What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
they sounded guesses so I doubt it.

I often wonder if fans of other codes spend as much time worrying about attendnaces as we do?

AFL fans sprook about theirs as soon as anyone mentions TV ratings :sarcasm:
Soccer fans worry about theirs .... & holy cr@p they should :o:shock:

rah rahs .... well as long as the Bollinger & caviar is flowing they don't give a rats :lol::lol:

Raiderdave

First Grade
2009/2010/2011 Crowd comparison after 6 rounds

2011 839,165 (Total) 17,483 (Average)
+ 7500 odd = 846,500

2010 847,273 17,651
2009 840,470 17,515

they're almost identical to 2010 at this stage
now for the Knights to post their correct Crowds

20,968 closer to 25,000
12,796 closer to 16,000

& we're in front by about 7K
theres some big rounds coming up with some huge clashes in them
we'll be well ahead by around Rnd 13

DC_fan

Coach

+ 7500 odd = 846,500

2010 847,273 17,651
2009 840,470 17,515

20,968 closer to 25,000
12,796 closer to 16,000

I can understand why teams overstate their crowds. But why would they understate them?

Raiderdave

First Grade
I can understand why teams overstate their crowds. But why would they understate them?

read the statement from the Cowboys
it was a faulty turnstile or 2 ... they operate on bar codes so have computers in them .. a malfunctioning one it seems

& i'll bet the Knights have had similar issues
theres no way there was less then 13K at Newcastle last week
not in your nelly

BDGS

Bench

+ 7500 odd = 846,500

2010 847,273 17,651
2009 840,470 17,515

20,968 closer to 25,000
12,796 closer to 16,000

Let's just hope the NQ turnstiles are fixed before the next game and that the Knights new grandstand turnstiles start counting towards the overall figure.

BDGS

Bench
I f**king knew those crowd figures were wrong for us, glad i was proven right.

You are certainly becoming (to me at least) a reliable informative of all things NQC. It's about the thrid or fourth time you have been correct about something up there.

Top stuff, keep it up mate.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
You are certainly becoming (to me at least) a reliable informative of all things NQC. It's about the thrid or fourth time you have been correct about something up there.

Top stuff, keep it up mate.

I'm sure each member has been looking for your approval since you joined our humble forum six months ago :roll:.

BDGS

Bench
I'm sure each member has been looking for your approval since you joined our humble forum six months ago :roll:.

And i'm sure stupid and pointless post that contribute nothing to the current discussion in the thread will be continually made by trolls and Qlders.

But back on what's left of the topic now that your post has been published on here, there is nothing wrong is saying good work when its due.

Beave, unlike most on here, knows what is actually going on at his own club and fights for his club when unfairly bagged by other posters. If it turns out that he is correct and the others are wrong then good on him and its time for the others to apologise. I'm sure none of those posters will have the balls to do so though.

As for your condescending post, lazy attempts to make yourself look good or funny or whatever effect you were after seem an desperate attempt to remain current.

As for me having respect for Beave, i actually have a lot of respect for many posters on here and no respect for others on here. Seeming that post here is the first time i have read your forum name, i really couldn't give two sh*ts about what your thoughts are. Then to make things worse, you are a QLDer in Victoria who is probably out of the loop when it comes to NRL news.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
BDGS, you've single-handedly ruined threads and made them close to unreadable at times. One can't help but come across your name.

I know you've got a few tickets on yourself but you've never posted anything I've considered insightful. Perhaps it takes a little more than being in Sydney and 'in the loop' to do so.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Desert Qlder - I don't often agree with BDGS but your comment was entirely unnecessary. Seems to me like you're searching for an excuse to have a go at him. If he wants to commend someone on their insight, let him. Totally out of line on your part IMO

beave

Coach
if someone wants to blow wind up my proverbial.................. then I don't see the problem with it!!!!!!! TIC............

Thanks for the kudos BDGS, I'm just fighting the good fight mate.

Didgi

Turn around Beaves, here, let me spread some love :lol: Good call though, it certainly didn't seem right. Am I right in saying this is another screw up by bloody Stadiums QLD? :x

Ohhai, Tim, I see we're all lining up for an unnecesary comment :p

beave

Coach
well I'd say so, the club does handle all it's season tickets as far as I'm aware so if they work at some gates and not at others as the article would suggest then it must be the turnstiles that stadiums qld own that are the drama. That titans game my mate had one of my spare season tickets and he came in from the southern end and his ticket had dramas getting him in, not sure on other people though coming in from other gates if they work for them or not.

That raiders game was the clincher for me, they posted 500 more than the storm game but there was about 4-5k more at a guess on the night for me, you tend to get a feeling after a few years on the crowd figures (within 1-2k for average games) and it just looked deadset wrong.

BDGS

Bench
Desert Qlder - I don't often agree with BDGS but your comment was entirely unnecessary. Seems to me like you're searching for an excuse to have a go at him. If he wants to commend someone on their insight, let him. Totally out of line on your part IMO

Isn't there a forum cop rule? lol I think i read an rule about that :lol:

I'm joking of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.