What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yes of course it effects every team but it effects the cowboys more than anyone else. Also don't they mostly ask for Saturday nights? It's not as if they are trying to take all of the high rating timeslots.

Just out of interest is there any team that draws well on a Monday night? I would have thought it would be ok for the storm as it means less competition from AFL.
NOONE likes MNF. To excuse one club from it, no matter who it is, is unfair.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone got stats on each clubs avg attendance when they play on a Monday and what as a % it is less than their normal avg?

Billythekid

First Grade
One thing that i do think needs to be addressed is the kick-off time. I sort of understand why they did it but i think the earlier kick off time hurts the crowds.

NOONE likes MNF. To excuse one club from it, no matter who it is, is unfair.

Is it also fair that some teams are lucky to get 1 FTA game per year? Lets face it, the scheduling isn't fair at all.

The cowboys are mostly asking to play on Saturday night (from memory, this may not be true) which means little FTA coverage and few sunday arvo games. I hardly see that as asking for all to much.

Anyone got stats on each clubs avg attendance when they play on a Monday and what as a % it is less than their normal avg?

This is what i was getting at. I would like to see if there is any club whose crowd holds up well. I get the feeling the storm would be one and they could perform pretty well if the NRL pushes the concept in Melbourne.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm actually pretty sure the raiders draw well (comparitively) on Mondays. Haven't checked stats but it seems that way

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
billythekid has a point.

If kickoff was 7:30, allowing people more time to get to the ground (and infringing slightly less on peak hour traffic), I think we'd see an improve in crowds for MNF - particularly in Sydney.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wrong like usual tim. Leave it that late and people don't get home until as late as 10.30 and 11. Basically removes all young families from being able to go.

age.s

First Grade
Wrong like usual tim. Leave it that late and people don't get home until as late as 10.30 and 11. Basically removes all young families from being able to go.

It would be different for different teams. For me it's nearly impossible to get from work to home to Penrith before 7. I'm sure I'm not alone, and I'm sure Penrith isn't alone. Cronulla, St George, Manly, Parra and to a lesser extent the Homebush teams would all have the same issue for a portion of their fans.

If you're worried about kids being up late on a school night 10-1030 isn't much different to 1030-11. Either way they're not getting enough sleep and you're probably not going to attend. MNF have never and never will be for families.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Weather forecast for Perth is good for the game on Saturday, hopefully will encourage more walk ups and we could see a 20k crowd at Subi.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Weather forecast for Perth is good for the game on Saturday, hopefully will encourage more walk ups and we could see a 20k crowd at Subi.

Yeah I thought I saw the WARL head honcho say in the last few days they're on track for the early 20K's crowd wise

theres no doubt it will be a pro warriors crowd
gotta get into the Kiwis in Perth & if they don't know already .. let em know the warriors are in town
the WARL should be taking out newspaper TV & radio adds promoting the game & using the warriors to boost the crowd .... not Manly

both clubs should be in Perth now ... in Perth Shopping malls .. doing merchandising ... signing posters .. autographs ... photo ops for fans .. giving out free tickets etc
visiting schools etc etc

Rabbitude

Juniors
One thing that i do think needs to be addressed is the kick-off time. I sort of understand why they did it but i think the earlier kick off time hurts the crowds.

100% correct

Kick off should be 7:30pm

A 7:30pm kick off would mean that the match would finish at around 9:20pm at the latest.

You would have to live a long way from the venue to be getting home at around 10:30 - 11:00pm.

Monday night crowds are rubbish, so there aren't a lot of young families going at the moment.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Like usual?

Like how according to you "a penalty try and 8 point try are the same thing"? :lol:

Run along dickhead.

Billythekid

First Grade
It would be different for different teams. For me it's nearly impossible to get from work to home to Penrith before 7. I'm sure I'm not alone, and I'm sure Penrith isn't alone. Cronulla, St George, Manly, Parra and to a lesser extent the Homebush teams would all have the same issue for a portion of their fans.

If you're worried about kids being up late on a school night 10-1030 isn't much different to 1030-11. Either way they're not getting enough sleep and you're probably not going to attend. MNF have never and never will be for families.

This is spot on, if a family was going to take their kids i don't think them being up an extra 30 minutes will make a difference. I think not being able to get to the ground in time is a much bigger issue, especially around Sydney. Actually i'm sure that would have to affect the crowd in NQ too, with the fans travelling so far.

Suitman

Post Whore
This is spot on, if a family was going to take their kids i don't think them being up an extra 30 minutes will make a difference. I think not being able to get to the ground in time is a much bigger issue, especially around Sydney. Actually i'm sure that would have to affect the crowd in NQ too, with the fans travelling so far.

For Townsville games, fans only have to leave early on the day of the match.
Sydney fans have to leave the day before.

Suity

BDR

First Grade
8134... f**king disgrace. Made worse by the fact that the stadium is so cavernous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts