What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Manlys game against Penrith will be lucky to get 12,000. Its a Friday night and Panthers fans (what few there is of you) will not travel that far.

The Tigers game, if it doesn't get 20,000 plus then their is something seriously wrong with our game.

It's not the game that is seriously wrong (or is it) but the fans.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
2010 - Roosters/Broncos - 17 106
2009 - Roosters/Broncos - 18 464
2008 - Roosters/Broncos - 18 724
2007 - Roosters/Broncos - 11 476
2006 - Roosters/Broncos - 21 246

Biggest Good Friday crowd since 2006 at the SFS.

yakstorm

First Grade
Wests Tigers fans turned up in force, and there was a healthy contingent of Broncos fans, what I was surprised to see however was the lack of SFS members at the game.

Usually they turn up in good numbers of the Good Friday match...maybe they are all Roosters fans, but still usually they are better represented at Wests Tigers games.

beave

Coach
I reckon the brooky crowd was really good, i was expecting only about 10k to turn up, kudos to all the sea eagles and panther fans who trekked out there tonight.

user_nat

Coach
Is just under 20k against an interstate team crap? Probably won't be many, if any, bigger crowds in Sydney for games against the Qld sides.

S.R.

Juniors
I'm loathe to quote Ray Hadley (and I'm sure he's not the only one that's said it), but surely the old adage of "it's better to have 20,000 fans paying $10 than 10,000 at $20"

This is particularly true at big stadia where the break-even is quite low.

The cost of having 20,000 people at the stadium is a lot more than having 10,000 there. So financially, it's could be better to have 10,000 at $20 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.