What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
It seems there's a select few in here who just find it easy to bash teams left and right for any possible excuse as to why fans don't turn up. Facts are, there will be reasons for people not to attend. That's just life. Judging the game, or certain teams based on that, is pretty ordinary.

Then you proceed on to bag sh*t out of Souths crowds after you spout the above drivel :lol:

Stop being a hypocrite Tim Tim because, you yourself are one of the "select few" you chose to have a crack at.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
So what are we expecting in Townsville tonight? I get the feeling that anything above 10K would be a good result, considering the ridiculous 6pm kickoff time.

When was the last time the cowboys drew a sub 10K crowd?

user_nat

Coach
So what are we expecting in Townsville tonight? I get the feeling that anything above 10K would be a good result, considering the ridiculous 6pm kickoff time.

When was the last time the cowboys drew a sub 10K crowd?

The last time was also against Melbourne, back in 2002. (they lost 30-40)
But they had less than 10k 4 times that year. They only averaged 12k back in 2002.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
That game in 2002 was a 2:30 Saturday arvo game, they will never draw a crowd at that time up here.

Tonight I would be happy with 12-14k but I doubt we would even get close to that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Then you proceed on to bag sh*t out of Souths crowds after you spout the above drivel :lol:

Stop being a hypocrite Tim Tim because, you yourself are one of the "select few" you chose to have a crack at.

My criticisms of South Sydney are based on the fact they have the games largest membership base and yet teams with much smaller memberships consistently outdraw them.

I don't criticise fans for not turning up due to weather, which is a legitimate excuse for a wide range of supporters.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
looking at the crowd behind the crew a few minutes ago we will lucky if this gets 10k. Are we actually cursed by the rain this year?? 6.15 start doesn't help either, real fan freindly that fox sports

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Why didn't the cowboys do dirt cheap tickets given the start time, a few more might have made the effort if they did

What happens to kickoff times when the clocks change??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why didn't the cowboys do dirt cheap tickets given the start time, a few more might have made the effort if they did

What happens to kickoff times when the clocks change??
What do you mean what happens to them?

The general guide for a round is 2 x Fri 7:30, Sat 5:30, 2 x Sat 7:30, Sun 2:00, Sun 3:00, Mon 7:00.

That changes some weeks but that's how it pretty much works all the time, daylight savings sometimes has an effect, as does the Warriors playing home matches.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What do you mean what happens to them?

The general guide for a round is 2 x Fri 7:30, Sat 5:30, 2 x Sat 7:30, Sun 2:00, Sun 3:00, Mon 7:00.

That changes some weeks but that's how it pretty much works all the time, daylight savings sometimes has an effect, as does the Warriors playing home matches.

Isn't there 8.30 kickoff times at some stage, i remember there were last season

Billythekid

First Grade
6pm kickoff for the cowboys? Great scheduling. Add on some terrible weather and sh*t form and well what do you expect?

yakstorm

First Grade
6pm kickoff for the cowboys? Great scheduling. Add on some terrible weather and sh*t form and well what do you expect?

Blame Queensland Stadiums. The game was originally scheduled for 7:30pm Saturday... Queensland Stadiums double booked and the Cowboys lost out to motorcross or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts