What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
Personally i think that would be a fantastic crowd considering.

Considering what? Was there 86 drops of rain that fell on the entire Sydney suburbs? Usually that's a good excuse for some of the crowds we see up there.

It only ended getting just over 11k which is pretty sh*tful IMO, the ironic thing is if the Storm got that against the Cows down here it'd be classed as shocking but up there it'll be classed as a decent crowd.

I can hear the usual bullsh*t now though, but but but we have 6 teams in Sydney competing in the games rugby league heartland, but but but we also have 9 teams to compete against down here but what makes it much worse and harder is we're in AFL heartland where the game is a religion and is watched live at the ground more than twice as much as ours is so we've got a sh*tload more to contend with than you up there.

All things considered and comparing our crowds here to crowds in Sydney, it's very clear to anyone with any semblance of a brain that we draw pretty bloody decent crowds given our opposition is much greater than your up there. Lets not forget (which conveniently often is) we play against 15 away crowds that draw minimal fans for the most part while Sydney team have the luxury of drawing away fans on top of their home fans every time they play there.

998340-melbourne-storm.jpg

this was probably the worst

MsStorm

Bench
Considering what? Was there 86 drops of rain that fell on the entire Sydney suburbs? Usually that's a good excuse for some of the crowds we see up there.

It only ended getting just over 11k which is pretty sh*tful IMO, the ironic thing is if the Storm got that against the Cows down here it'd be classed as shocking but up there it'll be classed as a decent crowd.

I can hear the usual bullsh*t now though, but but but we have 6 teams in Sydney competing in the games rugby league heartland, but but but we also have 9 teams to compete against down here but what makes it much worse and harder is we're in AFL heartland where the game is a religion and is watched live at the ground more than twice as much as ours is so we've got a sh*tload more to contend with than you up there.

All things considered and comparing our crowds here to crowds in Sydney, it's very clear to anyone with any semblance of a brain that we draw pretty bloody decent crowds given our opposition is much greater than your up there. Lets not forget (which conveniently often is) we play against 15 away crowds that draw minimal fans for the most part while Sydney team have the luxury of drawing away fans on top of their home fans every time they play there.

Excellent points and you can add that we are always live against the gate with Foxsports.

Perth Red

Post Whore
really? Take away the away fans of Sydney crowds and what would you avg home fans? Melbourne, Canberra, Warriors, would all fit into this category. Out of 16 clubs probably 11-12 would have an avg of 10k-15k home fans generally.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Little bit drunk, majority is a fair call. But I don't always buy the 'away fans in Sydney' argument - Canterbury will draw 25000 no problem some games.

Billythekid

First Grade

I was expecting a crowd more like 7-8K. I'll take a 5 digit crowd instead. I realise its not a great crowd but its higher than what i was expecting.

adamkungl

Immortal
I was expecting a crowd more like 7-8K. I'll take a 5 digit crowd instead. I realise its not a great crowd but its higher than what i was expecting.

No, you should be disappointed - nay, APPAULED. Yet another week has gone by where our crowds have not magically jumped by 10,000.

In-goal

Bench
Will their be 25K at the Roosters v Wests game this afternoon?

I think not, however I'll be there, will it be the standard 17K?

The problem in Sydney is the fact that, Sydney siders are poor sports fans (General), but that is only in comparison with Perth, Melbourne and to a lesser degree Adelaide. If you take a global view on the Sydney crowds, its around the stock standard for sports teams compared to population.

Melbourne is out on it's own with regards to crowds. Melbourne also has a raft of proffesional sporting Clubs/Franchises that also draw well outside it's traditional sport.

Melbourne Victory
Cricket in general
Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Tigers (Although they used to be 4 X bigger)
Melbourne Rebels
Melbourne Vixens

This along with 9 AFL clubs is a lot to support for a City of less than 4 Million people.

cleary89

Coach
Just went down to woolies in my jersey, copping it off all the newcastle bogans. should be a big crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts