What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Townsville-1254.jpg.aspx

decent zoomed in panorama of DFS, that main stand on the right hand side is in need of knocking down and rebuilding, that is pretty much the only thing left from the original harness racing era of the ground.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A roof on at least one or two of the other stands would be handy...

beave

Coach
yeah agreed, not being pissed on by monsoonal rain during the first few games of the year would be nice, it would help the crowd acoustics as well. Not sure how if the stands could accommodate a roof though, im no engineer but attaching a roof to the top of those stands might not be achievable?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This is a disgrace,

I notice one of the directors of Stadium Qld is this tart - Victoria Carthew

http://www.4bc.com.au/victoria-carthew/20080826-42bi.html

This is not true, when the clubs get nothing from food and drink sales, and have to in our case then back load the council for trains over a certain number. Case in point Palmer and his cap on supporters.

This is the website for the mongrels doing Skilled games
http://www.mobc.com.au/

I noticed they also are the ones that do AAMI park in Victoria, the only other ground i have had this same complaint (last years test)

Would the local state MP sympathise? with an election coming up a bit of well placed pressure by fans and the club could see some progress?

beave

Coach
they are untouchable, I need to amend by original bag out of stadiums QLD, they aren't labor run as such, more like ' originally set up by labor' organization. The state government aren't allowed to intervene at all as far as I'm aware (my mate looked into this with all the Fury dramas),The reason that the government cannot tell the board of directors of stadium qld what to do is because they are supposed to keep an arms length from any commercial entity that is owned by them. Otherwise the opposition can claim they are abusing their power for the benefit of their party be they lib or labour (whoever is in government at the time).At least that's what the law states, it all harks back to the days when the government owned Telecom and the energy infrstructure etc.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Townsville-1254.jpg.aspx

decent zoomed in panorama of DFS, that main stand on the right hand side is in need of knocking down and rebuilding, that is pretty much the only thing left from the original harness racing era of the ground.

It’s absolutely disgusting that the Suns and Giants get brand new, first class facilities which they will be lucky to 1/3 fill while the people of North Queensland have to put up with that...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez those stands look even less solid than the current NIB scaffold ones! Doesn't look that bad on TV but that picture doesn't paint a pretty picture. Never mind promising a stadium to the CQ bid they should be building one for the existing club in NQ!

beave

Coach
yeah agreed, the amount of cash that this regions puts in both the goverments (federal and state) coffers and what we get back in return is criminal (i just bought a car in brissy and drove it back to tvl over the last 2 days, you would swear the f**king state ended near Gympie, the roads go from decent to absolute tripe in a very short period of time, some of the sections of the Bruce were 3rd world like).

I doubt we will ever see a proper re-vamped stadium in my lifetime, you compare what we have here and what the titans got handed to them and you can see why some of us are pretty bitter up here..............

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Geez those stands look even less solid than the current NIB scaffold ones! Doesn't look that bad on TV but that picture doesn't paint a pretty picture. Never mind promising a stadium to the CQ bid they should be building one for the existing club in NQ!

Completely different looking ground than on tv

on a side note rabs said 25k sold for the anzac day game, not sure if that can be taken as fact. Anyone know if there is a big walk up for the game normally? i know i am

applesauce

Bench
Completely different looking ground than on tv

on a side note rabs said 25k sold for the anzac day game, not sure if that can be taken as fact. Anyone know if there is a big walk up for the game normally? i know i am

FSN said 2days ago 25k was sold, when they were showing the rehearsals of the blackhawk.

Raiderdave

First Grade
probably close to 30k now i would hope, i'm expecting anything from 32-38k depending on roosters fans mood given recent form and events

I don't think the pre sales include cricket ground trust members
of which there are 7K
I'd expect 5K of these there on Monday .. & a quite a few walks up ... people waiting to see what sort of an afternoon it is weather wise

mid 30's at a minimum
pushing 40 as a high mark

beave

Coach
it deserves 40k+.............. everyone who can get along to it should and try to drag a few mates along to it.

It's times like that where I miss living in Sydney............. but then sitting in footy shorts and a singlet in autumn up here with the aircon on......... well it's a small sacrifice I guess!!!!! ;-)

DC_fan

Coach
Beautiful day in Sydney, should get 2 decent crowds tonight.

Brookvale 16k
SFS 18k

Manlys game against Penrith will be lucky to get 12,000. Its a Friday night and Panthers fans (what few there is of you) will not travel that far.

The Tigers game, if it doesn't get 20,000 plus then their is something seriously wrong with our game.

beave

Coach
I am praying the Tigers dust the shit out of the broncos............. would definitely make it a 'good Friday'..................... boom tish!!!!

applesauce

Bench
I am praying the Tigers dust the shit out of the broncos............. would definitely make it a 'good Friday'..................... boom tish!!!!

If the Broncos and Bulldogs win this weekend then next Friday will be a blockbuster at Suncorp possibly 40k.

Then if the Broncos win that it will be 40k+ the following Saturday against the Storm.

There are benefits to the Broncos winning. ;-)

beave

Coach
sigh........ true that.

But I just can't bring myself around to supporting the Broncos......... sorry mate!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No live coverage should push up the crowd figure at Brookvale.

Status
Not open for further replies.