What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach
Crowd wise we're now about 6-7k down on same time last year with Easter/Anzac still to come.

By way of comparison though, the AFL is down 77,585 (but having played 1 less game than same time last year).

I reckon it woulda been 30+ if on a friday.
Obviously not many of souths supposed ticketed members rocked up because Saints definantly had the split

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Round 6

Parra v Bulldogs 30,687
Titans V Tigers 17,221
Manly V NZW 8,680
Roosters V broncos 8,616
Cowboys V Raiders 10,741 (speculation this is wrong)
Knights V sharks 12,796 (same as above)
Peno V storm 11,137
Souths V STGID 22,771

Total = 122,649
Av = 15,331

Same as usual, some good some bad.

Latest forecasts shows a clearer incoming weekend, except showers on saturday. So roll on Round 7 and get to a game people.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I reckon it woulda been 30+ if on a friday.
Obviously not many of souths supposed ticketed members rocked up because Saints definantly had the split

Not really. The Illawarra fans were all in one corner of the ground which made them louder, but there wasn't more of them at the game than Souths fans.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're dreaming if you believe that. Souths members area bays 127-133 were sparse at best and there were nowhere near as many tonight as were at the game against Canterbury four weeks ago.

Timmah

Staff member
OK. I really couldn't care less. I know what I know. Pointless argument.

When I have evidence to back my claim, I wouldn't call it pointless. For a match against your greatest rivals, this sort of members area with so many empty seats really is an embarrassment:

DSCF1827.jpg

For reference, the timestamp on the photo is 7:07pm, immediately before kickoff (as evidenced by the players in position on the field).

So where was Souths' fabled membership base?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
A lot of Souths STH's have general admin tickets. I and my 5 family members do for example as do all of my mates. So taking a photo of the reserved area proves nothing. Our membership base isn't fabled, either, there are over 20,000 of us. A fable is a story, or myth. Like the merged 12 year old franchise called St George-Illawarra being a 'great rival'. We have no rivalry with that club. Suggesting otherwise is, yep, a fable.

Anyway, pointless argument. And like I said, I know what I know.

Timmah

Staff member
They don't have enough ticketed members to at least fill the bays beside the tunnel?

Sorry, I just think for a match against rivals in fine weather, that's a sh*t showing. JMO.

cleary89

Coach
Isn't the right hand side (on our left) of that the interstate membership section?

Pretty pisspoor giving them a whole section, especially on a monday night. clearly no one will be there.

dgsfan

Juniors
Dogs vs Bunnies on a Monday night would have gotten 30,000+. It did last year and we were playing sh*t. Dogs are the kings of Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
what's the difference between a 7.30 KO on a Friday and a 7.30 KO on a Monday?

TBF that is a big stand that probably holds 25K+ so there is probably 10k in there which would be about Sths reserved seat membership wouldn't it?

Jono1987

Juniors
Dogs vs Bunnies on a Monday night would have gotten 30,000+. It did last year and we were playing sh*t. Dogs are the kings of Sydney.

For home attendances and should be congratulated. Still you both call that stadium 'home'. Would have made a lot more sense to have played Souths/Saints at the SFS. Would have got at least 25k you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.