What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirky

Juniors
My statement was in reference to Perth Red suggesting that $28 is the norm to watch a top live sport. I demonstrated that he is wrong.

It goes back to the fact that I can go to an AFL in Melbourne for $20, when to go to a Storm game I'm paying $29.

Ah, sorry, misunderstood your point.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
About the norm to watch live top sport these days. What would you expect it to be?
Norm?

I can pay $20-25 at other grounds for a general admission ticket. 28 PLUS the administration fee is extortion.

You're campaigning for better crowds yet bag someone for suggesting a reason attendances are low is because prices are high?

Troll. f**k off.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
On a more positive note... the AFL had some real shit crowds last weekend. (for them)

Their average is down 9% this year / 13% 2 year trend... but you wont hear this reported in any main stream media..

Perth Red

Post Whore
My statement was in reference to Perth Red suggesting that $28 is the norm to watch a top live sport. I demonstrated that he is wrong.

It goes back to the fact that I can go to an AFL in Melbourne for $20, when to go to a Storm game I'm paying $29.

Must be cheaper on the gate then is it?
Tickemaster is Etihad $24.15 +6.95 handling (Carlton v St Kilda)
MCG Essendon v Richmond is GA $30 + $4.95 on Ticketek

We get ripped off for everything in Perth, admission to the Manly game the other week was $35 GA!

Frailty

First Grade
Must be cheaper on the gate then is it?
Tickemaster is Etihad $24.15 +6.95 handling (Carlton v St Kilda)
MCG Essendon v Richmond is GA $30 + $4.95 on Ticketek

We get ripped off for everything in Perth, admission to the Manly game the other week was $35 GA!

Indeed it is cheaper at the gate:

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Tickets/~/media/Files/2012%20AFL%20Season%20-%20Public%20ticket%20prices.pdf

Children 6 to 14 for $2.50 (under 5 is free).

Not bad is it?

EDIT: Also MCG on ticketek is $25.65 for the Essendon v Richmond game.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
yeh great value, why would you book online if they are that much cheaper at the gate?

You are essentially paying for a guarantee. Given that the MCG rarely sells out for a regular season game, it is quite silly.

The AFL in Melbourne have got the right approach for encouraging people attend the games more regularly.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Raiders are in danger of becoming the third team in town, needs something doing down there.

Rugby League .. the sport .. is first in the ACT & Monaro district ... daylight is 2nd
the Dragons would probably have more fans here then the Brumbies
add them to the fans of Parramatta ... the Bulldogs .. Tigers .. Souths
& of course .. the Raiders
& its easy to see how a Raiders side firing would make mince meat of the Brumbies
but the inconsistency drove most fans in 2012 away en masse about 8 weeks into the season
& a few scrappy wins here & there hasn't convinced anyone down here of their credentials
this plus the mindless rantings of our chairmen ... saying
" that we fans don't count " :o:? ...sealed it... they could win their final 2 rounds , make the playoffs & I Still don't think it would make much of an impact sadly.

oh and
don't be fooled by the crowd fudging midgits
their crowd on Sat wasn't half the size of the Raiders crowd .. which was very ordinary also

they are embarrasing ... & Canberrans .. even those who's prefered sport is giggleball ... won't cop them
they're doomed down here ... nothing surer;-)

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
I don't know why anyone expected anything bigger tonight...

It was an interstate team on a Monday night - in Wollongong.

This means no travelling Cowboy supporters, and little to no dragons supporters from Sydney able to make the 7pm kick off.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Iam sorry but some of the crowd's the NRL is dishing up for the major Sport in N.S.W. and Queensland is just not on.

DIOGENES

Juniors
With 2rounds to go about:
44 k ahead of 2011
1 k ahead of the record 2010
Looks good but If i remember the race for the semifinals was closer in those 2 years and the last two rounds were HUGE.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R25 and 26 2010:
Round 25 Total 138,347 Avg 17,293
Round 26 Total 154,112 Avg 19,264

R25 and 26 2011:
Round 25 Total 135,712 Avg 16,964
Round 26 Total 175,394 Avg 21,924

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts