What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I feel sorry for your over in Sydney as it always happens in England in the summer when we want to play Cricket or Touch Rugby.

I only came over from Northern Ireland in July and NI is 10 times worst for weather, may and september are the best months. The summer is usually wet :(

Is that parra or leeds in the sheds??

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Very decent crowd at ANZ...I thought there won't be as much as what they appear to have got. I guess regardless of the form of the Eels the rivalry with the Dogs will always draw a decent crowd.

nko11

Juniors
Looks to be alot fuller in the GA sections. I'd say its something to do with the promotion of the $40 family GA tickets with free transport, lots of Royal easter show people taking advantage...

Brutus

Referee
My guess is 31k.

These two teams at the peak of their powers on the run home to the finals would crack 50k.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
While not great, 17K is still more than i was expecting tbh.

If the Titans crowds can stabilize at around the 15-17K mark then i think that's a pass mark.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
While not great, 17K is still more than i was expecting tbh.

If the Titans crowds can stabilize at around the 15-17K mark then i think that's a pass mark.

I’d consider them averaging that as a failure, they ought to be averaging over 20K easy in that stadium. Really need to sort out those ticket prices.

dgsfan

Juniors
Record Parra home game crowd. What do people think the fan ratio was? There were a hell of a lot of Dogs fans there.

The Tank

Bench
Not sure but both sets of supporters turned up - great to seas of blue/yellow and blue/white. Well done to both clubs!

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Gold coast not bad. Hard to gauge . If the sh*ttiest team in Australia pro sports the suns gets more than that at metrocon more than once this year.

It will tell us a few things about the gold coast

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs probably dominated that crowd 55-45%, the Eels dominated the main two concourses east and west, but the entire ends of the ground north and south, plus level 4, was just so thick with 'Dogs fans. Fantastic atmosphere too with the relatively even breakdown of support.

Superb crowd for the circumstances (both out of form sides), I think 25-30k should be absolutely minimum between these two sides.

Great crowd for Eels vs Bulldogs considering both came off a loss when do they play next hopefully one or both get on a winning roll because it has 40k for sure next time if they hit form later the season in particular the Eels.

For Cowboys hoping a good crowd coming off a home win and good form plus it's a Saturday the weather is fine back to back wins would be nice.

docbrown

Coach
Record Parra home game crowd.

I think last year's game was just fractionally larger and was an Eels home game. There are also some "home" games at the SCG back in the 60's & 70's that were larger.

If you exclude the Stadium Australia double header back in 99, this would be the Eels 2nd largest crowd there and bigger than any game at Parramatta Stadium.

Eels/Bulldogs/Rabbitohs/Dragons/Tigers should all join forces to get a joint stadium with proper rectangular sightlines for the larger matches that's Lang Park size but with a retractable roof. Probably one of the best I've see is Toyota Stadium in Japan.

2549_toyota_stadium.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts