timmah is pretty much on the money, i accept maybe the cold food was just an unlucky one.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:lol:

Read my point though - Parramatta needs to move into the 21st century. The configuration of the ground is awful. At least when I go to ANZ I can get in and out easily, move around where necessary, see the big screen when I need to etc...
Point taken as far as configuration is concerned. People aren't going to go and pay money to watch games when they can't be comfortable etc, especially if they've got pay TV. But surely Parra isn't the worst ground in Sydney.
not really, North Sydney Oval was great in its day. Now its not any good unless there is a 20/20 cricket match on, or perhaps playing one game there for the same reasons we still play games at the SCG.
I agree, and probably an unwarranted dig on my part.

Timmah

Staff member
Souths fans don't turn up to games,there used to comfortable couches at home

Far be it from me to defend Souffs but:

2010 Home Crowd Averages
5th Rabbitohs 17,900
9th Eels 14,781

Methinks there are more armchair slouches in the Eels fanbase.

Bandwagoners, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.