What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Swans game was also in pouring rain. It was held across the street at the same time as the Roosters game and I know it was pouring there.

But I agree with the rest of your post, surprisingly.
:lol: You know it was pouring there do you?

Here's an idea, do some research.

Brisbane 24 defeated Sydney Roosters 6
Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford

Imbecile.

DINGb@T

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...fl-crowd-decline/story-e6frexx0-1226040303384

interesting this, didn't know the afl crowds were on the slide a bit. strangely its also very positive about NRL crowds.

That's a weird article.

Sydney officials were hoping for a big crowd and would have been delighted with 25,300 under the circumstances. It's a start.

But then it says:

Things weren't looking good when 28,082 turned up at ANZ Stadium for the Swans' first home game of the year against Essendon - the lowest regular-season attendance for a game at Homebush.

Does this mean they're saying that the numbers were good considering, but then leaving out the fact that it's a new record low for a regular season game? 25,300 is less than 28,082 after all...

beave

Coach
The Swans game was also in pouring rain. It was held across the street at the same time as the Roosters game and I know it was pouring there.

But I agree with the rest of your post, surprisingly.

Good god man!!!!!!

Dig yourself out of this one you muppet...............

CC_Roosters

First Grade
That's a weird article.

But then it says:

Does this mean they're saying that the numbers were good considering, but then leaving out the fact that it's a new record low for a regular season game? 25,300 is less than 28,082 after all...

thought that as well. she is trying to build up a smaller than normal swans crowd as an example to the other afl clubs who do much better anyway (lower than usual or not). and yes last time i checked 25k was less than 28k lol

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol: You know it was pouring there do you?

Here's an idea, do some research.

Brisbane 24 defeated Sydney Roosters 6
Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford

Imbecile.
Thought they played at the SFS. Oh well still, my point remains the same.

BunniesMan

Immortal
thought that as well. she is trying to build up a smaller than normal swans crowd as an example to the other afl clubs who do much better anyway (lower than usual or not). and yes last time i checked 25k was less than 28k lol
And people tell me I should get my facts straight... the 28k figure is about Homebush games. The 25 was at the SCG.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thought they played at the SFS. Oh well still, my point remains the same.

Oh god, you get stupider with each post.

1. They would never schedule a rugby league and AFL match next door to each other at the same time. The sheer logistics with both transport and staffing would make such a task impossible.

2. The SFS is not across the road from the SCG. It's right next door. Same side of Driver Avenue.

3. How could you possibly frequent this forum and NOT know the game was moved to Bluetongue?

applesauce

Bench
The article says the NRL got 185,000 to the first round. I was sure we cracked 200k :lol:

Great journalism there, she left out MNF...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Oh god, you get stupider with each post.
But my regular intelligence is so high I have a long way to go down.
1. They would never schedule a rugby league and AFL match next door to each other at the same time. The sheer logistics with both transport and staffing would make such a task impossible.
Good point.
2. The SFS is not across the road from the SCG. It's right next door. Same side of Driver Avenue.
It was a figure of speech ffs. "Across the street", "next door" same bloody difference.
3. How could you possibly frequent this forum and NOT know the game was moved to Bluetongue?
Sorry I haven't memorised the home game schedule of every other team.

adamkungl

Immortal
Who gives and who receives? Or is it a take turns kind of deal like when straight couples take turns at being on top

Evil Homer

Staff member
Some embarrassing crowds again. I can't understand how any teams can go sub 10k. Wasn't it a few years ago that NQ were getting 20k+ to every game, now that has halved?

Raiderdave

First Grade
The article says the NRL got 185,000 to the first round. I was sure we cracked 200k :lol:

Great journalism there, she left out MNF...

this article is all over the place ... like a mad womens s.hit :crazy:

I dunno what its saying ... or trying to say
the Swans are doing great crowd wise ... ummm no not really
the NRL are doing great crowd wise ... take out rnd 1 , & no not really but the weather is not helping
the AFL crowds are sliding .... yeah maybe but they've had some whoppers too ... plus many smallish to woeful crowds .. so the jury is out

I dunno
I think she was drunk when she penned it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts