What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Manly V Penrith at Brookie 12,000
Tigers V Broncos at the SFS 17,000
Sharks V Cowboys at Toyota 10,500
Bulldogs V Souths at ANZ 25,000
Raiders V Knights at Canb Stad 11,000
Parra V Titans at Parra Stad 12,000
Roosters V Dragons 32,000
Melb V Warriors 18,000

I'm guessing conservatively, but hopefully a good weekend will see those numbers exceeded

yakstorm

First Grade
Deluxe GA is being put on sale tomorrow from 2pm for the ANZAC Day match, which is encouraging, usually that section is only opened up when pre-sales are really strong.

There is a special offer on the NRL Facebook page offering those Deluxe GA seats for just $20 starting tomorrow.

yakstorm

First Grade
It will be interesting to see how many people travel across from the AFL match at the MCG. Considering their match finishes around 6pm, and the NRL is on at 7pm just across the road, the times align near perfectly this time.

The 20% discount for anyone who has gone to the AFL game, to come to the NRL match should hopefully lure a few across.

otori

Juniors
Im fairly new to the crowd discussions but I'm astonished at the eagles crowds considering their last premiership was 3 years ago! If they played at a decent stadium, would they draw more respectable crowds?

I'd say the raiders knights crowd will be around 10000. Canberra is going to be pretty empty with the five day weekend coming up. Disappointing as I wanted to see that game. I'm fairly surprised by the price of tickets at the raiders having just moved down from Brisbane. Having only 2 categories with the cheapest tickets starting at 28 is pretty bloody poor considering you can get tickets at suncorp for sub 20 which is an infinitely better stadium.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Im fairly new to the crowd discussions but I'm astonished at the eagles crowds considering their last premiership was 3 years ago! If they played at a decent stadium, would they draw more respectable crowds?

I'd say the raiders knights crowd will be around 10000. Canberra is going to be pretty empty with the five day weekend coming up. Disappointing as I wanted to see that game. I'm fairly surprised by the price of tickets at the raiders having just moved down from Brisbane. Having only 2 categories with the cheapest tickets starting at 28 is pretty bloody poor considering you can get tickets at suncorp for sub 20 which is an infinitely better stadium.

Weather has been crap for the eagles first 2 home games .. if its fine on friday
& its forecast to be ... they'll crack 15K
they have ova 10K members ... so should do it on their ear really

the raiders will do better then 10K .... again .. we have 9.5K members of which 6.5K are full Ticketed ... its ANZAC day on the Monday & Canberra gets a large influx of interstate visitors for this ... I think 13K is about what it will be

with Ticket prices ... yep , they're a little steep .. but they are a great advertisment for being a member .. & its working
we'll crack 10K this year ... not that many behind the Broncos with about 15K & a lot less people live in Canberra
so maybe offering " cheap " tickets like the Broncos do... is detering people from becoming members ??

Raiderdave

First Grade
It will be interesting to see how many people travel across from the AFL match at the MCG. Considering their match finishes around 6pm, and the NRL is on at 7pm just across the road, the times align near perfectly this time.

The 20% discount for anyone who has gone to the AFL game, to come to the NRL match should hopefully lure a few across.

Yeah ... the fumble ball will get 90K ... if 5% take up the discounted offer across the road at AAMI & Melbournes Kiwi population turn up to see the Warriors .. they should get between 20 & 25K .. no probs

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont think a discount is necessary. If theyre going to come to watch the game, I cant imagine the extra few dollars will change anything. Will get a walk over any way.

otori

Juniors
Weather has been crap for the eagles first 2 home games .. if its fine on friday
& its forecast to be ... they'll crack 15K
they have ova 10K members ... so should do it on their ear really

the raiders will do better then 10K .... again .. we have 9.5K members of which 6.5K are full Ticketed ... its ANZAC day on the Monday & Canberra gets a large influx of interstate visitors for this ... I think 13K is about what it will be

with Ticket prices ... yep , they're a little steep .. but they are a great advertisment for being a member .. & its working
we'll crack 10K this year ... not that many behind the Broncos with about 15K & a lot less people live in Canberra
so maybe offering " cheap " tickets like the Broncos do... is detering people from becoming members ??

Mmm I see what you're saying about deterring members but it's still a fairly high price especially considering sitting near the 20m line and sitting directly behind the posts are the same price. Its put me off going to more games and I live 2 minutes walk from the stadium so it's disappointing. That being said, the Brumbies tickets are astronomically overpriced even with a more appropriate pricing scheme. Is there any option with Bruce stadium to buy a 3 game discounted pass or somethin like that? I don't want full membership for a team I don't support as it'll be a waste of cash for me.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Mmm I see what you're saying about deterring members but it's still a fairly high price especially considering sitting near the 20m line and sitting directly behind the posts are the same price. Its put me off going to more games and I live 2 minutes walk from the stadium so it's disappointing. That being said, the Brumbies tickets are astronomically overpriced even with a more appropriate pricing scheme. Is there any option with Bruce stadium to buy a 3 game discounted pass or somethin like that? I don't want full membership for a team I don't support as it'll be a waste of cash for me.

Not sure , Im a full ticketed member .. a family pass
saved me hundreds for the 4 of us

a sliver membership with the raiders might be an op
http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=silver-membership

with Canberra Stadium , I can only see full memberships to the stadium
so thats for all games in all sports ...& they are expensive
more for Corporates

otori

Juniors
Not sure , Im a full ticketed member .. a family pass
saved me hundreds for the 4 of us

a sliver membership with the raiders might be an op
http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=silver-membership

with Canberra Stadium , I can only see full memberships to the stadium
so thats for all games in all sports ...& they are expensive
more for Corporates

Thanks for your help with that info. I think I'll just have to accept it and move on :p

The silver membership looks ok but I don't really want/need a whole bunch of raiders merch. I guess I'm only 3 hours from Sydney so should investigate those options too. Thanks guys.

Raiderdave

First Grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
they sounded guesses so I doubt it.

I often wonder if fans of other codes spend as much time worrying about attendnaces as we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.