What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
great stadium that one. Agree Parra, Bulldogs and Wests need to join forces to get a world class 35-40k stadium built in the West somewhere.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Ticket prices might be the problem for the Gold Coast but lets not forget that before Skilled Park was built the Gold Coast crowds were between 15000-17000in there first year and i think that Skilled Park should of been modelled on Blue Tongue with a 20000 capacity with an option of increased seating for the future.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nothing wrong with the stadium or its size. Ticket prices, a poorly performing team, not alot of hype in Q'land due to all 3 teams not doing that great all contribute.

Maybe Searle should be spending less on the community and more on marketing :)

ByRd

First Grade
Crowd was rocking at ANZ tonight, it was probably a 60/40 dogs split but to break 30k with both teams in patchy form was a good effort, bulldogs/rabbits has a chance at pulling over 30k next sat night.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Crowd was rocking at ANZ tonight, it was probably a 60/40 dogs split but to break 30k with both teams in patchy form was a good effort, bulldogs/rabbits has a chance at pulling over 30k next sat night.

I don't like watching games on tv with low crowds or loads of empty seats but that was a good game and i think 30000(but not below) is a very good crowd and hope thats the benchmark for future crowds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As I was saying, 30k really needs to be the "floor" for Bulldogs/Eels crowds from now on. Two large, passionate supporter bases being able to draw that crowd despite poor form and threatening weather is great. Second week running now as well where the 'Dogs have played in front of a 30k+ crowd. If Souths put in a good show against Saints on Monday, we could be headed for that again next week.

DC_fan

Coach
The Eels Bulldogs crowd of 30,687 was a good crowd, but it was down on last years crowd for the same game of 31,991.

Coaster

Bench
Well I sure hope you make more noise than the last two Titans games I've been to (vs Dragons in round, and vs Roosters at Suncorp last year). We Dragons fans can't turn up every week to lend you some atmosphere. ;-)

You keep telling yourself that mate, btw the reason StMerge crowds are so loud is because you need to drunk to watch them

DC_fan

Coach
That's weird. I'm fairly certain the announcer said it was a record home parra crowd.

According to the record books last years game between Parramatta and Canterbury, an Eels home game played at ANZ drew a crowd of 31,991.

Not saying the crowd from 2010 is a record for a Parramatta game. Just saying it was bigger then last nights crowd.

russ13

First Grade
While not great, 17K is still more than i was expecting tbh.

If the Titans crowds can stabilize at around the 15-17K mark then i think that's a pass mark.

The Friday 7.30pm start is not the best if you are traveling from Brisbane for Titans' games.

Even at 7.00 pm the peak hour traffic is still in progress.

i'd love to see the day when Sydney games are split between 3 stadiums

Clearly you have little understanding of Sydney geography then.

I could see a western sydney venue similar to suncorp playing host to parra/dogs/tigers.

Other than that though Manly wont be moving , the dragons will stay at Kogarah , Penrith dont have the supporter base to play out of a large stadium , Cronulla will stay put and so will the roosters.

The one other change is hopefully souths moving back the the SFS.

So that would be 5/6 stadiums min.

docbrown

Coach
Clearly you have little understanding of Sydney geography then.

I could see a western sydney venue similar to suncorp playing host to parra/dogs/tigers.

Other than that though Manly wont be moving , the dragons will stay at Kogarah , Penrith dont have the supporter base to play out of a large stadium , Cronulla will stay put and so will the roosters.

A Suncorp style stadium with a roof in Western Sydney could service Eels/Dogs/Tigers - but as we've seen - Dragons & Rabbitohs could take their larger home game to there as well, especially if they're against those 3 afforementioned teams. Also if the Bears come in, they could bring the North Shore support to a Lidcombe/Homebush site. The Panthers could also play a 'home game' against one of those western sydney teams in order to get a financial injection.

A stadium like that could host up to 25-40 big games a season. If you then offer a mutual ticketing arrangement for away games, you'd see an uplift in crowds. It's likely the main way we'll crack the 20,000 attendance mark. I can see 1-2 games a week being played at such a venue - but the suburban grounds will always have a place in our game.

Teams need to keep their traditional regional roots/homebases - but also grow and expand to have city wide support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts