What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley

Bench
Looking back at past games against Penrith the crowd is about right.

2010 - 42,223 (Double Header)
2009 - 25,305
2008 - 31,250 (Round 1)
2007 - 24,582
2006 - 25,123

Panthers simply don't draw a crowd.

user_nat

Coach
Not bothered what it is compared to the suns, but that is a really poor effort by the broncos fans. What is their excuse? looks like a dry night, coming off a win, side full of young prospects, great stadium........

I have prepared a few excuses:

1. It was Penrith. Enough said.
2. It was raining on and off all day (.. on the Sunshine Coast).
3. The highway between Brisbane and Sunshine Coast was blocked for over an hour between 5 and 6. This may have prevent 10s of thousands from attending.
:sarcasm:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If lions , reds can get 25 averages broncos should get 35 tbh

They averaged 34k last year i think. The Reds have increased crowds (av 22k?) with their form, but their biggest crowd will barely beat an average broncos game. don't know much about the lions and their crowds.

Lions got 23k in there first game this year, Reds only being drawing low to mid 20k throughout there season so far. Broncos should be doing better considering they won back to back wins.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
We shouldn't be too worried about the Brisbane crowd, the panthers just aren't a big drawing team.
For the record Brisbane drew 25K against Newcastle & Cronulla at the beginning of last year too.

They will still average 30K plus by the end of the season, easily.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I went tonite. Wasnt suprised at all with the crowd number - Panthers just flat out have no fans here.

Broncos crowds are always inflated by a good chunk of away fans. Its good. (except for the terrible saints supporters). Fans of the away teams will travel considerable distance to see their team play. And usually make a big night of it. Its a friendly atmosphere for away fans (except for saints games). Id say about 5-10k away fans most games, except for Panthers, Bunnies and maybe Roosters games. 10-20k for Saints and Dogs, but not Tigers, they arent very popular surprisingly.

So im not worried by the 25k figure.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Are there only 2 games at gosford this year? I know we are playing the broncos there in a few weeks, but haven't heard of anyone else.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Three at Bluetongue this year. Last night, R6 Sat night Roosters/Broncos, and R21 Manly host the Tigers again.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
10506 I reckon..................

more like 10,507;-)

between 10 and 12k i'd say. Perfect saturday afternoon, dugan back so surely if you are a raiders fan and live in canberra you would be making the effort to support your team at the ground. That is the culture we need to build instead of the current culture of excuses and wait for the media to build your team up.

user_nat

Coach
Really? How much does the stadium hold?

Doesn't even look half full to me. Although we don't see much of the camera side.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
some games with 11k at canberra have nobody at the ends, but there are tonight so that is in favour of dragondads prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.