What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you want to know why we should never have Saturday afternoon football just take a look at Penrith this afternoon.
1. Penrith doesn't have outstanding crowds at the best of times.
2. They're among the lowest crowds this season.
3. They're playing a team noone cares about in Sydney.

It's unfair to judge the entire concept of Saturday afternoon football on this one game. An arvo game is better than the geniused logic of two games at the SAME TIME.

DC_fan

Coach

It's unfair to judge the entire concept of Saturday afternoon football on this one game. An arvo game is better than the geniused logic of two games at the SAME TIME.

BM I acknowledged in my thread that Penrith are a bottom of the table team playing an out of town team. Obviously this would factor in on the crowd size. But I also gave reasons why fans should have showed up.

One thing I failed to mention is that the Penrith Show is on across the road from the ground.

But regardless it's a poor crowd. I will stick by my comments about Saturday afternoon football.

the dude

Juniors
Canberra's 13k crowd last night pushes their average from 9,920 to 10,180 odd.

At least no club will finish with an average lower than 10k

BunniesMan

Immortal
Umm there's always going to be a number of dead rubber (or almost dead rubber) games by round 25. It happens.

Flapper

First Grade
Didn't look to be even that much.

Hey look at you with the offtopic trolling in a serious thread. Take your bs to the threads dedicated to trolling me.

Also, what exactly is the formula for detecting WRITTEN sarcasm?

How is it offtopic? Either you were pretending to not get the sarcasm or you were too stupid to get the sarcasm. Your call.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How is it offtopic? Either you were pretending to not get the sarcasm or you were too stupid to get the sarcasm. Your call.
Look at the thread title. This thread is about crowds. Not about reasons why we think BunniesMan is stupid.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Crowd idea...

Get a car manufacturer / dealer to sponsor the club for say 250 k a year

Instead of cash ask for 12 cars worth 20k (Mazda 3 for eg)

Give one away "every" single home game of the year

Season ticket holders get 2 entries, casual fans get 1 entry

Imagine in penrith if every game a car was won, people would have to come for a chance at that

If your from st Mary's you could even live in the car u win

beave

Coach

Were you even alive when we had Saturday arvo footy??? Everyone complained about it so it got canned and then you hear muppets like you trying to talk it up and want it back, I just shake my head.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Were you even alive when we had Saturday arvo footy??? Everyone complained about it so it got canned and then you hear muppets like you trying to talk it up and want it back, I just shake my head.
3.30, 5.30 and 7.30 or even 4/6/8 is so much better than 5.30/7.30/7.30. Cannibalising ratings and crowds doesn't do the game or the networks any good.

Have 6 hours of back to back footy on a Saturday arvo starting at 3.30 and ending when it's time to hit the pub/nightclub. Would be so much better than what we do regularly now both for ratings and for crowds.

docbrown

Coach
Crowd idea...

Get a car manufacturer / dealer to sponsor the club for say 250 k a year

Instead of cash ask for 12 cars worth 20k (Mazda 3 for eg)

Give one away "every" single home game of the year

Season ticket holders get 2 entries, casual fans get 1 entry

Imagine in penrith if every game a car was won, people would have to come for a chance at that

If your from st Mary's you could even live in the car u win

I know people might criticise that but it's actually a very smart suggestion.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Car idea makes sense. Can't see why it wouldn't work. It should be emailed to clubs. Would be good for the sponsor and would be good for crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.