What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
2009/2010/2011 Crowd comparison after 6 rounds

2011 839,165 (Total) 17,483 (Average)
2010 847,273 17,651
2009 840,470 17,515

This years crowds are down .95 percent on last year and .18 percent on 2009.

The drop off in crowds so far this season is so minor its not really worth talking about. Except for the fact that their was huge push by the NRL and clubs this season to get fans to attend games this season.

In some cases its working, but in others it is not.

Correction

The figures for 2011 should read as follows

Total crowds 837,832 Average 17,455

Crowds are down 1.1 percent on last season and .35 percent on 2009.

applesauce

Bench
Correction

Both those year had already had the easter and anzac clashes. After this round is completed compare it to previous years after round 7.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Correction

ah no
Correction
Until the Cowboys .. Officially .... update their crowds after they work out what occured
& possibly the Knights do too ( theres some suggestion the new stand hasn't counted anyone thats sat in it as part of official attendances posted for the Knights 2 home games to date )

then we don't have our 2011 season total

the cowboys crowds at a best guess are about 7500 down on what they actually were
the Knights about the same . maybe a bit more

so I guesstimate the 2011 NRL total attendances to be about 852,500
at an average of 17,760
ahead of both 2010 & 2009 at the same time.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
Both those year had already had the easter and anzac clashes. After this round is completed compare it to previous years after round 7.

While the date for Easter floats around year to year. ANZAC day is always the 25th April. In 2009 and 2010 it fell on R.7 as it does this year. So the ANZAC day crowd figures do not factor in on the crowd totals for 2009 or 2010.

Last season Easter fell in R.4 where the crowd total for that round was a very good 154,706. In 2009 it fell during R.5 and in that round crowds totalled an ordinary 128,618.

So their is no guarantee that becuases its Easter we will get huge crowds. But in saying that, crowds this weekend should be boosted by the ANZAC day clash.

DC_fan

Coach
ah no
Correction
Until the Cowboys .. Officially .... update their crowds after they work out what occured
& possibly the Knights do too ( theres some suggestion the new stand hasn't counted anyone thats sat in it as part of official attendances posted for the Knights 2 home games to date )

then we don't have our 2011 season total

the cowboys crowds at a best guess are about 7500 down on what they actually were
the Knights about the same . maybe a bit more

so I guesstimate the 2011 NRL total attendances to be about 852,500
at an average of 17,760
ahead of both 2010 & 2009 at the same time.

Until figures are correctly updated by the official bean counters we can only go on the figures given.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Until figures are correctly updated by the official bean counters we can only go on the figures given.

no
we can factor in approx adjustments .. based on info from .. well the cowboys at this stage .. knights soon
& lock them in when they sort out what the crowds actually were

the " official " figures are wrong
thats all we know for certain.

Coaster

Bench
I read an interesting article in the courier mail the other day, well the article was not that interesting, but the comments are.

It is about Searle trying to get more people to games, and like most on here i thought that it was the ticket prices that are too expensive, hence easy fix, and should be done by the Titans asap.

This looks like it is only partial true.
Read the comments yourself if you like
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...tay-home/comments-e6frep66-1226041188194?pg=2

The most interesting aspect in those comments to me is that about 90% of the comments do not mention the tickets, but the food and drink prices.

And there right, i can handle the expensive ticket to the game, (well its not really that bad as a member), but the added cost of $100 plus for extras while there is f*cking outrageous. And the worst thing is, that it is another company (NOT THE TITANS) that have the rights to this.

Meaning the Club i support dont get a razzoo out of it, and some 3party company stitch me up every friggin week without any ramifications.

This all boils down to the Local Council, they tender the contract out. How the hell do we change the way this is handled?

This IMO is the biggest problem at the moment regarding low attendances, you can not be expected to take a family of 4 to a game, and pay nearly $100 for junk food, the dog would turn his nose at.

To top it off, i go and buy 4 cups of warm light beer, @ $6.70 a cup and they charge me another .70 cents for the f*cking TRAY!!

Now as an Australian i am used to being completely shafted when buying anything, even though the US dollar is lower than ours, we for some reason except paying $18 a kilo for bananas and twice the price of a car, get hammered in rego and then flogged again for insurance (not that it is really insured for floods anyways), but this has gone too far.

Solutions:
Get the Variety Club, or some other charity organization in there with a sausage sizzle- seriously who the hell doesn't love a good sausage sizzle, and for $3 you get a sausage on bread with sauce and a can of drink. All profits go the Charity, more attendance at the footy, Bazinga!

Or open it up to free trade, the council can hire stalls, how long till McDonalds and Subways are paying huge money for the rights, and Castlemain, or some other beer company tripping over themselves for a chance to sell there product. The council would make 500% more money, we would be charged 500% less, bigger gate takings, more family friendly.

What do you think?

Teddyboy

First Grade
I read an interesting article in the courier mail the other day, well the article was not that interesting, but the comments are.

It is about Searle trying to get more people to games, and like most on here i thought that it was the ticket prices that are too expensive, hence easy fix, and should be done by the Titans asap.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...tay-home/comments-e6frep66-1226041188194?pg=2

The most interesting aspect in those comments to me is that about 90% of the comments do not mention the tickets, but the food and drink prices.

And there right, i can handle the expensive ticket to the game, (well its not really that bad as a member), but the added cost of $100 plus for extras while there is f*cking outrageous. And the worst thing is, that it is another company (NOT THE TITANS) that have the rights to this.

Meaning the Club i support dont get a razzoo out of it, and some 3party company stitch me up every friggin week without any ramifications.

This all boils down to the Local Council, they tender the contract out. How the hell do we change the way this is handled?

This IMO is the biggest problem at the moment regarding low attendances, you can not be expected to take a family of 4 to a game, and pay nearly $100 for junk food, the dog would turn his nose at.

To top it off, i go and buy 4 cups of warm light beer, @ $6.70 a cup and they charge me another .70 cents for the f*cking TRAY!!

Now as an Australian i am used to being completely shafted when buying anything, even though the US dollar is lower than ours, we for some reason except paying $18 a kilo for bananas and twice the price of a car, get hammered in rego and then flogged again for insurance (not that it is really insured for floods anyways), but this has gone too far.

Solutions:
Get the Variety Club, or some other charity organization in there with a sausage sizzle- seriously who the hell doesn't love a good sausage sizzle, and for $3 you get a sausage on bread with sauce and a can of drink. All profits go the Charity, more attendance at the footy, Bazinga!

Or open it up to free trade, the council can hire stalls, how long till McDonalds and Subways are paying huge money for the rights, and Castlemain, or some other beer company tripping over themselves for a chance to sell there product. The council would make 500% more money, we would be charged 500% less, bigger gate takings, more family friendly.

What do you think?

All clubs should have cheap tickets,beer,soft drinks and food and hey presto good crowds.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Solutions:

What do you think?

Write to your local councillour with that, no reason why it couldn't happen if the right people are approached

Coaster

Bench
Write to your local councillour with that, no reason why it couldn't happen if the right people are approached
Our local Councilor is an AFL ring in.
but those geese will have the same issue, as the same company is doing the catering for the SunBurns. The difference is that for some reason, the council let them pay to have the rights to it. But will not let the Titans do the same.

I have sent a letter similar to this, without the drink speak, to Searle, and await a reply. This is BS!! Clubs are struggling, families are struggling, and yet we all bend over and take it from these overpaid social lawyers who do side deals with 3rd party companies to rape the locals out of there hard friggin earned.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Our local Councilor is an AFL ring in.
but those geese will have the same issue, as the same company is doing the catering for the SunBurns. The difference is that for some reason, the council let them pay to have the rights to it. But will not let the Titans do the same.

I have sent a letter similar to this, without the drink speak, to Searle, and await a reply. This is BS!! Clubs are struggling, families are struggling, and yet we all bend over and take it from these overpaid social lawyers who do side deals with 3rd party companies to rape the locals out of there hard friggin earned.

This stinks, do they actually pay to get this influence i wonder? They are rolling over for a team and a sport which has zero history or contribution to the GC community for a 100 years, yet treat RL with indifference. disgusting. Same thing seems to be happening with the mayor of blacktown.:crazy:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm loathe to quote Ray Hadley (and I'm sure he's not the only one that's said it), but surely the old adage of "it's better to have 20,000 fans paying $10 than 10,000 at $20"

This is particularly true at big stadia where the break-even is quite low.

docbrown

Coach
I'm loathe to quote Ray Hadley (and I'm sure he's not the only one that's said it), but surely the old adage of "it's better to have 20,000 fans paying $10 than 10,000 at $20"

This is particularly true at big stadia where the break-even is quite low.

I liked that idea one of the Super League clubs were using where if memberships reached a certain mark then fans get a discount back. It encourages people to be proactive about promoting the memberships to others.

However I think the best way of doing it is to offer the discount back as club credit i.e. people can spend the money on club merchandise or roll over their discount into next year's membership fees - that way all the money still stays in the club but fans are still getting something back and the memberships are promoted and grow.

The clubs just need to figure out their profit margins based on the number of the number of memberships sold in order to figure out what the discounts would be at each increasing level.

beave

Coach
Solutions:

What do you think?

The cowboys leagues club held the rights to the food and piss at DFS, they had a couple of stalls at the ground but the majority was tendered out to local footy clubs and charities. These clubs made a decent amount of their $$$$ from this trade, for the footy teams all the parents of the kids did a rotating shift roster, the money raised pretty much ensured kids parents didn't have to pay overs in rego and insurance, it was basically the gift that kept on giving. 2 years ago the contract was up and it came down to the Cowboys leagues club and Spotless............... guess who won out?????? you guessed it, the prices have gone through the roof and the majority of the food is utter shiite. It sickens me that stadiums QLD run these facilities as a money making venture, my f**king tax dollars built these stadiums, I don't expect to be then bent over and reamed royally by all their food and piss vendors in the process as well. These charities relied on their stalls and to be denied this opportunity is just typical of a labor run organisation (stadiums QLD)

I did notice that Apex were manning a beer stall last home game, i asked the lady what the deal was, she said that they were paid by spotless for their 5 hours of work, the workers then donated their pay to Apex............... better than nothing but still an absolute joke.

Coaster

Bench
The cowboys leagues club held the rights to the food and piss at DFS, they had a couple of stalls at the ground but the majority was tendered out to local footy clubs and charities. These clubs made a decent amount of their $$$$ from this trade, for the footy teams all the parents of the kids did a rotating shift roster, the money raised pretty much ensured kids parents didn't have to pay overs in rego and insurance, it was basically the gift that kept on giving. 2 years ago the contract was up and it came down to the Cowboys leagues club and Spotless............... guess who won out?????? you guessed it, the prices have gone through the roof and the majority of the food is utter shiite. It sickens me that stadiums QLD run these facilities as a money making venture, my f**king tax dollars built these stadiums, I don't expect to be then bent over and reamed royally by all their food and piss vendors in the process as well. These charities relied on their stalls and to be denied this opportunity is just typical of a labor run organisation (stadiums QLD)

I did notice that Apex were manning a beer stall last home game, i asked the lady what the deal was, she said that they were paid by spotless for their 5 hours of work, the workers then donated their pay to Apex............... better than nothing but still an absolute joke.
This is a disgrace,

I notice one of the directors of Stadium Qld is this tart - Victoria Carthew
spent a decade covering AFL for Channel 7.

She was the AFL's first female boundary rider.

http://www.4bc.com.au/victoria-carthew/20080826-42bi.html

This is not true, when the clubs get nothing from food and drink sales, and have to in our case then back load the council for trains over a certain number. Case in point Palmer and his cap on supporters.

This is the website for the mongrels doing Skilled games
http://www.mobc.com.au/

I noticed they also are the ones that do AAMI park in Victoria, the only other ground i have had this same complaint (last years test)

beave

Coach
yeah mate, it is a disgrace but they can get away with it because stadiums QLD are untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.