What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep

anyway we should make some money out of it (150k up front). hopefully the locals come have a look. the warriors will be desperate to win too.

and hopefully we win, and get a big crowd vs manly

beave

Coach
opdheader6.jpg

beave

Coach
Surely the sharks know what they are in for with this stadium???? You would hope someone either flew over and checked it out or or got online and had a peek. Hopefully the lights are up to standard, especially with the way the NZ weather is, the lights get put on at Mt Smart for day games all the time.

Surely the sharks know what they are in for with this stadium???? You would hope someone either flew over and checked it out or or got online and had a peek. Hopefully the lights are up to standard, especially with the way the NZ weather is, the lights get put on at Mt Smart for day games all the time.

Yeah

we sent people over last year. i think also david peachey has something to do with it.

either his missus lives over there or something.

in any case, hopefully we do some country carnival stuff in the lead up..training sessions for the public and stuff to maximise the opportunity.

i questioned the decision at the time given the ground however the NRL has approved what were doing so they must have done a bit of research/lead up work.

annesly was over there last year sussing stuff as well.

BDGS

Bench
Yeah

we sent people over last year. i think also david peachey has something to do with it.

either his missus lives over there or something.

in any case, hopefully we do some country carnival stuff in the lead up..training sessions for the public and stuff to maximise the opportunity.

i questioned the decision at the time given the ground however the NRL has approved what were doing so they must have done a bit of research/lead up work.

annesly was over there last year sussing stuff as well.

He plays union over there.

Serc

First Grade
very nice link for the updates on the knights stadium cheers

No probs :)

Here's some more info re: Newcastle this weekend:

Ticket sales by close of business on Tuesday were the highest numbers recorded in at least five years for the Knights.
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...-supporters-to-get-in-early-for-dragons-clash

Edit: So using that as an indicator...the 'highest crowd since 2003' figure on Austadiums.com lists 26,198 on 11/3/06 which is exactly just over 5 years ago...so I'd be guessing that we may very well have a fair crack at this weeks capacity of 30k! Surely 28k at a minimum.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Honestly i think Greymouth has a better ground than Taupo. This might have been answered before, but why if they wanted a game in NZ didn't they look at Wellington or North Harbour or Hamilton or Dunedin instead of the field with two posts?

docbrown

Coach
Edit: So using that as an indicator...the 'highest crowd since 2003' figure on Austadiums.com lists 26,198 on 11/3/06 which is exactly just over 5 years ago...so I'd be guessing that we may very well have a fair crack at this weeks capacity of 30k! Surely 28k at a minimum.

I've been looking forward to it for eight months now. :cool:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wikipedia suggests it is 30k for Concerts, 20k for Rugby and 15K for Cricket.
I'm guessing health and safety isn't such an issue in NZ! Amazes after the crushing disaters in Europe that grass hills are deemed safe. Great image for the game playing a supposed top level sport in a local park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts